Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colt Injury Updates

Bluefire4

Colts TE Dwayne Allen said his hip surgery ended up being more invasive than originally thought.

Allen was originally slapped with a 3-4 month timetable following his early-October procedure, but he said he's now looking at six months of rehab. He's hoping to get cleared in time for OTAs, but training camp might be more realistic. The Colts will ideally return with a two-tight end set as their base, featuring the beastly Allen in-line and Coby Fleener in the "move" spot. Allen's health is well worth tracking.

Vick Ballard (knee) believes he'll be ready for OTAs.

Ballard tore his right ACL in a practice ahead of Week 2, part of the domino effect that led to the Colts' disastrous Trent Richardson trade. He might get cleared for some activity during OTAs, but his real goal should be participating fully in 2014 training camp. If the Colts let impending unrestricted free agent Donald Brown walk, Ballard would be the No. 2 back behind T-Rich.

Reggie Wayne said "so far, so good" when asked about the progress of his knee rehab.

Wayne tore his right ACL on October 20. "I'm very, very, very confident that I can come back better than I was," he said Monday. It's an unrealistic expectation as the 35-year-old Wayne was already showing signs of decline, especially with his long speed and big-play ability. Returning as a reliable possession receiver to complement breakout stud T.Y. Hilton is a more reasonable expectation.

It will be great seeing those guys back on the field next year.

Reggie is going to be a great possession receiver for us... & something in me just thinks he is going to come back strong

Allen will change the look of the offense immensely.. Good blocker and can catch the ball. Will see a lot of him at times when Havili was in. Also allows us to move Fleener around even more & hopefully create some mismatches

Ballard injury probably turned out to be the worst of the year.. Not only did we lost our starting rb, but our 1st round pick.. Hope he bounces back strong and can create a decent 1-2 punch with T Rich

Any word on Donald Thomas??