Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Greg Manusky: Defense heading into the right direction (Article)

TKnight24

@KBowenColts: In Year 3 of the @Colts 3-4 D, coordinator Greg Manusky likes where his unit is heading into next week's minicamp

Here's the article: http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Greg-Manusky-Analyzes-His-Defense-Heading-Into-Minicamp-/2ea88ddd-8e01-4102-9c46-c466cebb4f9d

Now, I know someone's gonna come in here & say something like "Talk is cheap" or "The coach is always supposed to talk positive of the team"

But let's be logical here people, we've gotten better (on paper) on the defensive side of the ball.

Arthur Jones

D'Qwell Jackson

Those 2 themselves will provide impact. Then also the possible emergence of Josh McNary, Bjoern Werner, & Daniel Adongo. We've made strides to become a better unit on defense.

I'm looking forward to it all coming together this season

:colts:

I'm really tired of coach speak.  I'm glad they are will to talk but they really say nothing.

Any coach when asked about the unit or team:  "The guys have put a lot of hard work in this offseason and it shows.  Everything is progressing as planned, we are looking for improvement and we're happy with what we're seeing."

Any coach when asked about a specific player:  "We really like his skill set and feel he brings something to the team.  He's been studying his playbook and now it's just a matter of applying what he's learned when we put the pads on."

why do you keep calling him Munsky in thread titles? :P

Cause until he calls the right type of defense, he doesn't deserve the other "U"!!!!

Edit: But nah seriously my android phone always autocorrects it so I just don't even bother anymore

:lol:

We will see......... I agree looks better on appear as does our offense.

But for defense we need to stay healthy and our secondary will need to step up! Still very many questions with our defense and we will have to wait until week 1 to see if our problems have been fixed. I think Manusky is catching for his job.

I'm really tired of coach speak.  I'm glad they are will to talk but they really say nothing.

Any coach when asked about the unit or team:  "The guys have put a lot of hard work in this offseason and it shows.  Everything is progressing as planned, we are looking for improvement and we're happy with what we're seeing."

Any coach when asked about a specific player:  "We really like his skill set and feel he brings something to the team.  He's been studying his playbook and now it's just a matter of applying what he's learned when we put the pads on."

You mean like Pagano saying Richardson was a bowling ball of butcher knives or all that Werner talk around this time of last year ? Not that either player is a bust but ……

I think this is a make-or-break year for Manusky.  We have lots of talent pretty much everywhere except the secondary.  Combine that with the fact that the secondary is Pagano's specialty and we should have a really good defense.  The talent is there, so if he can get the defense to play well, he's earned his stay.  If not, I think it's time to find a new DC

nice read, im def looking forward to seeing the defense in action.

I am too. This is the third season with the 3-4 defense and everyone should be well used to the change of

defensive philosophy. There should be no hesitation on decision making during play and that should

speed up the D and make it more efficient this year. Looking for good things from the D this year.