Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thomas Austin to practice squad

1959Colts

Signed center Thomas Austin to the practice squad

O-Line must still be banged up?

Austin was originally signed by the Colts as a free agent in August and then to the practice squad in September. He was then released from the practice squad on Oct 1. Austin has appeared in seven career games (one start) with the Carolina Panthers and Houston Texans

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Colts-promote-Whalen.html

Signed center Thomas Austin to the practice squadO-Line must still be banged up?Austin was originally signed by the Colts as a free agent in August and then to the practice squad in September. He was then released from the practice squad on Oct 1. Austin has appeared in seven career games (one start) with the Carolina Panthers and Houston Texanshttp://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Colts-promote-Whalen.html

Wow, he must live out of a suitcase. This is his sixth team in three years.

Backup Center behind Mcglynn since it looks like Satele will be out at least a week

Austin was signed to the PS.  He couldn't be McGlynn's backup unless he's elevated to the active roster.  Wonder if Holmes will be active for the next game.

I wonder if Holmes will get any snaps? I really don't like Link at G. He's worse than McGlynn, if that's possible.

I don't agree. McGlynn plays much better at center than Guard and Link has done pretty good at guard. In fact, I think our best O-line combination with the injuries is...

LT - Castanzo

LG - Thornton

C - McGlynn

RG - Link

RT- Cherilous

It's not ideal, but far better than Satele at center and McGlynn at RG.