Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dont Draft *luck* We Got *painter*

Why do we need Luck if we got Painter.

Luck is good in all but we dont need to *waste* the number one draft pick to get him we need to trade that draft pick to get more picks this year and next year.

Painter is a great QB but who is going to look like a great QB if we have WR's dropping the ball and most of the time are RB's can bearly gain 1 yard and every time he drops back the pass rush is rite in his face with pressure every play and stooped penalties and your offense is never in rythem and your defense lets the other teams score on every drive.

All i am saying is if we fix most of those things with the draft and some great coaching we mite see painter look like a great QB

If Luck was in the same situation that Painter is in rite now Luck would look as bad as painter.

Can someone tell me why we need to waste the first pick on Luck .

Tom Brady is good because he has good players surrounding him, Painter looks horrible because he has a horrible crowd surrounding him..Yeah we have like 5 stand out players, but they arent even making plays this season. Mathis, Freeney, Bethea, Wayne, Clark.

I am agreeing with you, Its hard to complete passes when the receiver is dropping the balls...Its also hard to complete passes when we have been playing the same offensive plays every game...little bubble screens, or 5 yrd throws...we dont throw it deep and defenses are all standing within the first down line knowing we wont throw it further...not painters fault

So I say work on our Defense issues and forget getting luck

Im sorry to say but id rather not have the Colts go into years of rebuilding we get our future franchise QB now then we go from there, Manning will never be the same after 3 nerve surgerys and being so old

And finding a player of Lucks caliber is rare and id rather not be searching for years to find a decent quarterback, the Manning era is closing and time for Luck

Im sorry to say but id rather not have the Colts go into years of rebuilding we get our future franchise QB now then we go from there, Manning will never be the same after 3 nerve surgerys and being so old

And finding a player of Lucks caliber is rare and id rather not be searching for years to find a decent quarterback, the Manning era is closing and time for Luck

Wrong and wrong.

Luck is good in all but we dont need to *waste* the number one draft pick to get him we need to trade that draft pick to get more picks this year and next year.

Painter is a great QB but who is going to look like a great QB if we have WR's dropping the ball and most of the time are RB's can bearly gain 1 yard and every time he drops back the pass rush is rite in his face with pressure every play and stooped penalties and your offense is never in rythem and your defense lets the other teams score on every drive.

All i am saying is if we fix most of those things with the draft and some great coaching we mite see painter look like a great QB

If Luck was in the same situation that Painter is in rite now Luck would look as bad as painter.

Please tell me that you are being sarcastic. I actually laughed when I read "Painter is a great QB." Painter is decent at best. Manning is a great quarterback and when you compare the two, it's obvious that there's no comparison.

We don't have to take Luck, but we definitely do have to think about finding another quarterback as a successor to Manning.

Wrong and wrong.

Its ok some people just cant let go that manning isnt goin to play forever, just cause luck cant get us instant gradification doesnt mean its a bad pick, and i dont know did you see the game today Painter was horrible and has been horrible

Well it's not like he's throwing awesome balls to his receivers either. You can't say its all their fault because it isn't. And as much as we all hate to admit Peyton isn't going to be here forever and we need somebody who can keep the franchise alive and I think Andrew Luck can do that. Who knows he may be like Aaron Rodgers who sits behind a veteran QB for a while and comes out and shines.

Its ok some people just cant let go that manning isnt goin to play forever, just cause luck cant get us instant gradification doesnt mean its a bad pick, and i dont know did you see the game today Painter was horrible and has been horrible

Your still wrong with your earlier 2 points and I don't feel like arguing on this forum anymore. I've said the same thing like 50 times...

Best post of the year award! Some people just live in the past, and you my friend have a perceptive vision beyond all these posters with no realistic idea of the future.

good lord,I almost had an out of body experience reading that.please check yourself into the local mental health facility now .

Best post of the year award! Some people just live in the past, and you my friend have a perceptive vision beyond all these posters with no realistic idea of the future.

de nial is a river in Egypt that is overcrowded by Indianapolis Colt's fans that cannot move on from the fact Peyton is near the end.

de nial is a river in Egypt that is overcrowded by Indianapolis Colt's fans that cannot move on from the fact Peyton is near the end.

I'm pretty sure that it is spelled the "Nile" and "de" is not a word in the English language. And what are Indianapolis colts fans doing all the way over there in Egypt?

I CAN understand what the original poster is saying. lets look at building a great defense and have a decent group of wr's and rb's does for a team. look at the 2000 ravens, the pats dynasty, the 2002 bucs. the 2000's steelers. yeah tom brady is considered great but if you really look at his superbowl years he was average at best till they got him randy moss to throw too but moss makes average qb's into studs look at what moss did with culpepper lol. but the past decade there are more ok qb's winning a superbowl then there are elite qb's that is why i think with the right coaching painter could be a decent qb.

I CAN understand what the original poster is saying. lets look at building a great defense and have a decent group of wr's and rb's does for a team. look at the 2000 ravens, the pats dynasty, the 2002 bucs. the 2000's steelers. yeah tom brady is considered great but if you really look at his superbowl years he was average at best till they got him randy moss to throw too but moss makes average qb's into studs look at what moss did with culpepper lol. but the past decade there are more ok qb's winning a superbowl then there are elite qb's that is why i think with the right coaching painter could be a decent qb.

If I had the power I'd ban you for life for speaking such blasphemy.... Not only will Painter not be our franchise QB he won't play in the league next year or any other year unless someone is desperate for a 3rd string QB.