Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 8 Predictions

CR91

no vs stl i dont expect another 60 burger but 40 should do

jac vs hou i wanna take the jags, but the texans have a much better offense then the ravens

ari vs bal ravens got humiliated on monday night and they are POed

ind vs ten its fair to assume that cj will go but wild on us

min vs car CAM! gets his third win

mia vs nyg this could be an upset of the week, but im not willing to bet on it

det vs den now this is an upset of the week

was vs buf bills should get back on track

cin vs sea bengals should kill them even with the 12 man

ne vs pit anyone remember the last time the steelers beat the pats hmmmm me either, but i do know it wont happen this weekend

cle vs sf the defense will get a shut out

dal vs phi this is a toss up for me so ill take the eagles at home

sd vs kc no way the chargers let this one slip

Edited by coltsrule91

Cowboys @ Eagles - Kills me having to pick against my team, especially against Dallas, but I still am not convinced by my team. And we've lost 5 straight home games.

Dolphins @ Giants - Giants are home and off a bye. This could be their last win for a couple weeks, as their schedule gets brutal after Sunday.

Vikings @ Panthers - Ponder should help make this game more fun to watch if he can build on last week, but I like Carolina with Newton more at home.

Saints @ Rams - Rams just can't catch a break in their schedule.

Cardinals @ Ravens - The 2nd round pick we got in the Kolb deal is looking better by the week. Of course, with our poor drafting, we'll likely screw it up, but at least we won't have to wait as long to do so.

Jaguars @ Texans - Tough playing on the road after a MNF game, and Houston is the better team.

Colts @ Titans - I don't expect a blowout like the Saints game, but the end result should be the same.

Redskins @ Bills - Skins are getting more and more beat up by the minute. Bils rebound at home.

Lions @ Broncos - Hard to say which team is going to show up, so I go with the home team.

Browns @ 49ers - No reason the Niners shouldn't continue their strong season through this week at home after a bye.

Bengals @ Seahawks - Dalton is having a surprise season. Hard picking against Seattle at home. Taking a chance here.

Patriots @ Steelers - I hope the Pats win, but I think the Steelers take one over NE at home.

Chargers @ Chiefs - Both teams play the opposite of how they did last week.

I

no vs stl i dont expect another 60 burger but 40 should do

jac vs hou i wanna take the jags, but the texans have a much better offense then the ravens

ari vs bal ravens got humiliated on monday night and they are POed

ind vs ten its fair to assume that cj will go but wild on us

min vs car CAM! gets his third win

mia vs nyg this could be an upset of the week, but im not willing to bet on it

det vs den now this is an upset of the week

was vs buf bills should get back on track

cin vs sea bengals should kill them even with the 12 man

ne vs pit anyone remember the last time the steelers beat the pats hmmmm me either, but i do know it wont happen this weekend

cle vs sf the defense will get a shut out

dal vs phi this is a toss up for me so ill take the eagles at home

sd vs kc no way the chargers let this one slip

I agree with basically all of that but I have KC in an Upset (well, sort of)

Indy fans picking Tennesse to win the game. You guys are laughable at best.

Being realistic about our situation is "laughable"? Do you honestly think you have to exert blind faith just to call yourself a fan? Personally I think we're going to finally win one against Tennessee, however its pretty simple to understand why many fans would predict a loss, considering we haven't had a win since last December.

Edited by ruksak

Being realistic about our situation is "laughable"? Do you honestly think you have to exert blind faith just to call yourself a fan? Personally I think we're going to finally win one against Tennessee, however its pretty simple to understand why many fans would predict a loss, considering we haven't had a win since last December.

yes, picking against your own team is laughable. That's the end of that.

Edited by number28

This is football, not religion. Faith is not law in the realm of sports.

mate, I do not agree with this mentality ok?

If a fan is picking against his own team, that is beyond discussion. I am not allowed to call out or question fans anymore, but that is definitely laughable.

If a fan is picking against his own team, that is beyond discussion. I am not allowed to call out or question fans anymore, but that is definitely laughable.

I understand that you don't agree but you are allowed to debate and "question" other fans. Thats well within the rules, just do so without making personal remarks and insulting peoples intelligence and you'll be fine.

Pick predictions aren't about fan loyalty, its about showcasing football smarts. I picked against the Colts in NO, and I was right (and 98% of everyone else too). So does that make me a bad fan?

Unless you're just flat out saying people that don't think their team can win a certain game aren't fans?

Calling out fans in order to denigrate them or respond to their opinion in a way that denigrates them is clearly against the rules here, discussing opinions is not. Questioning opinions is not against the rules, it's all about how you do it. You can do better than simply calling someone, or their opinion laughable.

Oh, and BTW, just for the record, the expression "you guys are laughable at best" is directed at individual posters, not their opinions, which means that you insulted one or more people. Saying that the idea of Indy fans picking Tennessee to win is laughable, is not insulting to people, it merely questions the idea that fans of a team would pick against it.

Really, this isn't that hard, you just have to learn to pick your target with more care than you are using. Now, I know that this whole discussion of calling someone laughable, is laughable at best itself. But I also know that like a large oak tree grows from a small acorn, this kind of exchange can develop over time into something else.

So, please try to be more respectful of the people here, OK?

Indy fans picking Tennesse to win the game. You guys are laughable at best.

just because i choose against the colts doesnt make me any less of a fan then you. this isnt about pride for your team its how your team is doing and right now we're in shambles and a win would be very surprising. i bet not a single ram fan truly believes there team can beat the saints because its unthinkable it doesnt mean they dont have faith in there team.

Here are mine for this week, and I'm coming off the worst week in years:

Last Week (Week 7) I went 6 for 14, 3 for 13 on the spread for a total of 9 for 26... which is horrible.

Arizona Cardinals at Baltimore Ravens (Ravens 13) - Baltimore Ravens win 27-14 -- Ravens win spread

Minnesota VIkings at Carolina Panthers (Panthers 3.5) - Carolina Panthers win 28-20 -- Panthers win spread

Jacksonville Jaguars at Houston Texans (Texans 9.5) - Houston Texans win 21-13 -- Jaguars win spread

Miami Dolphins at New York Giants (Giants 10) -- New York Giants win 24-10 -- Giants win spread

New Orleans Saints at St Louis Rams (Saints 13.5) -- New Orleans Saints win 31-21 -- Rams win spread

Indianapolis Colts at Tennessee Titans (Titans 8.5) -- Tennessee Titans win 27-10 -- Titans win spread

Washington Redskins at Buffalo Bills (Toronto) (Bills 6) -- Buffalo Bills 17-14 -- Redskins win spread

Detroit Lions at Denver Broncos (Lions 3) -- Detroit Lions 34-21 -- Lions win spread

New England Patriots at Pittsburgh Steelers (Patriots 3) -- Pittsburgh Steelers win 34-31 -- Steelers win spread

Cincinnati Bengals at Seattle Seahawks (Bengals 3) -- Cincinnati Bengals win 21-20 -- Seahawks win spread

Cleveland Browns at San Francisco 49ers (49ers 8.5) -- San Francisco 49ers win 23-10 -- 49ers win spread

Dallas Cowboys at Philadelphia Eagles (Eagles 3.5) -- Dallas Cowboys win 28-24 -- Cowboys win spread

San Diego Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs (Chargers 3.5) -- San Diego Chargers win 21-20 -- Chiefs win spread

Edited by Andy246

Last Week (Week 7) I went 6 for 14, 3 for 13 on the spread for a total of 9 for 26... which is horrible.

Arizona Cardinals at Baltimore Ravens (Ravens 13) - Baltimore Ravens win 27-14 -- Ravens win spread

Minnesota VIkings at Carolina Panthers (Panthers 3.5) - Carolina Panthers win 28-20 -- Panthers win spread

Jacksonville Jaguars at Houston Texans (Texans 9.5) - Houston Texans win 21-13 -- Jaguars win spread

Miami Dolphins at New York Giants (Giants 10) -- New York Giants win 24-10 -- Giants win spread

New Orleans Saints at St Louis Rams (Saints 13.5) -- New Orleans Saints win 31-21 -- Rams win spread

Indianapolis Colts at Tennessee Titans (Titans 8.5) -- Tennessee Titans win 27-10 -- Titans win spread

Washington Redskins at Buffalo Bills (Toronto) (Bills 6) -- Buffalo Bills 17-14 -- Redskins win spread

Detroit Lions at Denver Broncos (Lions 3) -- Detroit Lions 34-21 -- Lions win spread

New England Patriots at Pittsburgh Steelers (Patriots 3) -- Pittsburgh Steelers win 34-31 -- Steelers win spread

Cincinnati Bengals at Seattle Seahawks (Bengals 3) -- Cincinnati Bengals win 21-20 -- Seahawks win spread

Cleveland Browns at San Francisco 49ers (49ers 8.5) -- San Francisco 49ers win 23-10 -- 49ers win spread

Dallas Cowboys at Philadelphia Eagles (Eagles 3.5) -- Dallas Cowboys win 28-24 -- Cowboys win spread

San Diego Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs (Chargers 3.5) -- San Diego Chargers win 21-20 -- Chiefs win spread

Looks like you and I have the same picks to win straight up.

Then go give away your life savings and bet the Colts by 30. Oh wait you're 17, so go give away the 3 bottle caps and the match box car and the Twinkies wrapper you have in your pocket.

Saying Tennessee wins isn't going against fandom, or the team or anything like that. Some have a realistic grasp of the situation and some think Caldwell is a good coach.

no vs stl Saints 55 Rams 10

jac vs hou Houston 45 Jaguars 17

ari vs bal Baltimore 24 Arizona 17

ind vs ten Tennessee 41 Indy 13

min vs car Carolina 38 Minnesota 31

mia vs nyg New York 45 Miami 13

det vs den Detroit 41 Denver 10

was vs buf Buffalo 35 Washington 17

cin vs sea Cincy 24 Seattle 21

ne vs pit New England 45 Pittsburgh 41

cle vs sf San Francisco 31 Cleveland 13

dal vs phi Dallas 31 Philly 27

sd vs kc Kansas City 31 San Diego 30

wow..I was gonna say you could have been 9-3 but I see you did indeed pick the Steelers. good call! :)

Yeah, it seems I have one game a week that my gut tells me to go against the grain. I just felt that the Steelers D would be just a little better against the Pats O, than the Pats D against the Steelers O. I only got to see bits and pieces of the game while walking around waiting for our game to start. Just wish I had more faith in my team, otherwise, I could have been 9-3.

Just wish I had more faith in my team, otherwise, I could have been 9-3.

It's looking like your Eagles are finding their wings. I expect them to play strong from here on out. I expected them to struggle at first because of the adjustments that ran across the board for them. All those new FA players, new coaches (Mudd)/coaching positions. Y'all better hope Vick stays upright though.

ON THE PICK'EM, I'm 9-3 with the MNF left. Predicted the Titans-Colts game on the money, and got the 49ers game close (said 23-10, actually 20-10) and predicted that the Saints would win 31-21, but the Rams actually won 31-21. Predicted that the Steelers would win, and the Jags-Texans game was close (said 21-13, when it was actually 24-14). I think I've earned my scooby snack!

ON THE PICK'EM, I'm 9-3 with the MNF left. Predicted the Titans-Colts game on the money, and got the 49ers game close (said 23-10, actually 20-10) and predicted that the Saints would win 31-21, but the Rams actually won 31-21. Predicted that the Steelers would win, and the Jags-Texans game was close (said 21-13, when it was actually 24-14). I think I've earned my scooby snack!

I might try to guess the scores next week......thats a lot of brain tweakin though.

It's looking like your Eagles are finding their wings. I expect them to play strong from here on out. I expected them to struggle at first because of the adjustments that ran across the board for them. All those new FA players, new coaches (Mudd)/coaching positions. Y'all better hope Vick stays upright though.

If Reid can keep the run game going like he has the last two games, that'd go a long way in helping Vick. Shady has become one of the top backs in the league. Great player to gameplan around.

Edited by eaglejoe8