Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

For the Manning/Brady Rival Fans... A little different spin

Gramz

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand how this is even a "rivalry" anymore.

That last Manning vs Brady game was pathetic.

It's two QB's in the twilight of their careers, whom neither have won a Super Bowl since Dubya was president.

We need a new QB rivalry instead of a rehash of this again.

It's two QB's in the twilight of their careers, whom neither have won a Super Bowl since Dubya was president.

Feel free to NOT comment then.   

Yeah, The Young guys will at some supplant the HOFers. But your boy will always be in the Manning/Brady shadow

Yeah, The Young guys will at some supplant the HOFers. But your boy will always be in the Manning/Brady shadow

If the media wanted Brees to be the it boy or the next big QB rivalry to be Rodgers/Brees etc. (who have both won rings since Brady/Manning last have) they could make it happen.....it's not tough to brain wash people.

If the media wanted Brees to be the it boy or the next big QB rivalry to be Rodgers/Brees etc. (who have both won rings since Brady/Manning last have) they could make it happen.....it's not tough to brain wash people.

Brees has Sean Payton to thank for his success. I think that was extremely evident last season.

Brees has Sean Payton to thank for his success. I think that was extremely evident last season.

I don't know the numbers at the top of my head since I do not look at stats very often, but the year Payton was out didn't Brees still have a decent enough season but their defense was one of the worst we had ever possibly have seen? We pump out the defensive excuse all the time here.......it has been evident with the Saints too at times.

And no I don't want this to be some Brees back and forth argument thread either.......

My point was yes the media could make a new player rivalry happen....the NFL could. It is sometimes tough though. But, this is the same league who turned RGIII and Tim Tebow into big super stars and what have they really done in the NFL? Exactly......

For the record, my point was:

Peyton and Tom don't seem to share the Rilvary and/or hate some of the fans do.

The only reason for posting the article,   which was evidentally LOST of some   :dunno:   :facepalm:

Of course they don't. It's their job and it's a game for them that they get paid to play. The fans are the ones who get more hardcore into it and the hype machine fuels it up every year. It's a great thing for the NFL.

How depressing is it for you Brees will always be in their shadow? And will retire no more than a year or two after them. He won't even get a year of lime light. By that time the young guys will take over. Brees is just the ugly duckling.

Is there a rule that when Bogie makes a comment about Manning or Brady there must be comments about Brees that follow? He isn't even a hardcore Brees fanboy lol....

It's like when a Texans fan says something and someone replies to him, "You're team only won 2 games last year....".

*shrugs*

Is there a rule that when Bogie makes a comment about Manning or Brady there must be comments about Brees that follow? He isn't even a hardcore Brees fanboy lol....

Yes, it's right there next to the one that states you must always come to his defense.. ;)

Yes, it is a nice article 

Fans should not get too caught up into the hate at times. Rivalries fuel fans at times and without them though people can get bored......

I think people sometimes wish we had a new legit rival in the AFC. It may take time if it happens again.

Fans should not get too caught up into the hate at times. Rivalries fuel fans at times and without them though people can get bored......

I think people sometimes wish we had a new legit rival in the AFC. It may take time if it happens again.

It WILL happen again.....  but like it or not,  as long as Peyton and Tom are still playing,  and still playing Well... that rivalry will still be there between fans,  and it IS good for the NFL.   IMO.

What? Brady and Manning are still playing at an elite level so the rivalry is still as good as it ever was. Perhaps you missed the game in NE that went into O.T.? And just because the AFCCG was dominated by the Broncos much the way the Pats dominated the Broncos last year in Foxboro, is not indicative of the QBs play but more of their teams. No other QB rivalry in the history of the game has played as much as Manning/Brady and they will play for the 16th time next season and maybe another post-season game as well. Every game they play has meaning because it has generally determined who gets home field in the playoffs or has decide who goes to the Super Bowl. What else can you ask for?

I get wanting to see new players emerge and I think Wilson/Kaep is going to be a good one given they are in the same division, but hard not to continue to appreciate Brady/Manning. I don't think the game will ever see a better rivalry between two class acts.

I'm a huge Manning fan, and I like Andrew Brandt as well, but this story seems weird to me. How come Manning didn't just tell Condon to counter to the Broncos at $18m/year, and let that be that? That he would ask for less, get mad when offered more, then accept the offer, seems strange. My sniffer doesn't like this one...

I'm a huge Manning fan, and I like Andrew Brandt as well, but this story seems weird to me. How come Manning didn't just tell Condon to counter to the Broncos at $18m/year, and let that be that? That he would ask for less, get mad when offered more, then accept the offer, seems strange. My sniffer doesn't like this one...

I agree. Those quotes don't sound anything like Manning and I highly doubt he would go into a negotiation with any player's salary in mind. In fact, if I remember correctly when Brady signed his big deal with NE a few years ago to pay him the18 mil a year, didn't Manning ask Irsay for $25? I remember Irsay saying at the time that he couldn't pay Manning that amount and field a competitive team. Manning has never left a penny on the table.

haha  did you read the article...??  Wives can be very persuasive,   just ask my husband  ;)   he'll confirm.

I agree. Those quotes don't sound anything like Manning and I highly doubt he would go into a negotiation with any player's salary in mind. In fact, if I remember correctly when Brady signed his big deal with NE a few years ago to pay him the18 mil a year, didn't Manning ask Irsay for $25? I remember Irsay saying at the time that he couldn't pay Manning that amount and field a competitive team. Manning has never left a penny on the table.

you're not remembering correctly

haha  did you read the article...??  Wives can be very persuasive,   just ask my husband   ;)   he'll confirm.

I'm married, I know. But it just seems like a non-issue. Rather than get mad at his agent for doing his job, he could say "call them back and tell them we'll take $18m/year." 

Edit: Especially considering the non-guaranteed structure of the contract, whether it's $18m/year or $19.4m/year doesn't seem like it would be that important to either Manning or the Broncos. JMO

Manning never asked for $25m/year. Irsay was posturing. When the deal finally got done, Manning actually took a smaller deal than what anyone was expecting him to get, averaging $18m/year, which is what Brady was making.

Makes me wonder if Brandt is combining two stories in his mind.

I'm married, I know. But it just seems like a non-issue. Rather than get mad at his agent for doing his job, he could say "call them back and tell them we'll take $18m/year." 

True.  Maybe the Agent or Writer was being over-dramatic  :drama:   for cause and effect  :dunno:

Show me where he didn't. Are you saying Irsay was lying?

Sorry, but if you're claiming Manning asked for $25m/year, you're going to have to source your claim. Can't turn around and ask someone to prove that your claim didn't actually happen. It doesn't work that way...

Manning never asked for $25m/year. Irsay was posturing. When the deal finally got done, Manning actually took a smaller deal than what anyone was expecting him to get, averaging $18m/year, which is what Brady was making.

Makes me wonder if Brandt is combining two stories in his mind.

Maybe Irsay was, maybe he wasn't but he felt pressure to make Manning the highest paid player after Brady signed his big deal which does not jive at all with this story. The idea that Manning would go into a contract discussion and say don't pay me more than Brady and then accept a deal that is more because of his wife and agent makes no sense.

Sorry, but if you're claiming Manning asked for $25m/year, you're going to have to source your claim. Can't turn around and ask someone to prove that your claim didn't actually happen. It doesn't work that way...

The source is the Colts owner. If you don't believe him or think he was posturing then that is your belief but Irsay put that number out there.

Maybe Irsay was, maybe he wasn't but he felt pressure to make Manning the highest paid player after Brady signed his big deal which does not jive at all with this story. The idea that Manning would go into a contract discussion and say don't pay me more than Brady and then accept a deal that is more because of his wife and agent makes no sense.

So you don't have a source that has Manning asking for 25 million?

"He is going to be the highest-paid player, he is going to make more than Brady. But under this system you cannot pay a player $25 million. It's just not going to work, you're not going to be able to compete."

Are you having a hard time understanding that Manning never asked for that amount?