Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Werner "Needs To Get Stronger" - Ryan Grigson

Dark Superman

Werner does need to get stronger but he needs to stay around the same weight, 260 - 263 lbs would be fine. If you looked at Kerrigan who was about the same size as Werner as a rookie until now , you can tell he's been in the weight room. That's how Werner should be and once he gets stronger he'll be the player that Pagano and Grigson envisioned him to be.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not everyone is Mathis.

My point is we already had the starters in place, why reach when it wasnt life or death.

I hope the guy eventually becomes a star, but if he doesnt then what does that say about Grigson ?

I'm all for finding hidden gems in the draft, but doing so in the early rounds can hurt a team if it doesnt work out.

I don't see any signs it's not working out, he's seemed to have an ok rookie season. Even if Grigs did draft a prototypical 3-4 pass rusher I'm confident he would have things to work on. Can we even be sure Grigs wanted a prototypical 3-4 OLB in this hybrid defense since he already picked 1 up in FA(Walden)? Maybe Grigs wanted a guy he knew could play 4-3 DE? It's hard to say.

I don't see any signs it's not working out, he's seemed to have an ok rookie season. Even if Grigs did draft a prototypical 3-4 pass rusher I'm confident he would have things to work on. Can we even be sure Grigs wanted a prototypical 3-4 OLB in this hybrid defense since he already picked 1 up in FA(Walden)? Maybe Grigs wanted a guy he knew could play 4-3 DE? It's hard to say.

Oh I want it to work out. I just feel it was a reach for a 1st round choice considering the position change and all. I hope Werener develops into a beast.

Not everyone is Mathis.

My point is we already had the starters in place, why reach when it wasnt life or death.

I hope the guy eventually becomes a star, but if he doesnt then what does that say about Grigson ?

I'm all for finding hidden gems in the draft, but doing so in the early rounds can hurt a team if it doesnt work out.

Unless you are a SBteam and stacked, your 1st rounder needs to step in and compete for Pro-bowl status.  To not even solidify a starting job for next seasons training camp is atrocious...

I admit Werner looked better near the season finish, but didn't show flashes of being potential pro-bowl talent  in the future.  Hoping this project will pan out, but I'm not in favor of projects with 1st round picks.  Projects in later rounds, sure.  I always hope a 1st round pick easily makes his way into the starting lineup, competes well even as he learns the 'ropes' that will allow even greater production

Unless you are a SBteam and stacked, your 1st rounder needs to step in and compete for Pro-bowl status. To not even solidify a starting job for next seasons training camp is atrocious...

Not sure I really agree with that. It would be nice for that to happen, but I don't think the Colts were looking for Werner to be some phenomenal player from the get go. With Mathis and Walden, and Werner learning a completely new role, they are wanting to make sure he gets developed thoroughly so that when it is his time to be "the man" he will be ready. NONE of the pass rushers from last year, that came out, really stood out, that I can think of. He'll be fine.