Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

moncrief-some praise for our new wr

CR91

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moncrief, Nicks, Rogers, Hilton, Allen, Fleener... Look at all the young TE's and receivers we have. 

its sick...if we could replicate it somehow on D would be awesome. i know cap space limits it but i feel we lack some of those potential playmakers on D that we seem to have on O

I think its gonna come down to who the colts think other teams will most likely not take if their cut. I think its a safe bet whalen will not be taken from another team brazill on the other hand is fast and a playmaker which will  allow him to find plenty of suitors. whalen will be on call if theres an injury

I think its gonna come down to who the colts think other teams will most likely not take if their cut. I think its a safe bet whalen will not be taken from another team brazill on the other hand is fast and a playmaker which will  allow him to find plenty of suitors. whalen will be on call if theres an injury

^^This ... I think there's a good chance we can cut Whalen and he will clear waivers and we can pick him back up later in the season if needed ... I think Brazill will be claimed quickly off waivers if he is released.

You took that post out of context... read up on my previous posts to see what we were talking about.

I was responding to your question "What about when Wayne retires?" in response to my post saying with Wayne healthy we don't need Whalen on this year's roster.  Again, Whalen was an undrafted FA -- he is not going to be difficult to replace.  I think Rogers can become a very solid possession receiver and if he can't we can find another undrafted FA or sign a cheap veteran after this season if we don't keep Whalen around and if Reggie retires.

I really hope we can keep six guys. Heck we're even deeper than that if you throw in LENZ. We easily have the deepest receiving corp in the league. But i would like to package either whalen or brazill in a trade instead of an out right release.

Why not call the panthers and tell them to pick one of our receivers and make a fair offer?

If we could swing a draft pick for either whalen or brazill, then i'm all in. We're more than likely gonna keep 5 guys and one goes to the P.S.

i think Rogers and moncrief are the only two eligible for the ps. I don't see that happening