Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans Colts Predictions

danlhart87

I was one of those colts fan that say we was one and done in the playoff but Brazil and Rogers is giving me a lot of hope I mean a lot!!! I can see Rogers be the next football player all over ESPN and they saying how smart grigson and company are etc... I can dream can't I?

I was one of those colts fan that say we was one and done in the playoff but Brazil and Rogers is giving me a lot of hope I mean a lot!!! I can see Rogers be the next football player all over ESPN and they saying how smart grigson and company are etc... I can dream can't I?

We can beat the Chiefs.

Box Score:

Q1                          Q2                                    Q3                            Q4

Houston         14                            14                                      7                                0

Indy                  0                              0                                       3                             35  

Guest TeamLoloJones

Box Score:

Q1                          Q2                                    Q3                            Q4

Houston         14                            14                                      7                                0

Indy                  0                              0                                       3                             35  

Looks legit to me.

Box Score:

You think we'll score before the fourth?

That Texans D is a completely different animal without Cushing. Sure JJ Watt is a beast, no denying that. But they are not what they used to be.

they will still give us major problems with Watt.  Cushing is hurt way too much for getting paid as much as he is.  It's like a paid vacation.  a lot of these players, when hurt, have WAY too much free time on their hands "if you know what i mean"  i.e. - danny granger of the pacers...... yea, some of you know what i mean...  not good   :stir:

I thought the USA Today comments on the game this week are interesting. I don't agree with all of it but most of it seems right on the mark.

"After playing solid defense early in the season, the Colts have come undone. They've surrendered an average of 31.1 points in their last seven games. Indianapolis ranks 29th against the run and has been getting steadily worse. The Texans, who are led by interim coach Wade Phillips, are turning back to QB Case Keenum as their starter despite a miserable outing that got him benched in a loss to the Jaguars.

Last week, Texans WR Andre Johnson had 13 catches for 154 yards to tie Jerry Rice for the most games (10) with 10-catches and at least 150 yards. ... The Colts have won 10 of the last 13 meetings."

My own view is that this will be a close game with Houston pounding the Colts on the ground even with Arian Foster out with injury. There won't be much of a margin for error for either team. It seems to me that the Texans are a much better team than their record indicates and they have lost a lot of close games. The Colts may not be as good as their record indicates right now mostly due to injuries to important players. Phillips wants to be the head coach next year and I think he will pull out all of the stops to try and get a win. The Colts will try to get the win but not at the risk of further injury to players who are hurt or exposing Andrew Luck to potential punishment from J.J. Watt. It will not surprise me which team wins but I do think it will be close and if it is, I think the Colts have the advantage in that situation.  :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• The Colts spent big on resigning players this past offseason.  However, I see a lot of roster turnover heading into next offseason with limited cap space.   Round 1 - Edge Princely Umanmielen (Florida) - In four years has 24.5 TFLS including 14.5 sacks.  In 2023 he ranked 4th among Power Five edge defenders in pass-rush win rate (22.2%) and his 42 run-defense stops since 2022 are tied for second. 98% a clone to Laiatu Latu.  Project resign Dayo but Ebukam/Lewis are on the bubble while Genard Avery is a free agent.   Round 2 - WLB Harold Perkins Jr. (LSU) - As a true freshman led all LBs in Power Five linebackers with a 91.0 pass-rush grade and second among all LBs in the country with 18 QB knockdowns (sacks/hits) and tied for second in the country with 4 *.  Since 2014 era, that ranks third best behind Rueben Bain Jr (freshman) in 2023 and Myles Garrett in 2014. EJ Speeds replacement.    Round 3 - S Keon Sabb (Alabama) –From backup to a starter while at Michigan, he made the most of his 360 snaps.  As a sophomore Sabb was only one of six Power Five safeties to earn an 80+ grades in both coverage and run defender.  Sabb replaces Blackmon.   Round 4 - TE Caden Prieskorn (Mississippi) – Started 2023 with a knee injury missing the first three games.  A Memphis transfer, Prieskorn 449 receiving yards were 9th most among all CFB TEs.  His 1051 receiving yards and 527 YAC since 2022 both rank fourth.  Both Mo Allie-Cox and Kylen Granson (project resign) are upcoming FAs.   Round 5 - LB/SAF CJ Taylor (Vanderbilt) – 6’1” 201 pounds. Taylor spent 55% of his snaps near the defensive LOS and in the box in 2023.  In 2022 he was 3rd among SEC safeties with an 84.9 PFF coverage grade, while his 10 pressures ranked 1st.  In 2023 he was third among all LBs in the conference with a 61.8 passer rating allowed.  Reminds me of Jaylon Carlies whom the Colts just drafted in R5P151.  Carlies is currently listed as 3rd string MLB.  Segun Olubi is the backup behind MLB Franklin and has proven enough to resign after this season.  Projected cuts SLB Cameron McGrone (6’1” 236 pounds) (2024 FA) and SLB Liam Anderson (6’3” 236 pounds) (2024 FA).  Add another 30 pounds to Taylor move to SLB.   Round 6 - IDL Joey Slackman (Florida) final 2023 defense grade while at Pennsylvania, 90.1 (3rd), 92.8 run defense grade (1st), pass rush 71.9 (91st), and a 60.5 coverage grade.  Averaging 48.5 TOT a season along with 4 sacks.  Built like Grover Stewart at 6’4” 300 pounds and has the chance to take over Stewart’s job after a year of mentorship.  Places Davis on the bubble and replaces Taven Bryan.  See how well Slackman does moving to Florida versus much stronger competition.  Could see his draft stock improve.   Round 7 - RB-KR Ismail Mahdi (Texas State) –After his first 6 games in 2023 he had 9 KO RET for 280 yards averaging 31.1 yards which ranked 5th as a KR during that timeframe.  In 2023 rushed for 1331 yards on 223 carriers averaging 6.0 with 10 TDs.  Also proven back that can catch averaging 260 yards a season on 25 catches.  Trey Serman (2024 FA) and Tyler Goodson (2024 FA).   UDFAs LS Byron Floyd (PITT) junior – Floyds 81.7 grade this season leads all FBS LS.  Of his 41 LS on both punts/kicks only one has been charted as off-target.  Does have ties to Colts new DL coach.   WR De’Corian Clark (UTSA) – been compared to Alec Pierce.  Got elite athletic skills.  Made Bruce Feldman’s Freaks List at #94.  In HS he jumped 24’8”, hit 22.2 MPH on the GPS and clocked a 4.31 shuttle time.  Also ran a 4.49s-forty time, had a 10’1” broad jump, and a 35” vertical jump while power-clean 345 pounds.  
    • Interesting….   I think Pittsburg getting rid of their 2023 QB room, Pickett and the backup and bringing in Wilson AND Fields for next to nothing is (IMO) the best off-season transformation by any NFL team including the Colts.      Wilson AND Fields for almost nothing?!?   Yes,  please!    FWIW:  Fields is being used in camp as a returner.  Punt for sure and I think kickoffs as well.     
    • Sometimes you win some of these close games and sometimes you lose. We won a game similar to this in Game 3 vs NY when Nembhard hit that 35 foot game winner. That saved our season because NY could have went up 3-0 had that not gone in. Take the good with the bad and move on.
    • #10 is gonna make a huge difference on offense!!!
    • I'm gonna go out there and say 12. I have very high expectations for this team. If we can be competitive with Minshew then I expect a major step forward with hopefully a healthy AR.
  • Members

• OhioColt

OhioColt 457

• chrisfarley

chrisfarley 409

• CR91

CR91 12,805

• Mr. Irrelevant

Mr. Irrelevant 959

• BProland85

BProland85 2,818

• krunk