Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts are fine at WR

danlhart87

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a little faith! Nobody thought Luck would turn this team around so quickly after Manning was released but that happened.

Blind faith is stupid without a plan in case that blind faith fails......I assure you if we go ahead with the group we have now.....we will slowly yet surely fail. TY is good but not so good that he can be relied upon to be the guy, especially once you take into account Lucks inconsistent ball placement on throws (which should get better but still...year 2), Everytime Luck throws to DHB fans have to constantly grit there teeth cause they dont know if he will catch it or let it slip through his fingers. we dont know if Brazill can be consistent, We need some form of insurance policy

Doesnt mean trading for a WR is a better option. Stick with what you have.

In this case picking up a new WR from a trade or free agency isnt much of a choice. Given the lack of depth, experience, or consistency on the current roster without Wayne, its a borderline necessity.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Blind faith is stupid without a plan in case that blind faith fails......I assure you if we go ahead with the group we have now.....we will slowly yet surely fail. TY is good but not so good that he can be relied upon to be the guy, especially once you take into account Lucks inconsistent ball placement on throws (which should get better but still...year 2), Everytime Luck throws to DHB fans have to constantly grit there teeth cause they dont know if he will catch it or let it slip through his fingers. we dont know if Brazill can be consistent, We need some form of insurance policy

Work with what you have is not phrase that our GM lives by.  He will make a move if he has the opportunity.

Let me get this straight

Colts trading a high pick for Nicks or Gordon makes our team better how?

Same goes for signing a veteran like Branch

WE DONT NEED THEM!

Luck was getting killed behind a trash line and ok corp of WR's.  Now he's gonna get killed behind a trash line, and a crap set of WR's.  

Guest TeamLoloJones

Let me get this straight

WE DONT NEED THEM!

My guess is you haven't seen Josh Gordon play.

Let me get this straight

WE DONT NEED THEM!

By providing depth and variation to our one dimentional and mediocre recieving corp, allowing Luck to air it out more by having a harder to cover group. All Indy has right now is a set of speedsters that are good but too inexperienced to mediocre.

You vastly underestimate how bad this recieving corp is without Wayne to draw coverage and make them better.

The bottom line is getting Nicks or Gordon will cost a 2nd most likely! Not worth it!

In Gordons case thats a 2nd rounder for a 22 year old who already has NFL experience and has proven hes already a #1. Thats more assurance than youll get from a 2nd round pick. Same age too.

Did actually read what you typed?

No one can work routes like Reggie, and he has some of the best hands in the league.

3rd most targeted WR since like 2010*, and he is targeted A LOT of times when Luck is under pressure. He also has caught the 3rd most 1st downs since Luck entered the league. He has been really important part of our success. That's something that may take time to adjust to.

Dude what? Are you responding to the wrong person? I don't think i quoted you...

Colts arent gonna take a WR in 2nd round. Only way that happens is if Watkins or another high pick falls. Not happening.

Then the pick is useless to us as without Wayne, WR is easily the weakest position on the team. Trade it and get a good WR that ensures you can not worry about it and build later.

Our WR corp is bad, and in a season where Indy is a contender, theres no room to be patient on still developing talent.

Just use the same logic you all preached and prayed when we acquired Trent... Will a late 2nd rounder, 3rd or even 4th be better than the player we could get with it? No probably not. 

some of us did not think that it was logical.......Cause it was illogical......It was a waste of a 1st rounder and I dont need to bring up Richardson play or numbers to justify that, Grigson chose to throw away a 1st round pick on a rb (whos position we know has a short career span) who will be asked to share carries....In other words we used a 1st round pick on a running back that seeks out contact at a position whos career span is usually short who will also be asked carries, No logic in that, Grigson got duped

Colts with Wayne isnt any different than having Nicks or Gordon. Doesnt make the team any better so why trade a high pick?

You arent thinking.

-Trade a high pick for a young, proven reciever to fill in this season

-If Reggie comes back next year and hes full health, you now have legitimate depth and 3 threats at WR, and do not need to re-sign DHB.

-If Reggie retires, you now have options to re-sign DHB, or take a gamble on one of the practice squad guys to accompany the guy you traded for and TY.

It doesnt just help the team, it gives them miles of leverage and adds to upside. If you cant see that, you're just plugging your ears and saying "lalalala"

Guest TeamLoloJones

We need to find out who's gonna replace Reggie in the long term.

Reggie was obviously Marvin's predessesor now we need to find the next one

Now the guys on Around the Horn are saying Colts might go after Josh Gordon.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Blah them Wilbon and Kornheiser are just throwing things out there giving true opinions, thats what that show is about

Just throwin it out there.  I never take anyone on espn seriously.  Except when Schefty has breaking news from his "source"

I'm only leary of Gordon because of his suspension history. 1 more time and he's done for a yr. he obviously hasn't learned his lesson yet and I'm not sure he will till it's taken away from him for a while. If we trade our 2nd for him and he get's busted again, then we've put ourselves in a really bad spot. 

Guest TeamLoloJones

I'm only leary of Gordon because of his suspension history. 1 more time and he's done for a yr. he obviously hasn't learned his lesson yet and I'm not sure he will till it's taken away from him for a while. If we trade our 2nd for him and he get's busted again, then we've put ourselves in a really bad spot. 

Yeah, but that also is the only thing keeping his value down.  If not for the possible suspension, then no one could get him for less than a first round pick.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Still not sure I would risk it. It could hurt us a lot more in the long run. 

Yeah it's a big risk...but Grigson tends to take risks.