Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

There's Nothing Wrong With Our Receivers

oldunclemark

The only highlight from week eight is that all our 4 main receivers caught at least 5 balls..

...when Curtis P got the ball there..they made the catches...

I wish we'd throw to the running backs but Curtis is somewhat sinkle-minded

...what today showed me is that...when Manning returns..our 30 ppg offense will, too..

Wayne looked a bit slow not being able to generate much separation, IMO. Definitely not worth elite WR money. Yes, a hard decision it would be but his next contract has to be heavily incentive based.

I would not offer Reggie a dime of guaranteed money over two years.

Honestly I think a lot of it is on the play calling. It took 7 drives to run a pass play other than the bubble screen? Ok I know that might be exaggerating a bit but seriously, not by much. Granted it's more of a risk to run plays with longer routes, but keep an extra back or TE in to help block and run 3 WRs out on routes. If they run their routes properly then they can still get open enough to make a catch.

I'm not completely withholding blame from Painter and the WRs but the play calling was questionable at best for a good portion of the game.

Honestly I think a lot of it is on the play calling. It took 7 drives to run a pass play other than the bubble screen? Ok I know that might be exaggerating a bit but seriously, not by much. Granted it's more of a risk to run plays with longer routes, but keep an extra back or TE in to help block and run 3 WRs out on routes. If they run their routes properly then they can still get open enough to make a catch.

I'm not completely withholding blame from Painter and the WRs but the play calling was questionable at best for a good portion of the game.

I ended up not being to catch the whole game, but i was under the impression that the deep play was missing due to the makeshift O line. Linkenbach starting at LT??? Oy....

None of our receivers are all that really. Peyton makes them all look better than they actually are. This season has convinced me of that.

I kind of agree with that ColtsMan..actually

But if Manning comes back....he'll do what he's done...

I dont CARE how good our receivers really are if they're catching 100 balls from Peyton Manning

Reggie's going to retire when Peyton does...

Why are you guys worrying about what they should offer Reggie. Get over it, Reggie is in control of his own destiny. If he does not get what he wants, don't worry he will not be here next year. You can believe me when I say, "not to worry about what is offered to him. The Colts have lots of problems, and the Wide Receiver position is not one of the major ones. Not to worrying about Reggie's Contract, if he does not what he wants, he will be gone. ALL YOUR PROBLEMS WILL BE SOLVED.

Painter threw 23 incompletions, now how many of those incompletions had to do with no separation? You can not blame the Wideouts for everything.

Wayne looked a bit slow not being able to generate much separation, IMO. Definitely not worth elite WR money. Yes, a hard decision it would be but his next contract has to be heavily incentive based.

I agree with this, wayne is not acting like a leader... you could see the way he ran his routes in the saints game they were horrible it was like he didnt care how he came off the ball.

receivers arent catching balls so yea id say something is wrong with them... worst case of drop balls ive ever seen in a long time from the colts.

I kind of agree with that ColtsMan..actually

But if Manning comes back....he'll do what he's done...

I dont CARE how good our receivers really are if they're catching 100 balls from Peyton Manning

Reggie's going to retire when Peyton does...

reggie wayne was never a speed receiver and its obvious he's not getting faster... the colts receivers were blanketed the whole game... that is probably due to the simple routes they ran but for a while they have been non existent in getting open.