Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Post game thoughts (Colts @ Broncos)

BProland85

Agreed.  He looks like a solid SAM LB in this defense.  The hybrid 3-4 needs a more dynamic LB in Mathis' spot.  After listening to Grigson and Pagano all off season, I expected to see more from Werner.  Pass rushers are hard to come by but Grigson needs to draft one that really fits the bill as far as speed is concerned.

If Justin Houston hits the market next off-season we should go out and get this guy.

I project the cap to raise roughly another $10 million

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If fairness to Werner he is still a second year player who went up against arguably the best left tackle in the league. He at the very least seems to have made some progress from last season, especially in run defense.

Werner is better against the run than he is a pass rusher. He simply lacks the speed to beat people on the edge.

Same old, same old =  playoff team.

No team is going to be perfect.  Every team can improve.  We obviously have weaknesses, it doesn't mean we can't win.  That's a fact, not an opinion.

There was no quit in our team last night. I think some of the fans had quit but not the Colts. I especially enjoy Luck has FIRE and you could see is extremely competitive and animated.

I think the team is overall better than last year and when Mathis gets back I think the D could be rock solid (other than a cover safety). When was the last time we could say that?

Ahmad Bradshaw - what else can you say about him? He does not go down easily on contact, his vision is good, his legs keep churning. He does so many little things right (like that block to make a lane for Dwayne Allen's TD etc.) that he is the consummate team player. Love that guy, hope he stays healthy.

Its the vision thing that separates him from TRich.  He finds holes and creases that change 2 yard gains into 8 yard rushes.

I definitely think pass rush and running the ball our the 2 biggest weaknesses on the Colts right now. Next offseason we need to address this by bringing in some help at OLB and maybe DE since Werner doesn't seem to be a game wrecker as Pagano likes to put it in regards to pass rushing.

OL looks decent in pass blocking but maybe with some better offensive play calling we can generate more of a running game.

Luck and the weapons he has should be fine though. Just some lack of communication and dropped passes at times.

First let me say I'm glad the Broncos won, my only disappointment is that they didnt continue shutting the Colts out like they did the first half. As for your O Line, I thought they did very well second half and adjusted. Luck wasnt getting seated as much and had a lot more time in the pocket. The worst they did was losing at the goal line on 4th and one. Glad to see Peyton get revenge, but the Colts put a scare on Bronco fans!

There was no quit in our team last night. I think some of the fans had quit but not the Colts. I especially enjoy Luck has FIRE and you could see is extremely competitive and animated.

I think the team is overall better than last year and when Mathis gets back I think the D could be rock solid (other than a cover safety). When was the last time we could say that?

Some people expect it to happen over night.  We're a few years removed from what was basically an empty roster.  The team improved last year, in spite of all of the loss of key players due to injury.  We went one more game into the playoffs.

The line is still a work in progress, but IMHO it's better than last season already.  And we're still not with our potentially starting center.  The defense lacks a true pass rusher (right now) and the safety play leaves a lot to be desired.  Yet it held the best offense in the league to a TD in the second half. 

There are those that see the weaknesses (like we all do) and complain.  Their posts are basically the same as stomping their feet and holding their breath.  Just like our children, I guess we should have patience with them even though they have no patience with the team.

In my opinion, if you can't see this team is trending up, then you're not looking.

hes the coach, he's not going to talk bad about individual players.

Why would Pagano, or any coach, say anything bad about their players to the public? It is unprofessional and it is not good to keep your locker room and players' respect.

I'm not saying he should go out and trash anyone.  But you hear all the time about coaches who say players need to step up.  Pagano goes out of his way to talk about everyone like they're going to the HOF. 

I'm not saying he should go out and trash anyone.  But you hear all the time about coaches who say players need to step up.  Pagano goes out of his way to talk about everyone like they're going to the HOF. 

I agree, and then a lot of posters here wonder why some fans have unrealistic expectations of some players.