Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Julius Peppers

oldunclemark

Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't end up in New England.

It would depend on the price tag...  I would not be too excited about shelling out huge money on a 34 year old defensive end.  You pay them for what they'll do for you going forward, not for what they've done in the past.  I wanted Peppers so badly back when he was a FA, but that was when he was still in his prime.

Id love to bring him in at 3-4 mill a year on a 1-2 year deal, but I have a feeling hes going to cost a lot more than that.  We'll see how the Pats cap situation pans out after they extend Devin McCourty, hopefully restructure Wilfork and sign a DT, CB and/or WR.  

Jared Allen or Peppers would be an excellent 1 year rental though for a contender.  If the money was right and it didnt affect them extending McCourty and hopefully signing Edelman back, id be on board.  They still need a veteran CB though and probably another veteran WR.  Its also time to start thinking about Logan Mankins future replacement at LG, because hes getting up their in age and his contract is one of the highest in the league at that position. Im guessing they'll address that in the draft though, not FA.  You sign Free Agents to come in and make an immediate impact at an area of need.