Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Another Chapter of Rookie QB torches Colts

indyagent17

to come in here and find any post you find that says anything negative about the Colts after the fact and lump them all together so you can do the face palm thing is a bit of a bush league move IMO because you weren't here during it.  If you were one of those here saying things will be alright that's one thing.  However to come in and gloat when you weren't here when it was going is another. 

:facepalm:   

no gloating.  sorry i didnt run to my computer during the game because i was.... watching the game...

well, we are pretty ok or decent nfl team. can we beat denver in the playoffs? can we beat SD, Jets, Titans, Patriots, KC, Cincy (the list goes on) in the playoffs on the road? this last weekend proved anybody can possibly beat anyone else. parity. do we have weaknesses? sure, o-line!!! defense!! Special Teams!!! wide receivers! feature-back!! ! exclamations are level of severity

Why can't we beat Denver in the playoffs? We beat them already...

If the playoffs started this week, Denver would not get a home playoff game in the first round. The Colts would. So it's possible that the Broncos have to come back to Indy in the playoffs. 

Why can't we beat Denver in the playoffs? We beat them already...

If the playoffs started this week, Denver would not get a home playoff game in the first round. The Colts would. So it's possible that the Broncos have to come back to Indy in the playoffs. 

Please, please , pretty please tell me that there is a possibility of that.  I liken this back to the NE days where we just knew how hard it would be to beat the PATS on the road (during all their SB runs) in the playoffs.  It's kind of like you want to squint when you watch the game.

Please, please , pretty please tell me that there is a possibility of that.  I liken this back to the NE days where we just knew how hard it would be to beat the PATS on the road (during all their SB runs) in the playoffs.  It's kind of like you want to squint when you watch the game.

We'd either have to drop below the Bengals to the 4 seed, or the Broncos would have to drop below the Jets to the 6 seed. As it stands right now, we'd host the Jets, and the Bengals would host the Broncos. 

Or, we could overtake the Pats for the 2 seed, get a first round bye, and host the Broncos in the second round.

Much more likely, though, is that the Broncos win the division and get a first round bye and home field throughout the playoffs. They play the Chiefs in two weeks, then later on this season. And they still face the Patriots. They control their own destiny at this point. If they win out and we win out, they're the 1 seed and we're the 2, and if we played each other in the AFCCG, they'd host us.

We'd either have to drop below the Bengals to the 4 seed, or the Broncos would have to drop below the Jets to the 6 seed. As it stands right now, we'd host the Jets, and the Bengals would host the Broncos. 

Or, we could overtake the Pats for the 2 seed, get a first round bye, and host the Broncos in the second round.

Much more likely, though, is that the Broncos win the division and get a first round bye and home field throughout the playoffs. They play the Chiefs in two weeks, then later on this season. And they still face the Patriots. They control their own destiny at this point. If they win out and we win out, they're the 1 seed and we're the 2, and if we played each other in the AFCCG, they'd host us.

wow, thanks for that.  someone knows their playoff scenarios.  i tend to start looking at that down the road, but i really need to start now so i'm not so disappointed later if something knocks us off a particular perch.  The way we played in the first half of the Texans game, you might say all of this was the furthest from my mind.  Like on another planet.

in response to Kyle's post I agree but my point is still valid, We didnt not play well 

not counting the win against SF and the joke of a team in Jacksonville we have not put two consecutive quarters together on the road and that needs to change.

Blocking was horrible, I saw at least 13 missed assignments and each one hurt us

And this looked like a trap game and it looked like our CB's couldnt track a deep ball at all last night

Thank God we won but we have things to work on before it becomes a huge issue

By the way, I am a dedicated Colts fan, I have never left a game early and i have never turned off a game until it was over.

I bleed Blue!

I like how you discount 25% of our games, including one win over a very good SF team. "Well, we won, but what if we lost?"

in response to Kyle's post I agree but my point is still valid, We didnt not play well 

not counting the win against SF and the joke of a team in Jacksonville we have not put two consecutive quarters together on the road and that needs to change.

Blocking was horrible, I saw at least 13 missed assignments and each one hurt us

And this looked like a trap game and it looked like our CB's couldnt track a deep ball at all last night

Thank God we won but we have things to work on before it becomes a huge issue

By the way, I am a dedicated Colts fan, I have never left a game early and i have never turned off a game until it was over.

I bleed Blue!

What do you mean by "this looked like a trap game ?" 

I stand by what I said! If they don't do a better job of preparation, coaching and play calling, Andrew Luck isn't going to be able to bail them out every game. You can go ahead and thank the Texans kicker for this win.

Yea, lets pin it all on the kicker.

God forbid they stop us from scoring or getting into the endzone.

FG kicks are like drives themselves, there isn't a guarantee that you'll score. We stopped them when it mattered most, and unfortunate FG kicking was a bottleneck for them that night. They started strong we finished strong, the kicker could've saved the day, but he didn't. It happens. 

Perhaps Wade shouldn't have punted it back to us. But he did, and we killed the clock and put it all their struggling kicker. 55yds is not easy to hit for most Kickers in the league.