Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

LEAF 2014 Colts Offseason Mock (With Contracts)

so you feel the Colts let Donald Brown walk? or do you think his play may  earn him more than what we are willing to pay? And i think Hassleback said this was his final year.

Don't see us keeping brown..

He had one good year here and the money he will command won't be worth his injury hustory

After the Colts' first of many Super Bowl victories during this new regime, the front office gets to work on a long offseason in hopes of defending their World Champions title next season. Before the league new year comes, the FO takes a look at their current cap figures and determines which players to resign. Before making any moves, the Colts have $38,115,301 to work with.

The Colts decide to cut the following player(s):

Samson Satele (+$4,000,000)

With the available cap space now sitting at $42,115,301, The Colts get to work by resigning the following player(s):

Vontae Davis (4yr/$36,250,000)

Antoine Bethea (2yr/$5,660,000)

Pat McAfee (6yr/$18,250,000)

Adam Vinatieri (1yr/$3,000,000)

Sergio Brown (2yr/$1,650,000)

Joe Reitz (1yr/$645,000)

Fili Moala (2yr/$1,975,000)

Josh Gordy (2yr/$1,445,000)

Ahmad Bradshaw (1yr/$855,000)

Cam Johnson (1yr/$495,000)

Vontae Davis' contract is slightly front-loaded. Pat McAfee's first two years are fully guaranteed while the remaining four years have no guarantees. Sergio Brown, Joe Reitz, and Josh Gordy are receiving slightly more than league minimum for their experience level while Ahmad Bradshaw's contract is right at veteran minimum for a player with 7-9 years of NFL experience, none of which is guaranteed. Cam Johnson receives an ERFA tender. After these players are resigned, the Colts have $20,732,801 remaining.

The league new year begins on March 11th and the Colts are poised to make a splash. After countless hours of film breakdown and board room discussions the Colts set their sights on several free agent targets and begin negotiations. Agreements are made with the following free agent(s):

J'Marcus Webb (2yr/$2,100,000)

Brian de la Puente (3yr/$17,100,000)

Eben Britton (1yr/$910,000)

Donald Butler (5yr/$27,500,000)

Tony McDaniel (2yr/$1,950,000)

The Colts close out the free agency period with $10,195,634 left in the tank to sign the upcoming draft class and make any more roster moves required during training camp as well as through the 2014-2015 NFL season.

The scouting combine, college pro days, and team meeting have all passed and it is now May 8. The Colts feel largely comfortable with their current roster and are now looking forward to adding young talent to enhance the team. During the 2014 NFL Draft, the Indianapolis Colts select the following players:

Round 2: Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech

Round 3: Donte Moncrief, WR, Ole Miss

- Round 5: Deandre Coleman, DT, California

- Round 6: Trey Millard, FB, Oklahoma

- Round 7: DeDe Lattimore, ILB, USF

That about does it. The roster gets ready for training camp and to kickoff another Super Bowl winning season. 

Offense

QB: Andrew Luck, Matt Hasselbeck, Chandler Harnish

HB: Vick Ballard, Trent Richardson, Ahmad Bradshaw, Chris Rainey, Tashard Choice, Daniel Herron, Kory Sheets

FB: Trey Millard, Stanley Havili

WR: Reggie Wayne, T.Y. Hilton, Da'Rick Rogers, Donte Moncrief, LaVon Brazill, Griff Whalen

TE: Dwayne Allen, Coby Fleener, Weslye Saunders, Jack Doyle

OT: Anthony Castonzo, Gosder Cherilus, J'Marcus Webb, Xavier Nixon

OG: Donald Thomas, Hugh Thornton, Eben Britton, Joe Reitz, Justin Anderson

C: Brian de la Puente, Khaled Holmes, Thomas Austin

Defense

NT: Josh Chapman, Tony McDaniel

DE: Cory Redding, Ricky Jean-Francois, Montori Hughes, Fili Moala, Deandre Coleman, Jeris Pendleton

OLB: Robert Mathis, Erik Walden, Bjoern Werner, Cam Johnson, Daniel Adongo, Andy Studebaker

ILB: Jerrell Freeman, Donald Butler, Kelvin Sheppard, Josh McNary, DeDe Lattimore, Mario Harvey

CB: Vontae Davis, Greg Toler, Darius Butler, Kyle Fuller, Josh Gordy, Sheldon Price

S: Antoine Bethea, LaRon Landry, Delano Howell, Sergio Brown, Corey Lynch

Special Teams

K: Adam Vinatieri

P: Pat McAfee

LS: Matt Overton

[Free AgentRookie]

Numbers are undoubtedly off at some point, but all of my calculations of contracts and how they would affect the cap space came from http://overthecap.com/calculator/?Team=Colts

The draft picks came from the results of a mock draft game located at http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/

Hope you enjoyed. Leave some feedback if you find anything way off or just have a different opinion. Go Colts!

I like most of this. I don't think we keep Reitz because it seems the coaching staff doesn't like him. Is J'Marcus Webb that good? I also don't see any of this improving our pass rush but I may be wrong. Oh and the fullback we definitely don't need.

I know but it would be essentially wasting a 4th rounder on a OC we didn't even give a chance to. That's why a stopgap would be a better way to go, but that's just my opinion. We would save money in the long run

I just think the idea should put a Center in there that we know can play at a high level rather then find out our backup is not ready yet

Samson Satele (+$4,000,000) cut

Ahmad Bradshaw (1yr/$855,000) cu

Fili Moala (2yr/$1,975,000) cut injury prone

brown cut

1. Travelle Wharton
 2. Geoff Schwartz
 3. Willie Colon
 4. Jon Asamoah  best Offensive Guards

2. Offensive Tackles

1. Eugene Monroe
 2. Jared Veldheer
 3. Branden Albert
 4. Jordan Gross
 5. Anthony Collins
 6. Rodger Saffold
 7. Michael Oher

3.  Centers
 1. Alex Mack
 2. Brian De La Puente
 3. Evan Dietrich-Smith
 4. Dominic Raiola
 5. Ryan Wendell

pass rusher need jared allen

Don't see us keeping brown..

He had one good year here and the money he will command won't be worth his injury hustory

And he was only "good" by Donald Brown standards. He ran for less yards than Russel Wilson. Richardson and Ballard will be a fine combo. I would like to see us draft De'Anthony Thomas as a change of pace kind of back. 

I would NOT sign Vontae Davis to that big of a contract. Over $9 million per year? You have to be kidding me! He is so inconsistent! Anything over $6 million and I would let him walk! I still feel we are better served going after Alterraun Verner. Heck, I would go after BOTH if the money worked out.

I also would not pay Donald Butler that much money. I am fairly certain that Jerrell Freeman is due a contract after the upcoming season. He is a guy I would pay $5 million a year for. Re-sign Kelvin Shepherd, and try to draft a guy in the 5th or 6th round.

If we stay put in the draft, I would look at the following:

2nd round: Ego Ferguson DT LSU

3rd round: Antone Exum CB Virginia Tech

5th round: Boseko Lokombo LB Oregon

6th round: Billy Turner OT North Dakota State

7th round: Ethan Westbrooks DE West Texas A&M

I think we need to do everything in our power to sign Alex Mack C Browns. I really do not see de la Puente leaving the Saints. I would also look at signing Julian Edelman.

Focus on defense in the draft.

I would NOT sign Vontae Davis to that big of a contract. Over $9 million per year? You have to be kidding me! He is so inconsistent! Anything over $6 million and I would let him walk! I still feel we are better served going after Alterraun Verner. Heck, I would go after BOTH if the money worked out.

I also would not pay Donald Butler that much money. I am fairly certain that Jerrell Freeman is due a contract after the upcoming season. He is a guy I would pay $5 million a year for. Re-sign Kelvin Shepherd, and try to draft a guy in the 5th or 6th round.

If we stay put in the draft, I would look at the following:

2nd round: Ego Ferguson DT LSU

3rd round: Antone Exum CB Virginia Tech

5th round: Boseko Lokombo LB Oregon

6th round: Billy Turner OT North Dakota State

7th round: Ethan Westbrooks DE West Texas A&M

I think we need to do everything in our power to sign Alex Mack C Browns. I really do not see de la Puente leaving the Saints. I would also look at signing Julian Edelman.

Focus on defense in the draft.

I agree I would love to get Mack, but De la Puente would be a pretty good consolation prize; the Saints have salary cap problems and have to sign J. Graham so I don't think they are going to be able to keep De la Puente off the FA market.

• 4 weeks later...

The more I think about it, the less keen I am on signing de la Puente. Might have to redo this whole thing haha

His Guards surrounding him are a big help to him, He is a good Center dont get me wrong but overrated by some I think, just isn't real strong, agile some but stops moving his feet at times , would be a big upgrade for sure but thats not hard to do, He isnt close to Mack in talent

I was down on Gabe Jackson because of a few pass blocking issues, and speed,  but bottom line, he is a big man that plays like a big man.  I'd trade up for him and put him with Alex Mack.

fut 1rst + #2 = #1 

Fut2   = #3

1.  Gabe Jackson

3.  Justin Ellis

3.  Brent Urban

5.  Alden Darby

7.  Andre Hal

7.  Greg Blair

I know trading future picks stinks, but I think it is worth it if you come away with starting caliber OL-DL.  

FA  Alex Mack

Vontae Davis

Alterraun Verner    

Castonzo  Thomas  Mack  Gibson  Cherilus

Redding     Ellis      Urban       

The more I think about it, the less keen I am on signing de la Puente. Might have to redo this whole thing haha

Why? He's proven to be a pretty good starter at a position that we desperately need. He should be a lot cheaper than Mack too (albeit not as good).

I was down on Gabe Jackson because of a few pass blocking issues, and speed,  but bottom line, he is a big man that plays like a big man.  I'd trade up for him and put him with Alex Mack.

fut 1rst + #2 = #1 

Fut2   = #3

1.  Gabe Jackson

3.  Justin Ellis

3.  Brent Urban

5.  Alden Darby

7.  Andre Hal

7.  Greg Blair

I know trading future picks stinks, but I think it is worth it if you come away with starting caliber OL-DL.  

FA  Alex Mack

Vontae Davis

Alterraun Verner    

Castonzo  Thomas  Mack  Gibson  Cherilus

Redding     Ellis      Urban       

I don't think we trade up, but if we did it would be for a playmaker at a position of need. Someone like C.J. Mosley, Calvin Pryor, Hasean Clinton Dix, etc. You can find solid guards in the 3rd and 4th rounds. Besides, Gabe Jackson wont be a first round pick.