Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day 09/04 "Throwback Thursday Trivia"

sb41champs

:blueshoe:   ENJOY TODAYS "THROWBACK THURSDAY TRIVIA" IN HONOR OF SNF SHOWDOWN WITH PEYTON MANNING & HIS WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION !!

:blueshoe:   Early on in his Colts career - QB Peyton Manning had to wear a tinted helmet visor.  WHY ??

:blueshoe:   PLEASE DO NOT LOOK UP ANSWER ONLINE !!

Perhaps he went through a nocturnal phase exploring bats, vampires, & where wolves...

Or he just got back from a holiday in Alaska in complete 24 hour darkness listening to Manfred Mann's "Blinded By The Light" in his car on his way back to training camp in INDY. Just goofing around BTW. 

Maybe Manning passed out at a wild party & Eli shaved his eyebrows off. Did you every notice that if human beings lose their caterpillar above their eyes they look kind of like an alien? 

Walk in front of a mirror & hold your hand above your eyes for a second. I'll wait...See, I told ya.  :P

Maybe Manning passed out at a wild party & Eli shaved his eyebrows off. Did you every notice that if human beings lose their caterpillar above their eyes they look kind of like an alien? 

Walk in front of a mirror & hold your hand above your eyes for a second. I'll wait...See, I told ya.  :P

I guess I have been an alien all of my life....no caterpillars above the eye :)  Really thin

I guess I have been an alien all of my life....no caterpillars above the eye :)  Really thin

It's alright Brent. Since aliens are typically associated with superior intelligence portrayed in science fiction flicks, it is safe to assume that you possess knowledge lightyears beyond the average human being. You are definitely 1 of the sharpest cats I know.

Take me to your leader. Well, Colts owner Jim Irsay is serving a 6 game suspension at the moment, but after that I'm sure that Brent can arrange a pow wow, brain trust meet & greet session.  haha

It's alright Brent. Since aliens are typically associated with superior intelligence portrayed in science fiction flicks, it is safe to assume that you possess knowledge lightyears beyond the average human being. You are definitely 1 of the sharpest cats I know.

Take me to your leader. Well, Colts owner Jim Irsay is serving a 6 game suspension at the moment, but after that I'm sure that Brent can arrange a pow wow, brain trust meet & greet session.  haha

Laughing hysterically!  I may be a smart dog....but not cat...:)

He was trying to be like Jim McMahon...

Mcmahon.1993.jpg

Nice example there Gandalf & a good picture too with the dark visor. I forgot that Jim wore a visor when he played QB in his later years winning 2 SBs 1 in 85 with the Bears & 1 in 1996 with the Packers. I remember when Jay Leno was hosting the Tonight Show in his 1st run  McMahon wore sunglasses to the taping & he even brought a note from his Dr. saying that he needed the shades because he had extreme sensitivity to lights. Jay had a pet peeve with celebrities who wore sunglasses during interviews because he likes to look into their eyes when he talks to them on the air. 

The other sad thing is this: Jim has severe memory loss due to concussions over the length of time he played in the NFL. Another amnesia/ dementia example to illustrate what professional football can take...Your mind & your memories. Sigh...

Laughing hysterically!  I may be a smart dog....but not cat... :)

Okay, you're right. You're no fur ball more like your German Shepard Que & your other dog Ci Zi the lord of your domain roaming your territory until the wife & kids come home. LOL! 

Truthfully, I meant "cat" as in a roaring 1920's mastermind typically associated with the genre of a new artistic genre jazz like Miles Davis as in "Man, that cat can play dadeo. Like he's in another stratosphere dog. Woof! " 

You Rock My Brother.  :thmup: Your specialty is defensive wisdom & special teams wizardry along with just making me laugh...With you not at you BTW...a huge difference Brent. 

Besides, SW1 flocks to goofy bafoons anyway or do I attract them personally? I'm not sure. It's a toss up or an 80-20% ratio split buddy.  :lol:

Too much information? Yeah, you're probably right Brent & Radio Girl...Okay, I'll shut up now. 

Maybe not Irsay, but maybe Tom Petty in West Palm in a couple of weeks :)

Maybe not Irsay, but maybe Tom Petty in West Palm in a couple of weeks :)

Cool. You mean you & Radio Girl get to see him LIVE? Nice. Working in radio does have it's advantages. You get to rub elbows with gifted musicians all the time. Sweet. In fact, I wrote a review of Mr. Petty & the HeartBreakers in the "Seen Any Good Movies Lately?" thread on here recently. I figured you might enjoy reading that actually. 

We gotta start talking on the phone again now that the NFL is back on TV again BTW. I miss those conversations man. Enjoy the show you 2. I always thought his tour should be called the "Don't Be Petty Free Fallin" Tour" TBH with you. Hope all is well on the home front as well. 

Was last nights Seattle vs GB game blocked in your area or where you able to watch it? Apparently not all INDY fans were lucky enough to see it in Indiana unfortunately. 

I will e-mail you on this site to set up a day & time to discuss football once a week. Do you have a personal preference day or time wise? Let me know. 

Cool. You mean you & Radio Girl get to see him LIVE? Nice. Working in radio does have it's advantages. You get to rub elbows with gifted musicians all the time. Sweet. In fact, I wrote a review of Mr. Petty & the HeartBreakers in the "Seen Any Good Movies Lately?" thread on here recently. I figured you might enjoy reading that actually. 

We gotta start talking on the phone again now that the NFL is back on TV again BTW. I miss those conversations man. Enjoy the show you 2. I always thought his tour should be called the "Don't Be Petty Free Fallin" Tour" TBH with you. Hope all is well on the home front as well. 

Was last nights Seattle vs GB game blocked in your area or where you able to watch it? Apparently not all INDY fans were lucky enough to see it in Indiana unfortunately. 

I need to read that review.  His new album Hypnotic Eye is pretty good, but for the vacation "The Waiting is the Hardest Part."  :)

I am ready.  I saw you on and thought I may buzz you today???

Those with Directv could not view it I guess.  We were fine.  I think on any given day, the Colts can beat any team in this league....Seahawks DO have flaws.  They are however strong....Sherman was exceptional.

I need to read that review.  His new album Hypnotic Eye is pretty good, but for the vacation "The Waiting is the Hardest Part."   :)

I am ready.  I saw you on and thought I may buzz you today???

Those with Directv could not view it I guess.  We were fine.  I think on any given day, the Colts can beat any team in this league....Seahawks DO have flaws.  They are however strong....Sherman was exceptional.

I'm available today if you wanna drop me a line or knock me up. I love that English expression because it sounds naughty, but it really isn't. Double meaning expressions always crack me up.  :yahoo:

When I write my reviews, I try to construct my words in such a way that my audience doesn't have to possess any prior knowledge of the subject being discussed BTW. So even if a topic is foreign to you a person will still get something beneficial from it. The write up is on page 12 I believe. 

I'm glad you 2 saw the game with no trouble. The Hawks looked solid last night. They will destroy the 49ers but I am intrigued by AZ in their division though. QB RW has definitely gotten better too. 

I'll be around today. If the line is busy, just keep trying periodically. Haven't heard Petty's new stuff yet. The last album I heard of his was "The Last DJ" I think. I will go on itunes & listen to Hypnotic Eye. Yeah, waiting definitely blows. Not the song, but the literally waiting for it to arrive. Ha! Ha! 

I think on any given day, the Colts can beat any team in this league....Seahawks DO have flaws.  They are however strong....Sherman was exceptional.

Yep, it's time to make it all the way to the AFC Championship Game this season at a bare minimum. Seattle's secondary was impressive since Aaron Rogers kept throwing most of his passes underneath for short/intermediate passes practically all night long. Sherman looked bored. No one threw in his direction either. The Hawks had a ton of takeaways too, but to be fair, 2 of RW's throws should have been picked off by GB. 

I always laugh when I see RW run because he's so small, elusive, & sneaky at making LBs miss him. I've got him. Wait, how in the hades did he slip past me man? He did that at WI so many times to opposing college defenses & he continues to frustrate pass rushers at the next level too. 

He's so small that you lose him even if the pocket collapses & he is forced to scramble & he always keeps his eyes downfield. He runs for 6 yards & throws a completion for 20 yards & the defense is exhausted chasing him down. Pass rushers can't breathe & they go crap it was 3rd & long & now it's 1st down again. Man, it's gonna be a long night. RW is more lethal than QB Michael Vick from his young Atlanta Falcons days because RW is accurate either under center or on the fly vs Vick who had legs, but his accuracy sucked running & throwing 7-10 times as a young QB IMO.