Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is Wes Welker done? [Merge]

akcolt

"Bronco Mike" reporting for "Mile High Report?" And there are questions about Tom E. Curran's objectivity? God forbid, with some people, you actually attempt to point out something about Manning that doesn't equate to a sunshine-and-bubble-gum-scented bouquet of roses. 

This is completely amateurish stuff. And to boot, two of the three gifs he posted of Welker getting concussed in Denver absolutely works AGAINST his argument. The first one against KC was an open-field collision. The second throw was off, high and wide (Welker stopped while it looked like Manning expected him to continue across), and that lead Welker into the defender who hit him. The third, even "Bronco Mike" admits, was a dangerous throw into traffic.

Also the examples of Brady "leading" Welker in similar situations were all pretty weak. And, more importantly, did not result in Welker getting concussed. Honestly, I don't know what he's seeing when he watches these clips. 

"Bronco Mike" is clearly not a journalist. He's a fan with a blog. The second sentence in the article uses a well-known derogatory phrase for Massachusetts residents - yup, real professional. (And original too, I might add.) And someone who writes under the name "Bronco Mike" accusing ANYONE else of being a "lapdog" is just too ironic to even process. 

Curran had a valid point in his article. He stated it way too strongly and with too much opinion infused into it, but fact is, Manning is a QB who, at this point, relies a lot more on accuracy and timing than velocity. That is not a knock to his greatness or a criticism of him, nor does it imply that he's careless with his receivers. It's pretty straightforward and obvious to anyone who watches the sport. 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Bronco Mike" reporting for "Mile High Report?" And there are questions about Tom E. Curran's objectivity? God forbid, with some people, you actually attempt to point out something about Manning that doesn't equate to a sunshine-and-bubble-gum-scented bouquet of roses. 

This is completely amateurish stuff. And to boot, two of the three gifs he posted of Welker getting concussed in Denver absolutely works AGAINST his argument. The first one against KC was an open-field collision. The second throw was off, high and wide (Welker stopped while it looked like Manning expected him to continue across), and that lead Welker into the defender who hit him. The third, even "Bronco Mike" admits, was a dangerous throw into traffic.

Also the examples of Brady "leading" Welker in similar situations were all pretty weak. And, more importantly, did not result in Welker getting concussed. Honestly, I don't know what he's seeing when he watches these clips. 

"Bronco Mike" is clearly not a journalist. He's a fan with a blog. The second sentence in the article uses a well-known derogatory phrase for Massachusetts residents - yup, real professional. (And original too, I might add.) And someone who writes under the name "Bronco Mike" accusing ANYONE else of being a "lapdog" is just too ironic to even process. 

Curran had a valid point in his article. He stated it way too strongly and with too much opinion infused into it, but fact is, Manning is a QB who, at this point, relies a lot more on accuracy and timing than velocity. That is not a knock to his greatness or a criticism of him, nor does it imply that he's careless with his receivers. It's pretty straightforward and obvious to anyone who watches the sport. 

Whatever it is, he made some very valid points and gifs which exemplifies the hit Welker took while we was in NE.

The fact that a journalist from NE talk about Manning loses its credibility from the get go. I mean we all know the only guy who didn't vote for Manning last year for the MVP. Dont try to justify that. 

"Bronco Mike" reporting for "Mile High Report?" And there are questions about Tom E. Curran's objectivity? God forbid, with some people, you actually attempt to point out something about Manning that doesn't equate to a sunshine-and-bubble-gum-scented bouquet of roses.

It says blog right on the page. He doesn't hide the fact that he is a bronco fan. The third gif he even acknowledges peyton shouldn't have thrown the ball to wes, especially in a preseason game But the examples he gave about Brady are valid. Just like they are for any qb that has ever played

Whatever it is, he made some very valid points and gifs which exemplifies the hit Welker took while we was in NE.

The fact that a journalist from NE talk about Manning loses its credibility from the get go. I mean we all know the only guy who didn't vote for Manning last year for the MVP. Dont try to justify that. 

That wasn't Tom E. Curran who didn't vote for Manning last year, Shane. It was Jim Miller. 

I'm not going to try to justify anything related to anything you're not remembering correctly.  ;)

And plenty of NE journalists have heaped praise on Manning over the years. Simply being a reporter in a specific region doesn't mean you "lose credibility" from the get-go. I agreed that Curran over-stated his point.

It says blog right on the page. He doesn't hide the fact that he is a bronco fan. The third gif he even acknowledges peyton shouldn't have thrown the ball to wes, especially in a preseason game But the examples he gave about Brady are valid. Just like they are for any qb that has ever played

It does, perhaps I just overreact when someone ignorantly refers to an entire region of people as "mass-####s." 

And sure, every QB and slot receiver runs into this. But I disagree with you on the gif examples.

Play #1 (for NE) was an out route with a CB who read the play and broke off his coverage but was 8 yards away from Welker when he caught the ball. The writer said Brady "lead him into a corner playing zone." Unfortunate that "Bronco Mike" can't seem to really even decipher a basic play, but I digress. 

Play #2 was a seam pass in tight coverage where Welker is again not "lead" into contact the way a slot guy is on crossing routes. Welker bounces right up from that hit because all three guys were heading downfield. 

94 career regular season games in NE, zero concussions.

13 in Denver, three concussions.

Maybe you guys didn't like the way Curran presented it, but are you honestly looking at these numbers and facts and saying that he has no point at all? 

That wasn't Tom E. Curran who didn't vote for Manning last year, Shane. It was Jim Miller. 

I'm not going to try to justify anything related to anything you're not remembering correctly.  ;)

And plenty of NE journalists have heaped praise on Manning over the years. Simply being a reporter in a specific region doesn't mean you "lose credibility" from the get-go. I agreed that Curran over-stated his point.

It does, perhaps I just overreact when someone ignorantly refers to an entire region of people as "mass-####s." 

And sure, every QB and slot receiver runs into this. But I disagree with you on the gif examples.

Play #1 (for NE) was an out route with a CB who read the play and broke off his coverage but was 8 yards away from Welker when he caught the ball. The writer said Brady "lead him into a corner playing zone." Unfortunate that "Bronco Mike" can't seem to really even decipher a basic play, but I digress. 

Play #2 was a seam pass in tight coverage where Welker is again not "lead" into contact the way a slot guy is on crossing routes. Welker bounces right up from that hit because all three guys were heading downfield. 

Maybe you guys didn't like the way Curran presented it, but are you honestly looking at these numbers and facts and saying that he has no point at all? 

I didnt say they are the same. Point is they are from NE  :thmup:

I'm not going to try to justify anything related to anything you're not remembering correctly. ;)

No reported concussions I guarantee he has had concussions in the past Very few players can play 10+ years without having a concussion.

I didnt say they are the same. Point is they are from NE  :thmup:

I gotcha Shane. I reacted strongly, probably due to the "mass----" reference. 

No reported concussions I guarantee he has had concussions in the past Very few players can play 10+ years without having a concussion.

Quite possibly, sure. But you've got to admit, three in less than two years is a lot. Something can happen once by coincidence, or even chance; maybe even twice. At three times it starts feeling like a pattern though. 

I gotcha Shane. I reacted strongly, probably due to the "mass----" reference.

Quite possibly, sure. But you've got to admit, three in less than two years is a lot. Something can happen once by coincidence, or even chance; maybe even twice. At three times it starts feeling like a pattern though.

Once you've had a concussion you are more apt to getting more in the future that's what ended aikman and youngs careers

Mankins is nearing the end of his hall of fame career and is on the books for lots o money.. so they might look to trade or move on from him at some point as a salary cap decision.

You cant lose a young stud like McCourty for an aging stud like Mankins.

sorry i went a little off topic

Wow, do I have a crystal ball or what :P  About 24 hours after I posted this, they traded Mankins!

Queue Twilight Zone music

In these times it matters what your family around you says and the advice they give.  I wonder what Welker's wife is saying to him.

If I was in Welker's situation I would like and hope my family and wife would do everything they could to convince and persuade me to retire for my health and that money isn't the most important thing in life.  I would HATE it if anyone in my family especially my wife would to tell me to keep playing for the money.  That's divorce right there.

And then you cried the whole day :)

ha ya, it makes logical business sense, but it still sucks to see some of your favorite players leave the team.  I was way more devastated when they traded Richard Seymour.

As long as they use the money to extend Devin McCourty ill get over it!