Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Washington (+13) at Denver (10-27-13)

oldunclemark

Manning has a sprained ankle (thanks to our tough defense) and having to face guys like Orakpo and Kerrigan?? that is like a stronger version of Freeney and Mathis right there.

Manning ankle was hurt during Jags game with low tackle, Colts re-aggregated the injury...

Manning ankle was hurt during Jags game with low tackle, Colts re-aggregated the injury...

Babin i belive went low on him

in fact Bronco Rumors in mile high report  they are vthinking of possibly trading for him or J allen and 1 coment was

I wouldn’t want Babin though. Especially after that dirty low shot to Manning in the Jacksonville game.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/10/24/5022222/should-the-denver-broncos-trade-for-jared-allen-jason-babin

exactly, even went into locker room  for a check up aftrer was knocked down abiout 5 times with guys landing on him though not sacking him and brock started to practice as if going in anouncers said, but PM came back out and practiced and went in next series ,  i thought at time was his hand as he seemed to shake it, after that throws were low and announcers even remarked they never saw a a wr , was Decker make a catch on a low thrown PM ball after alot were low and motion for him to get them up by extending arms and repeately raising them from a low position to higher one

I didn't say it was an excuse, its just the way it is. They are young and are still learning.

just wait till get more experience in various in game situations that are still new to many of them,, they shall be a dynasty do i dare say, Irasy would agree 

oh well see they didn't say that part on NFL AM. but there is even speculation he might have an " arm " issue too. although no one can seem to confirm it which only leads me to believe it is just his ankle.

People forget that in NFL terms, Manning is an old man with a surgically reconstructed neck. He needs his full body to get much torque on the ball, and a lot of that power comes from the legs. A tweaked ankle would affect his throwing motion greatly, and make it appear to be an arm/shoulder issue at first glance.

Today's Denver Post

The Jaguars' vanilla attack did not register a sack against Manning, although there was a hit on his ankle that brought a limp but no penalty flag. 

Read more: To stop Broncos, basic defense is yielding best results - The Denver Post http://www.denverpos...e#ixzz2iixqyUfK 

oh well see they didn't say that part on NFL AM. but there is even speculation he might have an " arm " issue too. although no one can seem to confirm it which only leads me to believe it is just his ankle. 

I think people are going to be in for a surprise in this game. I think it will be much closer than they think. That offense is running on fumes. The protection is starting to look like what Peyton had here in Indy the second part of his career. Denver HAS to run the ball effectively this week...meaning basically punching those 3rd-1 3rd-2 runs and solid runs on first down (4yds). If they sit Peyton back there with no protection he is going to take a lot of hits or force some bad throws to get rid of it sooner than he wants. I'm not sure that defense will be much better. Miller loves to crash down and they might exploit that with RGIII. Also their corners are tackling like poo (something Champ used to be good at). Unhealthy LBs and poor tackling secondary and an overaggressive pass rush....I think RGIII and company can exploit that defense all game long. I still like Denver to win...but not cover the spread. 37-31.

I think people are going to be in for a surprise in this game. I think it will be much closer than they think. That offense is running on fumes. The protection is starting to look like what Peyton had here in Indy the second part of his career. Denver HAS to run the ball effectively this week...meaning basically punching those 3rd-1 3rd-2 runs and solid runs on first down (4yds). If they sit Peyton back there with no protection he is going to take a lot of hits or force some bad throws to get rid of it sooner than he wants. I'm not sure that defense will be much better. Miller loves to crash down and they might exploit that with RGIII. Also their corners are tackling like poo (something Champ used to be good at). Unhealthy LBs and poor tackling secondary and an overaggressive pass rush....I think RGIII and company can exploit that defense all game long. I still like Denver to win...but not cover the spread. 37-31.

if peyton has no protection , long enough to survwey field, he cant exploit week redskind Pass d

CJ anderson may see the 3rd and 2's at RB, Broncos say Moreno is overloaded as to amount of work has to do and afraid of breaking him down ( wonder if regret not talikng Lacy ) and this first game for undrafted rookie who looked good vs 2nd & third stringers only in seatle in preaseason , but then got hurt and not much practice says fox , is bigger compact back though

Peyton also loves to have happy feet while moving in pocket, if ankle taped heavily he may not be av ble to and have Orapko & kerrigan bearing in on him 

as i noted in Broncos / redskins injue ry report for the week

NOTE - OL may yet again get switched around  as OG kuper is moire limited after 2 games of play since came in when Franklin went down than RT Franklin is in practice this week, both questionable but more likely they will rest franklin with bye coming unless feel no faith in either ex colt  RT winston Justice or OG Moffit both esp Justice came late to team and not much practice with Peyton so how comfy with OL is a question

U have Orapko and Kerrigan attacking a tweked / wounded  OL  no matter what and better chip someone and protect that pocket

http://www.denverbro...0b-2777b634e576

am running bye

you guys make it seem like the Broncos should not have lost to indy, like the colts are some joke of a team who is getting lucky in their wins or something. broncos dont have a chip on their shoulders, they lost to a good team simple as that. The colts out played the broncos from the second qtr on and the only reason Manning started bringing them back is because our defensive backfield was dropping like flies. before they started getting hurt we were stopping pretty much everything they threw at us. The broncos are not THAT good. Seahawks are a better team then the Broncos. face it, broncos with no manning would be a 1 or 2 win team right now with wins against the Giants and Jags, maybe 3 wins with another win against Oakland.

I don't think anyone is saying the the Colts shouldn't have won. Heck, we beat San Fran and Seattle. However, the Broncos vs Colts was one game Peyton really wanted to win, or at least that is the speculation. That's why everyone is saying the Peyton is going to be * and try to take it out on Washington. Couple that with the fact that the Skins are the ones that hurt his neck in the first place and he might just try to hang an all time high on them.

you guys make it seem like the Broncos should not have lost to indy, like the colts are some joke of a team who is getting lucky in their wins or something. broncos dont have a chip on their shoulders, they lost to a good team simple as that. The colts out played the broncos from the second qtr on and the only reason Manning started bringing them back is because our defensive backfield was dropping like flies. before they started getting hurt we were stopping pretty much everything they threw at us. The broncos are not THAT good. Seahawks are a better team then the Broncos. face it, broncos with no manning would be a 1 or 2 win team right now with wins against the Giants and Jags, maybe 3 wins with another win against Oakland. 

I hope u aren't referring to me where ever i posted I know on colts forum I stated point of fact well played game by the colts and well deserved win & other kudos

I am sure the vast majority here feel the same and one can not say fumbling etc lost them the game as the offensive turnover issues have plagued them all season and still they won

also Colts first team to not allow them to score on opening drive of second half

I am sure u may have misread what others have said, i havent seen a, unless missed, anyone flatly stating colts were how shall i say Lucky

i did note encase u didnt see it

The Jaguars' vanilla attack did not register a sack against Manning, although there was a hit on his ankle that brought a limp but no penalty flag. 

Read more: To stop Broncos, basic defense is yielding best results - The Denver Post http://www.denverpos...e#ixzz2iixqyUfK 

But Broncos still won,,  the above is is buried in an article on how to stop the broncos discussing formations, not using a hurt Peyton as an excuse

have a nice day my friend

The Broncos have made Ronnie Hillman inactive for this game citing fumbling problems. C.J. Anderson is getting the call up to replace him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000269454/article/report-denver-broncos-ronnie-hillman-to-sit-week-8

i did a topic / thread on this yesterday but got no comments though some viewed it

Broncos say Undrafted Rookie RB C. J. Anderson will be active Sunday, Hillman possibly not

see after link to topic of thread whaty i posted in op 

http://forums.colts.com/topic/22240-broncos-say-undrafted-rookie-rb-c-j-anderson-will-be-active-sunday-hillman-possibly-not/#entry613866

Started by bayoneYesterday, 06:35 PM

Posted Yesterday, 06:35 PM

The undrafted rookie running back from the University of California will be activated on the Broncos' 46-man game roster for the game Sunday against Mike Shanahan's Washington Redskins, according to multiple NFL sources.

Anderson at 5-foot-8, 224 pounds is the heaviest of the Broncos' running backs and may be able to help on those third-and-1 plays that Moreno failed to pick up twice last week at Indy.

Anderson had a terrific performance in the Broncos' preseason opener at San Francisco, rushing for 69 yards on 15 carries. But he suffered a sprained MCL knee injury a couple days later during a training-camp practice.

( ++ Note ++ that performance  was against 2nd & third stringers +++ but from denver article's  fan comments for weeks since cleared to play seems like team fans have been waiting to see if he can really play in NFL level games )

He was cleared to practice several weeks ago. ( ++ NOTE ++ Fox sad this week he hasn't had many reps when asked if he would be given a chance in light of Hillman"s and ball's fumbling issues )

Anderson is expected to take the game-day roster spot of Ronnie Hillman, who fumbled at Indianapolis' 2-yard line late in the fourth quarter last Sunday to kill the Broncos' chances of completing a comeback.

Read more: Broncos rookie running back C.J. Anderson to make NFL debut Sunday - The Denver Post http://www.denverpos...t#ixzz2im8gxNi0 

Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi

CJ Anderson up. Ronnie Hillman down.

http://www.milehighr...nderson-in-baby

only if OL , in whatever configuration shows up &  maintains a clean pocket, if not will be closer than most think

& someone needs to spy for RG3 running 

Agreed RG is improving but still don't think hes all the way back,OL will do better in my opinion ,time will tell.

Agreed RG is improving but still don't think hes all the way back,OL will do better in my opinion ,time will tell.

problem is they donT yet know who is starting on OL

as noted coment 52

NOTE - OL may yet again get switched around  as OG kuper is moire limited after 2 games of play since came in when Franklin went down than RT Franklin is in practice this week, both questionable but more likely they will rest franklin with bye coming unless feel no faith in either ex colt  RT winston Justice or OG Moffit both esp Justice came late to team and not much practice with Peyton so how comfy with OL is a question

U have Orapko and Kerrigan attacking a tweked / wounded  OL  no matter what and better chip someone and protect that pocket

wasnt just sacks, there were 10 hits  / presure  by Colts on Peyton and alot of up the middle pressure so he couldnt step up and throw and had to get rid of ball before he was ready

Broncos, Redskins injury report

have a great weekend, I'm off now

problem is they donT yet know who is starting on OL

as noted coment 52

wasnt just sacks, there were 10 hits  / presure  by Colts on Peyton and alot of up the middle pressure so he couldnt step up and throw and had to get rid of ball before he was ready

Broncos, Redskins injury report

have a great weekend, I'm off now

Note taken,will still be surprised if hes not able to get in better flow.Some of the pressure in our game came from good solid secondary play IMO allowing more time for disruption.

Note taken,will still be surprised if hes not able to get in better flow.Some of the pressure in our game came from good solid secondary play IMO allowing more time for disruption.

agree we have a much better secondary,they have good run stoppers,  if peyton has the time he will score, unless newbie CJ anderson fumbles on the 1, etc, I wouldn't want to see Peytons facial expression on offensive turnovers like that

lets also see what Denver secondary shows up too, Miller needs  to increase after 1st game and sack and add more pressures or help others get sacks/ pressure

Frankly at this point, don't let Bailey back, after the bye, he will just start Rusty again Vs Chargers and be rusty at least for a few games , let Webster get more experience

esp. since that in  any game Bailey can go down and be out , not dependable as he says his foot will always hurt at liz franc joint

The Broncos have made Ronnie Hillman inactive for this game citing fumbling problems. C.J. Anderson is getting the call up to replace him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000269454/article/report-denver-broncos-ronnie-hillman-to-sit-week-8

Its a good move..give someone else a chance...

,..and give Hillman a couple of weeks to work on his ball security..

They drafted Ball to play...not sit...This is his chance

jay this was on Denver team  site this morning

Breaking Down the Redskins Defense

excerpt

In Washington's first three games, opposing offenses averaged 488.0 yards per game and 6.87 yards per play. In the last three, those averages have plummeted to 290.0 yards a game and 5.21 yards per play. 

In Weeks 1-3, Washington allowed its foes 17.4 percent more yards per game and 12.1 percent more per play than their season averages; since then, opponents have averaged 16.4 percent fewer yards per game and 9.1 percent fewer yards per play than average.

Washington will try to confuse offenses and disguise their intentions.

“Their team does a lot different things," said wide receiver Wes Welker. "They don’t just throw one thing at you; they throw different things at you, and you have to be ready for everything. 

"They complement a lot of their plays and blitz and different things like that, so you have to really be on top of everything."

"Coach Haslett does a good job of mixing up defenses," said Gase. "We’re going to have to be on it as far as what our assignment is.

above from an article that ends with this note

NOTES: 

-- Washington's pass rush is in the middle of the pack; with one hurry every 3.19 pass plays, according to ProFootballFocus.com, the team ranks 15th in generating pressure.

But the site also ranks Washington outside linebackers Brian Orakpo and Ryan Kerrigan tied for sixth in quarterback pressures with 29 apiece so far this season.

-- For all its other issues, Washington has a top-ten defense on third down (36 percent, 10th in the league).

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Breaking-Down-the-Redskins-Defense/be05d742-4603-4a8c-8ead-b5a1832e1338

I hope u aren't referring to me where ever i posted I know on colts forum I stated point of fact well played game by the colts and well deserved win & other kudos

I am sure the vast majority here feel the same and one can not say fumbling etc lost them the game as the offensive turnover issues have plagued them all season and still they won

also Colts first team to not allow them to score on opening drive of second half

I am sure u may have misread what others have said, i havent seen a, unless missed, anyone flatly stating colts were how shall i say Lucky

i did note encase u didnt see it

But Broncos still won,,  the above is is buried in an article on how to stop the broncos discussing formations, not using a hurt Peyton as an excuse

have a nice day my friend

no not referring to you, my post was in response to someone else's in which i misread. but there are some who believe we should have not won. sometimes my posts are mistaken as an out lash on some lol. i need to work on my wording a little i suppose  :thinking:

no not referring to you, my post was in response to someone else's in which i misread. but there are some who believe we should have not won. sometimes my posts are mistaken as an out lash on some lol. i need to work on my wording a little i suppose  :thinking:

Believe me I rush way to much , and many members I am sure write, know i have , for 1 reason or another a statement that wasnt directed at someone in particular as I know whats in my mind, yet when i re read it later I may see that it can be taken personally or misconstrued by some, but to late to edit

It No Sweat, no one here has always written a perfect post each & every time , surely not me

Barry 

PS & I am sure we all have misread posts too

Oh so many posts threads and comments , what a person to do to soak it all in and respond ( LOL )

bap...your pick....Denver 62-38....won by 24

the real world...Denver 45-21.....won by 24

You 'da man!!!

haha! Im always good at predicting everything.

I predicted 48-21 in the Buccaneers Super Bowl against the Raiders

And that the Ravens were going to win the Super Bowl after they beat the Colts last year...lol