Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Officiating in the NFL

IcEWoLF

Neck strait is what I was taught but that was 14 years ago a lot may have changed . At game speed and just looking at 2 pictures are different did Ben move to his right to cover up the ball ? It looks like it in those pictures him being over just a few inches and it's shoulder pad to chest hit .

A lot has changed. No longer will leading with your head be tolerated. The lawsuits have seen to that. Plus in the bigger picture we don't want players hurt. Just because some want to see big time hits and violence in the NFL it's just not going to at the cost of the players health if the NFL can curb it. We have read and known way too many players who lost their mental capabilities, their ability to walk without severe pain and a few even death. Is all that worth feeding the need for fans to see violence? I don't think so IMO.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, September 17, 2014 - personal argument
Hidden by Nadine, September 17, 2014 - personal argument

So let me get this correct. You want to see players injured? You call that real football. No thought for the player or their health? How about their loved ones watching them? How about their kids who want their father around for a long time with a memory to go along? Exactly what does it take for you to fill your need for violence? Yes as football fans we all want to see good hits but I doubt there are too many who wants the players concussed or hurt. Sorry to inform you but you need some mental help.

Not surprisingly, you don't get sarcasm.

Not surprisingly, you don't get sarcasm.

I

To be fair to the guy, its harder without those little emoticon thingies.  But I, personally, am getting a better understanding of our posters and can usually tell without having to look for those little doo-hickeys.

Your comment had no hint of sarcasm. Not surprised your not very good at sarcasm.

No hint of sarcasm? I hit you upside the head with it. Go be grouchy with someone else....that seems to be speciality.

No hint of sarcasm? I hit you upside the head with it. Go be grouchy with someone else....that seems to be speciality.

Try re reading your comment and explain where it was sarcasm. My grouchiness has nothing to do with your lack of being clear with what you say. Most people are real clear when joking or being sarcastic. You seem to think we need to read your mind. Sorry, I don't use a crystal ball.

Tonight. At least to me was blatant favoring of the Ravens on officiating. Baltimore could literally do the exact same hit as pit and not get flagged. The amount of holding on the Ravens oline was embarrassing. Yet the refs never called. The steelers were literally forced to play flag football on defense and the oline watch as defenders whipped past and receivers got mugged.

I dunno if this is favoring due to the whole rice situation or what, but that was far from a fair game. Of course it also helps that every Steeler receiver save A. Brown didn't show up last night. And Ben didn't throw that great either....

This officiating... as I said blatant favoring. The refs tonight literally would not let the Eagles fail. The NFL is becoming a joke to watch. Might as well stick to college ball until that is ruined.

Okay guys, this year has been awful, I am sick and tired of watching football, in my opinion the game is no longer fun.

The hit on Ben tonight was perfectly legal and we still get refs throwing the flag because the guy hit him hard...

This needs to stop, its painful to watch!

I also hate the fact if defenders make BARELY any contact past the 5 yard line they get automatically penalized! This is getting ridiculous. 

These are grown men, well trained players, and they get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars per game!

I miss the 90s and early 2000's football, that's when I truly had fun watching football.

These bad calls wouldnt happen if Goodell didnt make the game so sensitive like flag football. These refs wouldve never called more then half the penalties back in the 80s or 90s..

These bad calls wouldnt happen if Goodell didnt make the game so sensitive like flag football. These refs wouldve never called more then half the penalties back in the 80s or 90s..

Well, a lot of changes are due to the NFL trying to find ways to improve player safety.  Are you saying "Goodell" should be less concerned?  Although, I'd like to point out that it isn't Goodell siting in a castle making up rules like he is Joffrey. 

I think the biggest issue that most people have is the lack of consistency.  And if a mistake happens a majority of the time there is nothing a coach, player, or spectator to do about it. 

Colts fans complaining about biased officiating is hilarious

Oh Vance, the Manning days are over. The biased officiating we had no resides in Denver. Now Patriots fans complaining about officiating is "hilarious". Indy hasn't had they blessing of the refs in a while now.

Oh Vance, the Manning days are over. The biased officiating we had no resides in Denver. Now Patriots fans complaining about officiating is "hilarious". Indy hasn't had they blessing of the refs in a while now.

Yeah well, I'm not forgetting that thursday night game in 2011 and the other game in 2012. Both of which were played at LOS.

The officiating has become absolutely deplorable. I am not even a Colts fan but I signed up for this site just to say they were absolutely robbed tonight. Bad calls are ruining too many games and something needs to be done. I think there should be a separate set of challenge flags to challenge bad calls. A game should not be determined by a bad call from an official.

Try re reading your comment and explain where it was sarcasm. My grouchiness has nothing to do with your lack of being clear with what you say. Most people are real clear when joking or being sarcastic. You seem to think we need to read your mind. Sorry, I don't use a crystal ball.

Who is we? You are the only one that thought I actually wanted players to get concussions. If something sounds outrageously over the top the person probably isn't being serious.

Who is we? You are the only one that thought I actually wanted players to get concussions. If something sounds outrageously over the top the person probably isn't being serious.

Are you done arguing yet? I didn't take your comment as sarcasm and explained why. Is there anything else?

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, September 17, 2014 - personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, September 17, 2014 - personal shot

Yes. You really need to get some mr grouchy

So you decided to take your last comment out? Why is that? Didn't you want anyone to see your obvious ignorant insult? It's OK as you are now on my short list of ignore. Now have your self a good day.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, September 17, 2014 - personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, September 17, 2014 - personal shot

So you decided to take your last comment out? Why is that? Didn't you want anyone to see your obvious ignorant insult? It's OK as you are now on my short list of ignore. Now have your self a good day.

Isn't it time to change your depends?