Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Darren Sharper (former Saints DB and NFLN analyst) arrested on suspicion of rape.

Dustin

Google Brian Banks. It happens all the time. The unfortunate thing about it, besides the obvious, many women who have actually been assaulted arent always taken seriously because of cases like the Banks case.

I know the Brian Banks story.....

There was more than just the woman's word.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually, not really. No DNA, no bruising or injuries, no previous history of violent behavior

I'm checking this now.....

Interesting case....   I'm looking at a variety of stories now to see if I can't piece something together....

I'll check back in later......      Not trying to dodge this....   it may take a bit....

I obviously don't want to derail this thread into oblivion. But there are a lot of old laws that stack the box a little unfairly towards men in these instances.

For example, a man, in the eyes of the law, cannot be raped.

Also, no matter your familiarity with a woman, if she is intoxicated and you have sex, it's rape, in the eyes of the law.

That's not to say all men are victims however.

Thanks....

Appreciate this....   very disturbing....

I'm waiting to hear from a friend of mine....  he's a now retired prosecutor from San Jose, Ca.   A very big city in the Bay Area.

I've already reached out to him, and now I'm going to forward this link to him....

Thanks again for sharing this.....

Thanks....

Appreciate this.... very disturbing....

I'm waiting to hear from a friend of mine.... he's a now retired prosecutor from San Jose, Ca. A very big city in the Bay Area.

I've already reached out to him, and now I'm going to forward this link to him....

Thanks again for sharing this.....

This kind of thing happens way more than most think. And like i said, it makes it hard for women who are actual victims.

They couldn't have arrested him unless there was at least a little bit of evidence. Not saying he did it and not saying he didn't, but officers don't arrest people without cause.

That's a little naïve. People are always getting arrested today just from the word of one person. The Patriot Act makes it ok. Remember its guilty until proven innocent these days.

With allegedly 3 assault charges against him already. Seems an easy decision for the police to arrest him on the word of one person.

That's a little naïve. People are always getting arrested today just from the word of one person. The Patriot Act makes it ok. Remember its guilty until proven innocent these days.

With allegedly 3 assault charges against him already. Seems an easy decision for the police to arrest him on the word of one person.

A guy who is being accused of doing something he already has two charges of doing before clearly isn't going to have the leeway of a regular citizen lol. I'm no cop fan but two and two makes four. It's that easy sometimes.

This kind of thing happens way more than most think. And like i said, it makes it hard for women who are actual victims.

Hey....

Didn't want you to think I've disappeared or had forgotten about our conversation...

I'm communicating with my friend the retired prosecutor about this....   the back and forth talk has taken longer than expected... sorry it's taken so long....

I'll try to respond as soon as I can....

Thanks....

Hey....

Didn't want you to think I've disappeared or had forgotten about our conversation...

I'm communicating with my friend the retired prosecutor about this.... the back and forth talk has taken longer than expected... sorry it's taken so long....

I'll try to respond as soon as I can....

Thanks....

I'm not sure what your expecting to hear. People go to jail everyday on the word of others.

A guy who is being accused of doing something he already has two charges of doing before clearly isn't going to have the leeway of a regular citizen lol. I'm no cop fan but two and two makes four. It's that easy sometimes.

I agree! He doesn't deserve any leeway at all. He should get punished if proven to be guilty. I just replied on your comment that they couldn't have arrested him without a little bit of evidence. The fact is these days they will arrest you on any ones word and let the judge sort it out. No matter who you are.

Hard to make out much since there's not a lot of details, but I hope justice is done here.

i would hate to be a victim of such a crime and have some of the posters here sitting on a jury in the trial against my attacker. Little is known to the public regarding the particulars of this case. It might be a good idea to weigh the evidence once revealed and then comment. I feel bad for women who read this thread.

Yeah. It's certainly been a depressing read, a little scary but not surprising. Most people are pretty ignorant about how difficult it is to get a rape conviction. The problem isn't false reports, it's getting victims to step forward to report in the first place. 

There is no defending to the men who commit these. They absolutely deserve the punishment.

Having said that, in today's world some of the laws are setup for exploitation and it varies a lot based on the geography you are in.

Everything has a cause and affect. Both genders play equal part in most of the scenarios. Wish laws are not biased based on genders for human rights.

Both genders play equal parts? Not sure you actually believe that. If there is something evil going on in the world there is a 99% chance it's being done a man/men.

There are 3 different cases going on against Sharper.  I'm not saying they are all gold diggers, but it doesn't exactly look good for Sharper either.  To me, either Sharper is guilty as accused or 3 women knew of his celebrity status and decided to cash in.  But the bottom line is, you shouldn't be going home with men you don't know.  Not saying the onus is on women to not get raped, that's absurd.  But they could make sure that they are not in a condition and place where it is more likely to occur.

There are 3 different cases going on against Sharper.  I'm not saying they are all gold diggers, but it doesn't exactly look good for Sharper either.  To me, either Sharper is guilty as accused or 3 women knew of his celebrity status and decided to cash in.  But the bottom line is, you shouldn't be going home with men you don't know.  Not saying the onus is on women to not get raped, that's absurd.  But they could make sure that they are not in a condition and place where it is more likely to occur.

Who said they went home with him? Big Ben raped a woman in a bar after his body guard thugs barred the door preventing her from getting out of the back room.

Who said they went home with him? Big Ben raped a woman in a bar after his body guard thugs barred the door preventing her from getting out of the back room.

The accuser said she went home with him.  The other two, they haven't released any details because it's still under investigation.  http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10344383/police-detail-rape-allegation-sharper

The accuser said she went home with him.  The other two, they haven't released any details because it's still under investigation.  http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10344383/police-detail-rape-allegation-sharper

Ah, gotcha. Guess it is best to wait for the details but still going home with him should not discount the possibility that he still took advantage of her.

I thought you didn't know the details? You really do need to read them before this gets worse.

Its not gonna get worse. See this is how it works. The DA determines whether or not there is enough evidence to file charges. If there is they do. His lawers would have no effect on the DA filing charges. Had it went to trial, then they would have had an impact I'm sure.

Ah, gotcha. Guess it is best to wait for the details but still going home with him should not discount the possibility that he still took advantage of her.

Of course not.  By going home with him, I'm not saying that she should have foreseen it happening and certainly not that she deserved it.  But someone who gets smashed and makes the decision to go home with someone they don't know is in a situation where they may more likely be raped than someone who doesn't get as trashed and doesn't go home with anybody.  I mean, for more reasons than just rape, its' just not a great idea to go to someone's house and sleep with someone you don't really know. 

Its not gonna get worse. See this is how it works. The DA determines whether or not there is enough evidence to file charges. If there is they do. His lawers would have no effect on the DA filing charges. Had it went to trial, then they would have had an impact I'm sure.

Except the DA did not drop the chargers in this case, the victim did which would indicate that Ben and his legal team paid her off.