Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I apologize if I missed the jersey discussion but my opinion is short and sweet.

If M Harrison would have went into HOF on his 1st ballot, retire the number and it would be done. But to solve any future debates, its simple, only reserve the number of 1st ballot HOF's.

M Harrison represents a era in Colts history no one can take from me, unfortunately, not everyone is from the same era and who am  to say my era is more important than my son's for example. Let H Nicks do what he feels is right for his time wearing The Shoe.

Besides, the number on his back is not the numbers I'm the most concerned about. 

Marvin has a dark cloud over him with all the shooting stuff, it may keep him out of the Hall of Fame and keep Irsay from retiring the number.

He has been out of football for awhile and Irsay has made no moves to retire it or even mentioned it. Only time I heard him say anything about a number was when he said he didnt think anyone would ever wear 18 again when Peyton had his being released press conference with him.

Mackay let a rookie wear his 88 in Harrison, Collie could have wore it so I don't see a problem in wearing it, or a any number.

Not sure why people see it as a bad thing wearing someone's number.

I liken it to football (soccer) where it's an honour to wear someone's number, like Beckham wore 23 at Madrid because of Michael Jordan wearing it at Chicago or Thierry Henry wearing 14 because of Cryuff etc.

Marvin has a dark cloud over him with all the shooting stuff, it may keep him out of the Hall of Fame and keep Irsay from retiring the number.

He has been out of football for awhile and Irsay has made no moves to retire it or even mentioned it. Only time I heard him say anything about a number was when he said he didnt think anyone would ever wear 18 again when Peyton had his being released press conference with him.

I don't think Marvin will be kept out of the HOF.. he was never even charged. There were just a lot of people that needed to go in before him, otherwise they will not make it in.

I dont know how Marvin wasnt charged. Guy is shot with a unique gun, Marvin says the gun is at home, gun is actually in a bucket at the car wash. Guy gets shot again and before he dies says Marvin did it.Its crazy.

I loved Marvin as a Colt, but man, I know guys in prison convicted on weaker evidence. Seems like Hernandez has weaker evidence against him,