Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone else notice Dungy also accidentally took a veiled shot at Manning?

jshipp23

He said that the only reason he could think of for Irsay making the comments was to make it such a big game that Peyton won't perform well....

He is basically admitting that Peyton has the tendency to choke in many big games with a lot of pressure and he knows better than anyone...

The 9-11 playoff record and sub-par stats even in the Super Bowl winning year speak to this fact even as most Colts fans remain in denial about this I am as big a fan as there is, but admit this is true as bad as I wish it wasn't....The interception in OT against the Ravens last year is just the latest example, and before you say he had it won and the defense should have stopped the Ravens , bottom line is he had the ball with a chance to win and threw a pick and it was yet another 1 and done....For this reason the more this game gets hyped up the more I like our chances to beat Denver, and I really like our chances come playoff time especially if we go there and it's a cold weather game....

Wow. Surprised Dungy said that. There is a small bit of truth to it though. Anybody that thinks otherwise is still drinking the Manning regular season Kool Aid. I posted in another thread earlier today That I thought the more hyped this game is could end up working in the Colts favor.

I think I'm going to take the rest of the week off...

See you guy's next week after all of this malarkey has passed

:nutz:

I was just about to write this. I'll see you all next Thursday. Cause the meltdown if we lose to Denver will be a big one.

All this shots taken at so & so is seriously childish

Having said the previous, Tony Kornheiser mentioned this on PTI tonight.

I'm amazed that the media hasn't descended upon Dungy for that tacit agreement. They probably won't because level of respect is so much higher for Dungy than it is for Irsay.

dungy is one of them now in terms of being in the media. You always protect your own. Irsay on the other hand is seen as a goof nationally making him an easy target.

How does 1 accidentally take shots at someone?

Don't make an ... out of yourself by assuming.

Dungy just can't tell a lie and he spoke truth without realizing what he said is what we all know and are too deep in denial to say....Basically he didn't mean to take a shot, but by saying what he said he actually took a shot....OK I'm done...