Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Redskins v Browns

jvan1973

I love how he made a big deal out of how he's gonna "get down" and not take hits during his pre-game sideline interview. Then immediately proceeds to get himself tackled awkwardly, followed by getting bushwacked by three separate defenders while scrambling to the sidelines. 

I just don't see that dude having much of a career, despite his lofty talents. 

If I was a Redskins fan I would be pulling my hair out.  It is like he has learned nothing from his injury and that he needs to just get down as soon as he can.  Discretion is the better part of valor.  It does the team no good for him to lay out and put himself in harms way for a few more yards if he is consistently hurt.

Yeah, but you gotta have it make some sort of sense.

Like, when Andrew Luck goes out for halloween, he dresses up as himself. Because he looks like an ogre. See?

Well I mean, the last thing I was really shooting for was logical reasoning, much less common sense.  But to my defense, he did have a concussion last year...

From what I seen it's going to take a lot more than two weeks or two more pre season games. :thinking:

I could say the same about a lot of teams, honestly. This is what preseason is for. I don't think we should judge based off of vanilla concepts and no game planning at all. I'm sure both teams have a lot of tweaking they want to do though.

Manziel was having terrible calling plays. He isn't playing anytime soon. Griffen looked terrible.

It's preseason. Say what you will but Griffin's coaches have had nothing but absolutely positive things to say about him, including that he looks as if he's returned to 2012 form. You know, when he balled out and won ROTY. I didn't see the game so I can't say anything about Manziel, but guess what, he's a rookie. Hoyer played terribly apparently so it isn't time to throw in the towel on the future of the franchise yet.

It's preseason. Say what you will but Griffin's coaches have had nothing but absolutely positive things to say about him, including that he looks as if he's returned to 2012 form. You know, when he balled out and won ROTY. I didn't see the game so I can't say anything about Manziel, but guess what, he's a rookie. Hoyer played terribly apparently so it isn't time to throw in the towel on the future of the franchise yet.

All three of them were terrible. Not bad, terrible Cousins was the best qb last night, and it wasn't close

All three of them were terrible. Not bad, terrible Cousins was the best qb last night, and it wasn't close

Yeah, going against twos and threes really shows how good a player really is. The Redskins dominated the Patriots last week and Johnny Manziel was superb in his first start, but I guess these performances erase those, huh?

What are the coaches suppose to say about Griffin? Oh, he looks terrible! Their not going to take a chance on hurting his mental state! :goodluck:

What are the coaches suppose to say about Griffin? Oh, he looks terrible! Their not going to take a chance on hurting his mental state! :goodluck:

Lol, Jay Gruden is like his brother, he isn't one to nonsense. Griffin's a big boy, I'm sure he can handle the criticism from a coach he actually likes  :yes:

Why so serious?

I'm not. I just find it funny how a lot of detractors of certain players and teams ignore good performances and then go full blast claiming the future is doomed whenever a bad preseason game is played. Jvan is a prime suspect when it comes to these sorts of things.

Yeah, going against twos and threes really shows how good a player really is. The Redskins dominated the Patriots last week and Johnny Manziel was superb in his first start, but I guess these performances erase those, huh?

Johnny played against the ones twos and threes and sucked against them all

Google his performance. I know you have a love affair with terrible qbs, but he was beyond bad. He had trouble calling plays for crying out loud

Yeah, QBs so terrible they went in the first round of their respective drafts, and one of them has already won ROTY, won his division, and led his team to the playoffs hurting. Like I've already said...the guy is a rookie playing in his second preseason game. Not everyone is Matt Ryan, Joe, or Andrew. The guy is still learning the playbook, and no player, especially not a rookie quarterback, masters a playbook by the second game of preseason. He had a terrible completion percentage yes but he got his team on the board and it is a bit of an exaggeration to say he played terribly against ones twos and threes.

Yeah, QBs so terrible they went in the first round of their respective drafts, and one of them has already won ROTY, won his division, and led his team to the playoffs hurting. Like I've already said...the guy is a rookie playing in his second preseason game. Not everyone is Matt Ryan, Joe, or Andrew. The guy is still learning the playbook, and no player, especially not a rookie quarterback, masters a playbook by the second game of preseason. He had a terrible completion percentage yes but he got his team on the board and it is a bit of an exaggeration to say he played terribly against ones twos and threes.

actually it isn't The TD was a shovel pass in traffic that the back took to the house

Good news for the browns is, as bad as the bills look. Cleveland will probably end up with two top five picks

I do think overall, Browns management is getting better. I like the Terrance West pick in the third round. Some of the free agent signings are somewhat better also. I'm not sure about Johnny Football, but coming from a Ravens organization that had Kyle Boller, Stony Case, Tony Banks, and other cast of bums quarterbacks, you tend to get desperate. You can't blame the Browns for taking a chance, and it at least gave a moribund Browns organization some publicity, not to mention tons of merchandizing sales .