Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training camp thread 8/1/14

Valpo2004

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Luck's completion% and ints are still an issue. Those 2 things are why he's not top 5 yet.

Alex Smith and Russell Wilson were the only two full time QBs to throw fewer/same amount INTs than Luck last year

Edit: and Kaepernick

Luck threw 570 passes 9 ints

Wilson threw 407 passes 9 ints

Kaepernick threw 416 passes 8 ints

Smith threw 508 passes 7 ints

• The star of the day (for me) might have been Daniel Adongo, though the defense as a whole looked good.  Adongo had two would-be sacks (because, remember, he can't hit the QB) and looked good rushing the passer.  He was playing with the second team defense today at outside linebacker, and the pressure he got was significant.  Also, in a blocking drill the team was doing today (where a linebacker/lineman goes against an offensive lineman), Adongo looked good, most notably embarrassing Joe Reitz as Adongo just flew by him.  Adongo also played on the kick return unit today (though not as a returner).  He was blocking for the returners.  Along those same lines, I think perhaps the reason Adongo has worked some at catching kicks the past two days is because if it's a shorter kickoff (even by 5-10 yards), there's a real chance it could come to him if he's going to be playing where he was today.  But either way, I've loved what I've been seeing out of Adongo as a defensive player and he has been playing on both the kick coverage and kick return units.  I think there's a good chance he makes the team, because his athleticism and speed is clear, his improvement is exciting, and he could really help the team on special teams too.  He still needs to impress, but so far, I've been pleased with what I've seen.
  • The Colts return to the practice field tomorrow at 1:50 before an off day Sunday.

www.stampedeblue.com

7 freakin ints in the playoffs

Two were on horrible routes by Brazil and Rogers. Another was a pass that was a little off but bounced off Hiltons hands. At leaf 1 or two were desperation things when NE blew the game apart. So at least some of that was not totally on Luck.

Two were on horrible routes by Brazil and Rogers. Another was a pass that was a little off but bounced off Hiltons hands. At leaf 1 or two were desperation things when NE blew the game apart. So at least some of that was not totally on Luck.

Brazil was waived couldn't have been him running the wrong route.