Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trent Richardson On Run Game

NCost12

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all about scheme..This is the NFL and if they know you are gonna run they will stop you unless you have an all-time great line which we don't...

Agreed, when he's lined up in 22 personnel it's not a surprise that we are running the ball. I think the Seattle game however did show even when he's not getting yards how much he tires a defense. The guy is hard to bring down.

Agreed, when he's lined up in 22 personnel it's not a surprise that we are running the ball. I think the Seattle game however did show even when he's not getting hard show much he tires a defense. The guy is hard to bring down.

When they ran him in 3 wide sets and they didn't know what was coming he was gashing them and almost broke a few..He is 22 225 lbs, shifty, powerful, and runs a 4.4. 40...Just wait and have your popcorn ready...Not even gonna mention learning a new playbook and unfamiliarity with the o-line..

When they ran him in 3 wide sets and they didn't know what was coming he was gashing them and almost broke a few..He is 22 225 lbs, shifty, powerful, and runs a 4.4. 40...Just wait and have your popcorn ready...Not even gonna mention learning a new playbook and unfamiliarity with the o-line..

Hey we took a RB with our first round pick, it's already popcorn time for you :P

I dont buy that unfamiliarity with the O Line one bit lol, Bradshaw had no OTA's TC or preseason to jell with the O Line, prior to his season ending injury that obviously did not hurt him. Now blocking has not been that great with Havili out for sure but great rb's can create and make something out of nothing

I dont buy that unfamiliarity with the O Line one bit lol, Bradshaw had no OTA's TC or preseason to jell with the O Line, prior to his season ending injury that obviously did not hurt him. Now blocking has not been that great with Havili out for sure but great rb's can create and make something out of nothing

Richardson doesn't need a fullback, has never played with 1 and it just gets in his way, when Pep figures this out you will see, I figured Stanford guys would be smart enough to realize this and I hope the 2nd half of the Seahawks game is a sign of things to come..I think he finally realized this, but I could be wrong..

2nd best RB in the league and when Pep learns how to play call in the NFL it's gonna be scary..Sometimes I dream about what Sean Payton would do with this offense...

Since when is a guy with a career 3.5 ypc the 2nd best RB in the league! In fact he's even doin worse with us than he did with Cleveland. I can't believe we gave up our Number 1 draft pick for Mr. 3 yards and a cloud of dust!

thats not true

maybe barry sanders.  but overall a rb's succes has a lot to do with the blocking.  he has to at least be given the ability to get to the 2nd level of a defense

thats not true

maybe barry sanders.  but overall a rb's succes has a lot to do with the blocking.  he has to at least be given the ability to get to the 2nd level of a defense

Maybe I should have said find a hole where the play was not directly supposed to go, Thats what I mean.

He started his first game 2 days after joining a new team, which is the only game Bradshaw and TRich played together and the only head to head comparison one can make.

I know Bradshaw wasn't practicing, but he probably got some walkthroughs and he certainly had the playbook for months.  Unfamiliarity may not explain his struggles in Cleveland (I'm going with broken ribs for more then half the season as my go-to excuse for that one), but playing meaningful snaps days after being acquited in a midseason trade is borderline unprecedented.

Maybe I should have said find a hole where the play was not directly supposed to go, Thats what I mean.

You're smarter than this Gavin...Of all people I thought you would see what we had in Richardson...I can't wait to see all the bandwagoners jump on when they utilize him properly..

He started his first game 2 days after joining a new team, which is the only game Bradshaw and TRich played together and the only head to head comparison one can make.

I know Bradshaw wasn't practicing, but he probably got some walkthroughs and he certainly had the playbook for months.  Unfamiliarity may not explain his struggles in Cleveland (I'm going with broken ribs for more then half the season as my go-to excuse for that one), but playing meaningful snaps days after being acquited in a midseason trade is borderline unprecedented.

Not too mention Cleveland is terrible and he was their only weapon and still had 11 tds with broken ribs and Weeden at QB//

You're smarter than this Gavin...Of all people I thought you would see what we had in Richardson...I can't wait to see all the bandwagoners jump on when they utilize him properly..

I think he will break out...no question about it but I dont think its just an O Line problem, I think its also a vision problem

trent struggles is do to how long he bin on team , some player take longer to pick up thing etc....he has bin here maybe not even one month , when u not thinking u play faster trust me i play football , boxing etc....when i have to think what im suppose to be doing or where the hole how fast is the full back how quick is the guard all that stuff matter this yr is a wash for trent for me really as long as he does his job get them tuff yrs and dont fumble the ball i dont care about his 3 ypc this yr , lynch average that in settle before and is only doing 4 ypc trent breaks one big run he is up to 4.1 , but i do has a little concern about his home runner hitting ability but u dont have to be a home run hitter to be a great back, but as i said next yr is when ill judge trent , but ill tell u this trent do face alot of stacked boxes which opens the pass game up look at the Seattle game that's how we beat them deep stacking the box so if nothing else he has value that doesnt show up in the box score kind of like the guy setting the edge to force the play back inside and the mlb gets the tackle or the guy who get pressure leading to and INT 

I think he will break out...no question about it but I dont think its just an O Line problem, I think its also a vision problem

yea the vision i think will solve its self when u dont have to think about what hole u are suppose to hit , u can become more natural cutting back etc... i think even doe we dont want to admit trent is like a rookie again so i think by the bye week we gonna see a big jump and next yr after full off season and ota's etc.. we will see the guy we thought he was gonna be , also remember it was a late forst round pick 25- 32 we gave up for trent basically a second round pick , and his impact of wearing def player out done show up in the box score but that is real stuff 3 and a cloud of dust adds up late in a game  :rulez:

He has 10 plays with Havili, but Havili isn't necessary..Trent needs no FB..

i dont know on the full back thing i played running back i love to run with a full back it helps me , my brother doesnt like running with a full back slows him down , but ap had his best yr running behind full back (that we had felton) after yrs with out a full back so i dont know