Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Forbes: Broncos fans No.2 in NFL

Shane Bond

I'm not really sure that ticket buying is a good measure of one's fandom. I enjoy going to Gillette very much, and was in on a split season ticket deal with a bunch of buddies between 1995 and 2003. But with a wife and two kids 5 and under, I'm not going to be able to get to a lot of games these days. And you can almost forget about me taking the family... I don't really have piles of money lying around with nothing to do.  ;)

Plus a game at Gillette is a day-long commitment. It's at least an hour from where I live and getting in and out of there is at least a two-hour ordeal each way. For 1 pm games we used to leave by 9 am and not get home until 7 or 8 o'clock sometimes. 

I've also gotten to that point in life where it sure feels like the best view I can get is the one from my couch, lol...  :thmup:

All my closest friends are broke too & not living on easy street either. Hey GP, maybe we need to see if either Jim Irsay or Robert Kraft will accept us as long lost family cousins. Perhaps we can a inherit a tidy sum of money down the road. Hmmm...Just Kidding! I can't even win with cheap lottery tickets either. LOL! 

Whoa, leave at 9 AM & get home at 8 PM that is a long day. Wow. It makes me tired just thinking about leaving the Gillette parking lot man. Yep, the couch is the best seat in the house as long as your wife doesn't say "Honey we need to talk" during the game. Oh crap...

If your lovely wife just read that tell her to blame your obnoxious friend from the Badger State not you okay.  haha I've got your back man. 

You can't call out a fanbase for not buying tickets when you yourself didn't go to the game

Fairly elementary really

There are a variety of reasons why you can't attend a football game, assuming she doesn't actually have season tickets or doesn't go to games. Fairly elementary really.

She called out the fan base for not quickly selling out the game, she did not attend said game. What are you missing?

Who the hell cares? Maybe she couldn't afford it, or she lives too far away, or her car wasn't working, or her legs were broken, what does it matter, her statement in no way is wrong because she MAY not have even gone to the game (you don't even know if she did or didn't). What is so hard to understand about this?

Who the hell cares? Maybe she couldn't afford it, or she lives too far away, or her car wasn't working, or her legs were broken, what does it matter, her statement in no way is wrong because she MAY not have even gone to the game (you don't even know if she did or didn't). What is so hard to understand about this?

You can't call out a fan base for not attending when you don't go yourself. And i do know she didn't go

OMG this is madness.....

Really.

You can't call out a fan base for not attending when you don't go yourself. And i do know she didn't go

Again with the attending of the games. That is a weak barometer for fandom especially if a fan can't afford to attend in person or lives too far away like myself. And last I checked, Jules is not posting her love for Manning/Denver all over these threads like someone else.

Man, some of these forum exchanges are getting brutal or dare I say a tad bit vicious. Like I said before, I respect Jules & Jvan. I'm not taking sides here.

Vance does have a point though. Attending games is not cheap & there are a variety of reasons why fans cannot attend stadium games primarily geographic location or the high price of tickets, parking, & refreshments like GP so eloquently & accurately stated above. 

OMG this is madness.....

Really.

Nice "Bridge on the River Kwai" 1957 film quote there Jules.

A fantastic flick starring actor Alec Guinness as Colonel Nicholson AKA Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi in 1977's original "Star Wars" BTW. Actor William Holden, 1 of my favorite stars, played Lt. Shers too. Can you whistle that memorable song? I wish I could actually.

The reality of the situation is that fans support a winning franchise which baffles me as to why fans show up at Dallas Cowboys games. Clearly, they must be foolish & have more money than brains. LOL!  

But then again, the Raiders annually suck & the Black Hole is always packed so what the hades do I know. I would gladly crack my wallet open to attend either a Colts, Pats, or Denver game once though. 

If I ever visit Jerry World AKA AT&T Stadium, SW1 is gonna need some serious protection maybe even the Secret Service. Ha! Ha!

For the record, I would obviously be favoring the Colts or whoever Dallas's opponent was. As Stephen A. Smith on "First Take" always says "I'm allergic to scrubs" i.e. teams that are habitual losers. 

Nice "Bridge on the River Kwai" 1957 film quote there Jules.

A fantastic flick starring actor Alec Guinness as Colonel Nicholson AKA Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi in 1977's original "Star Wars" BTW. Actor William Holden, 1 of my favorite stars, played Lt. Shers too. Can you whistle that memorable song? I wish I could actually.

"sheer madness"

;)

Man, some of these forum exchanges are getting brutal or dare I say a tad bit vicious. Like I said before, I respect Jules & Jvan. I'm not taking sides here.

Vance does have a point though. Attending games is not cheap & there are a variety of reasons why fans cannot attend stadium games primarily geographic location or the high price of tickets, parking, & refreshments like GP so eloquently & accurately stated above.

There are individuals that cannot be reasoned with. So, don't waste your time trying to do so.

I do appreciate your trying to keep it civil.