Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Johnny Football and Trent Richardson - Forever linked

BpG

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually Marcus Smith would be the one associated with Richardson. I think Manziel will be the guy to finally get Cleveland to the playoffs eventually. Smith is obviously going to have a big impact on his team as well, so the comparisons are going to be wild the next few years.

never heard that about a browns qb before..... ever... like not every two years

Manziel I think is a bust. He's playing in a tough defensive division with Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Cincy, and he's playing on a sloppy field which doesn't work to his strengths. Sure he'll sell tickets, but will never be a pro bowler.

T Rich still has a shot at being the next Marshawn Lynch. Just have to get better interior OL.

you didn't watch either of them play i take it. Manziel doesn't have a.big arm at all

It's not about having a big arm, it's about how you use it. Johnny can make all the throws and he can definitely get it 60 yards down the field. He also has that Romo/Favre maneuverability thing going on to find the open guy, something Couch and Quinn could never do in a lifetime.

you didn't watch either of them play i take it. Manziel doesn't have a.big arm at all

You are either the worst elevator of talent I have ever witnessed or you're just consistently trying to be a contrarian. 

Manziel I think is a bust. He's playing in a tough defensive division with Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Cincy, and he's playing on a sloppy field which doesn't work to his strengths. Sure he'll sell tickets, but will never be a pro bowler.

T Rich still has a shot at being the next Marshawn Lynch. Just have to get better interior OL.

Richardson is the next Marshawn Lynch and Manziel is a bust because of sloppy fields.

Just lol, anyone else in the world who isn't a Colts fan disagrees. 

It's not about having a big arm, it's about how you use it. Johnny can make all the throws and he can definitely get it 60 yards down the field. He also has that Romo/Favre maneuverability thing going on to find the open guy, something Couch and Quinn could never do in a lifetime.

I never mentioned mobility did i? I said they throw the ball better. He has a weak arm. Have you ever been to Cleveland in November December or January? A weak arm wont cut it in pittsburgh or baltomore either

You are either the worst elevator of talent I have ever witnessed or you're just consistently trying to be a contrarian. 

Richardson is the next Marshawn Lynch and Manziel is a bust because of sloppy fields.

Just lol, anyone else in the world who isn't a Colts fan disagrees. 

you think anyone that disagrees with you is wrong

Manziel is already making money for the Browns: 1000 new season tickets were bought by new members and renewals once he was drafted.

Read this:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000348584/article/johnny-football-moves-the-needle-for-browns-nfl

This is Tebow mania all over again, except this QB can play better than Tebow.

They showed a fact that QBs 6'2" or taller had more passes batted down than those shorter in the NFL last year. Plus, Manziel's hands are bigger than that of Kaepernick or Luck and are as big as Cam Newton and Russell Wilson. Those big hands will come in handy while gripping the ball outdoors, IMO. I always felt Manziel had to go to an outdoors team not because it will benefit him specifically but it will hinder the pass rushers' speed to get after him in sloppy conditions, IMO.

I empathize with Browns fans, and if this gives them a slim ray of hope to get to the playoffs, let it be so. Derek Anderson, the journeyman gave them that last hope in 2007 but Dungy rested our starters and the Titans got in over the Browns, so this franchise needs SOME hope.

No, i actually watched then all play many times. Clearly you didn't if you think manziel has a better arm than quinn or couch

I like Johnny. He's cocky...has an edge to him. It's something for you guys. He'll make things interesting and fresh! WHO KNOWS...MAYBE HE CAN PULL IT OFF.

He is the biggest boom/bust guy. Could be really good, could fade away. The Browns have to at least try.

No, i actually watched then all play many times. Clearly you didn't if you think manziel has a better arm than quinn or couch

Yep, because it's all about arm strength. You know since Weeden played so well and noddle arm Brian Hoyer was so bad.

lol @ you

I never mentioned mobility did i? I said they throw the ball better. He has a weak arm. Have you ever been to Cleveland in November December or January? A weak arm wont cut it in pittsburgh or baltomore either

Neither did I. Extending the play doesn't necessarily mean having to run. Did you see his pro day?

Manziel is already making money for the Browns: 1000 new season tickets were bought by new members and renewals once he was drafted.

Read this:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000348584/article/johnny-football-moves-the-needle-for-browns-nfl

They showed a fact that QBs 6'2" or taller had more passes batted down than those shorter in the NFL last year. Plus, Manziel's hands are bigger than that of Kaepernick or Luck and are as big as Cam Newton and Russell Wilson. Those big hands will come in handy while gripping the ball outdoors, IMO. I always felt Manziel had to go to an outdoors team not because it will benefit him specifically but it will hinder the pass rushers' speed to get after him in sloppy conditions, IMO.

I empathize with Browns fans, and if this gives them a slim ray of hope to get to the playoffs, let it be so. Derek Anderson, the journeyman gave them that last hope in 2007 but Dungy rested our starters and the Titans got in over the Browns, so this franchise needs SOME hope.

Luck's hands > Manziel's hands. And yes, I feel stupid for knowing this.

Yep, because it's all about arm strength. You know since Weeden played so well and noddle arm Brian Hoyer was so bad.

lol @ you

Like the difference between Peyton Manning and Jeff George. If arm strength was everything, Jamarcus Russell would still be sleeping at team meetings and collecting paychecks. :)

The fact you think hoyer has a noodle arm is embarrassing considering he is a brown. Far from a noodle arm. smh clowns fans

Sipe and Kosar did alright

Like the difference between Peyton Manning and Jeff George. If arm strength was everything, Jamarcus Russell would still be sleeping at team meetings and collecting paychecks. :)

Agreed, Ryan Leaf had a bigger arm than Manning, how'd that turn out? 

Seriously, if he really watched the games he would realize among the QB's in this draft, the only true leader was Manziel. He has plenty of arm stretgth, every scouting report I read, every game I watched all told me the same thing, but yeah, he's right and everyone else in the free world is wrong. 

Read this:

Misleading stat. 80% of Qbs in the NFL are taller than 6'2". Of course they had more batted passes.