Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RB's are really a dime a dozen

Colt-in-Jax

I know there's the exception to the rule, but mostly you can get a real good one in the 2ed, 3ed or later rounds. That's why I hated the Richardson trade, it would have been better if we demanded Gordon or make the pick conditional. The Browns were trying to get rid of Gordon, I think if we offered our 1st with another lower player they might have bit.

But in reality, I would much rather that we were to use that #1 pick on either a established WR or a road grader OL. Now we have to hope that our GM can find the gems in the later rounds..

I know there's the exception to the rule, but mostly you can get a real good one in the 2ed, 3ed or later rounds. That's why I hated the Richardson trade, it would have been better if we demanded Gordon or make the pick conditional. The Browns were trying to get rid of Gordon, I think if we offered our 1st with another lower player they might have bit.

But in reality, I would much rather that we were to use that #1 pick on either a established WR or a road grader OL. Now we have to hope that our GM can find the gems in the later rounds..

I thought T Rich would be better but I was with you in thinking that we would have been better off not spending a first on an RB.  You can get good ones in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and solid ones in the 4th and 5th rounds.