Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Top 10 in injuries the last 8 years, last 2 years, Top 3.

Black-Vell

I felt like we never catch a break with injuries, but wasn't sure because it may feel like that because I only pay attention to my team. But when I did some research, it was actually worse than I thought. We had two 11-win seasons while in the Top 3 for most time missed due to injury.

I won't complain about resting players anymore. We had as mure talent on IR than some teams have period. At least on OFF anyway. We already lost 2 players that were starting when they were injured.........the 1st time. What if this is like a Manning Curse. After all, isn't all this the result of a neck injury. Heck, even J Irsay and C Pagano have been "injured" What if we made the wrong choice and upset the injury gods.

Just kidding about the curse by the way. The Release happened 3 years ago, not 8.

Injuries are bad luck that you can only do so much to prevent. What I find interesting here is that for so many years people blamed it on Dungy using smaller guys and since he's left and Pagano has gone to bigger guys it has gotten worse. Proof that we probablt put too much emphases on the size thing. I will say if the Colts started trying some different things I'd be alright with that, but like I said before a lot of injuries are just bad luck.

I felt like we never catch a break with injuries, but wasn't sure because it may feel like that because I only pay attention to my team. But when I did some research, it was actually worse than I thought. We had two 11-win seasons while in the Top 3 for most time missed due to injury.

I won't complain about resting players anymore. We had as mure talent on IR than some teams have period. At least on OFF anyway. We already lost 2 players that were starting when they were injured.........the 1st time. What if this is like a Manning Curse. After all, isn't all this the result of a neck injury. Heck, even J Irsay and C Pagano have been "injured" What if we made the wrong choice and upset the injury gods.

Just kidding about the curse by the way. The Release happened 3 years ago, not 8.

It's worse than even your title suggests...

"The Colts ranked 31st (110.3) in AGL for the third time in five years and have ranked 24th or worse in eight straight seasons"