Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Justin Blackmon Arrested

ColtJ82

According to Federal Law, yes.

It's just not enforced.

http://norml.org/laws/item/federal-penalties-2

Correct.  Possessing pot is against the law everywhere in the U.S.

In the states where the legislators made it legal, it just means the state can't prosecute it.  They never prosecuted it anyway, so those states legalizing it means virtually nothing. 

An important, but little known, fact that gets lost in the smoke... :D

And they could arrest the customers inside too?.

They can arrest anyone in possession if marijuana at any time if they want to. It's still against the law as far as the federal government is concerned. They usually only nail the retailers and the growers though

How is it criminal?.

So the legalized states are criminal. Ok.

I was speaking generally. The NFL originally banned it for the sole reason that it was criminal. Now back to the original question, how does weed enhance an athlete's performance? No where in the source that you cited to Dustin did it indicate that it would do so. So, again I ask the question, will you elaborate on how it enhances a football player's ability on the field?

How is it criminal?.

So the legalized states are criminal. Ok.

I was speaking generally. The NFL originally banned it for the sole reason that it was criminal. Now back to the original question, how does weed enhance an athlete's performance? No where in the source that you cited to Dustin did it indicate that it would do so. So, again I ask the question, will you elaborate on how it enhances a football player's ability on the field?

It clearly says it enhances physically and mentally in the link I sent.

It clearly says it enhances physically and mentally in the link I sent.

Shane that link was to pot propaganda.  It lacks credibility in my opinion.

Regardless of whether it enhances you physically or mentally..........this piece just is not objective 

Talk about not being able to get out of your own way. Sad situation for both he and Gordon.

http://kfor.com/2014/07/24/former-osu-star-justin-blackmon-arrested-for-marijuana-possession/

He's young and making poor choices but if he can manage to get out of his own way and accept that the NFL doesn't want him doing this........then maybe he can put this behind him.

If not then I guess that's his choice.

He shouldn't be smoking and driving anywhere in the country.  That's dangerous and stupid.

On a side note, I've been reading recently where they are starting to look at medical marijuana as a possible treatment for Alzheimers.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/medical-marijuana-cannabis-treatment-alzheimer-s-memory-524214

http://healthland.time.com/2012/10/29/how-cannabinoids-may-slow-brain-aging/

Wouldn't that be something?

For now though......no such treatment exists and marijuana doesn't 'enhance' your ability to drive a car.

Shane that link was to pot propaganda.  It lacks credibility in my opinion.

Regardless of whether it enhances you physically or mentally..........this piece just is not objective 

Nadine - Its quite interesting about the Federal law i got enlightened about. I never thought its criminal to use it as few states have legalized.

That changes everything.