Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thoughts on Ahmad Dixon (S, Baylor)?

Lacks discipline on cut back lanes, Inconsistent tackler(though when he isn't foot diving he does tackle well and bring a solid yet not bone jarring hit), Overpursuits on ball carriers and doesn't have the great speed or change of direction ability to catch up when beat, also takes bad angles at times. Needs to gain strength to more consistently shed blocks. Inconsistent hands for the int. More of box safety and do to poor recovery speed and tight hips is better as a backup then a starter.

Dont want him.....We need a Jimmie Ward/Kenny Ladler/Dion Bailey type Safety. Safeties that can play a Joker role, Jack of all trades type. Thats not Dixon in my opinion and from reading scouting reports and watching 8 different tapes

I don't think Dixon has run yet.  Didn't run the 40 at the combine, but his short shuttle was lackluster.  I thought he was supposed to be one of those downhill, in-the-box guys who's a hitter.  I think he get a lot of personal fouls...

I don't think Dixon has run yet.  Didn't run the 40 at the combine, but his short shuttle was lackluster.  I thought he was supposed to be one of those downhill, in-the-box guys who's a hitter.  I think he get a lot of personal fouls...

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/ahmad-dixon?id=2543696

4.64 40...Not the end of the world but if he misses a tackle or makes a mistake in coverage he dont have the speed to consistently catch up. Dont want him, Overrated, Also not very good hands