Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Not to get everyone's hopes up..... Jairus Byrd

I'm not saying it's the best decision to sign either guy but i would rather have Decker at 8 mil a year instead of paying Byrd 10 mil a year. Decker would be a perfect fit in the offense, he's a great route runner and has size, also gets in the endzone a lot. Byrd would be great but he's already had foot injuries and held out because of his contract situation.

That would tick me off more then getting no one why waste our money on Decker

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I understand it, the Browns will not be able to FT Ward now that they have put the transitional tag on Mack. It should be interesting to see what happens with Byrd and Ward. Others have mentioned that Byrd could head to the Browns and play under his former coach, I've also seen this mentioned by some pundits. It would be nice to see the Colts sign one of these two, we can hope right?

I'm not saying it's the best decision to sign either guy but i would rather have Decker at 8 mil a year instead of paying Byrd 10 mil a year. Decker would be a perfect fit in the offense, he's a great route runner and has size, also gets in the endzone a lot. Byrd would be great but he's already had foot injuries and held out because of his contract situation.

I would much rather have Byrd then decker that's for sure

As I understand it, the Browns will not be able to FT Ward now that they have put the transitional tag on Mack. It should be interesting to see what happens with Byrd and Ward. Others have mentioned that Byrd could head to the Browns and play under his former coach, I've also seen this mentioned by some pundits. It would be nice to see the Colts sign one of these two, we can hope right?

It's also possible that the Browns re-sign Ward, AND sign Byrd. Ward is a SS while Byrd is a FS, and they were college teammates.

A lot of money to spend on one unit, but the Browns have the cap room.

With Mack getting tagged for 10 mill a year Byrd turning down highest paid safety contract Grimes getting 8 mill a year! I would at this point resign Bethea to a 3/4 mill a year for 2 more years. Let Vontae walk if he wants more then 10 plus. Sign shields to same contarct deal as grimes. Sign saffold and the saints center. Draft ILB with our second pick

Colts please sign Byrd and let Vontae walk. Colts lacked safeties with abilities to help in pass coverage all last season. That is where the Brydman makes his living(helping the corners). For goodness sake fix the dang OL. If Luck goes out Colts are done anyways...