Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cleveland Browns to unveil a spiffy new mascot...

Poster X

Posted · Hidden by Superman, July 14, 2014 - off topic
Hidden by Superman, July 14, 2014 - off topic

I could ask what makes that gay... but I'm not sure I want to hear your answer. I was wrong to call it a bulldog when it is indeed going to be a bullmastiff.

Homophobia runs rampant with NFL fans, as does misogyny as we know from past experiences. Not worth the answer.

Posted · Hidden by Superman, July 14, 2014 - user request
Hidden by Superman, July 14, 2014 - user request

A bull mastiff is NOT the dog I would've selected to be my team's mascot.

I believe a mastiff is in the top-5 of dogs that have killed or maimed people.   Putting them out on a field in front of 80,000 screaming fans is not a good idea IMO.

With all the possibilities out there,  I'm surprised this is the dog they picked.   If something ever goes wrong,  count me in the camp that will NOT be surprised....

That's a bit of an extreme reaction...The dog is there to be a mascot, not be an attack dog. The dog will probably be cheered, enjoyed and hopefully have fun interacting with the fans, not attacking them. Also, if you're going to say something like what I bolded, you might want to be sure that's a fact. 

Edited by Superman

Posted · Hidden by Superman, July 14, 2014 - user request
Hidden by Superman, July 14, 2014 - user request

That's a bit of an extreme reaction...The dog is there to be a mascot, not be an attack dog. The dog will probably be cheered, enjoyed and hopefully have fun interacting with the fans, not attacking them. Also, if you're going to say something like what I bolded, you might want to be sure that's a fact. 

Turns out, I'm wrong.   The bull mastiff is not among the dogs with the most attacks or killings of people.   My bad.

I wrote what I wrote because as a former news writer, I've written stories about bull mastiffs and what they've done to human beings when they attack.    I'll be diplomatic here and say it's not pretty.

The bull mastiff is one of the world's largest dogs.   And when it attacks it can do tremendous damage.

I'm not at all impressed that the dog is being used as a mascot and not an attack dog.    I've written enough stories in my lifetime about dogs that were the family pet and suddenly attacked and killed someone...  a family member, a neighbor or someone walking by and the families response was....  "we've never had any problem with our dog until today..."

There are a number of dogs that fit that category.

As a Community Moderator,  if you'd like to remove my posts, I'd have no problem with it.   My view will not be popular, and I won't mind avoiding the blow back.

I was thinking it would be a pot brownie the attack dog that's going to kill people probably ate it.

The dogs that kill the most people are pit bulls and rottweliers. As with most things the reason for this is people not the breed of dog.