Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Top 15 Nicknames

nitecrawler

I like the list in the OP, but I was never really crazy about Mean Joe but loved Whiteshoes, I would add "Dandy Don", "Broadway Joe", "Nightrain", "Galloping Ghost", "Papa Bear" and "Roger the Dodger" . . .

Edited by Yehoodi

sounds like a twilight book.

no no no...this was long before the days of the Twilight craze :P No clue if you really know the meaning behind so if you do then I apologize for explaining, but for some of our younger viewers may not be aware...it was a reference to the Creedence Clearwater Revival song, Bad Moon Rising. :)

no no no...this was long before the days of the Twilight craze :P No clue if you really know the meaning behind so if you do then I apologize for explaining, but for some of our younger viewers may not be aware...it was a reference to the Creedence Clearwater Revival song, Bad Moon Rising. :)

I saw your post and knew the reference . . . CCR is my favorite musical group of all time . . .

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• First off.. Thanks Superman for writing this up on Young   I would be very happy with either Young or Stroud as our pick     In regards to Richardson   If teams trade up and both Young and Stroud are gone (I think its a small chance)   But.... If that happens, I would consider taking Richardson over Levis   at 4   I really dont want to give up 2 firsts and 2 2nds and a player for a move up to 1            
    • Yes.  I could be negative and see only how every Qb we take could bust...and with the questions each has any one of them could be a bust, but I look at this pretty optimistically.  We need a QB, and I think this draft presents a lot of possibilities and choices that could work out for the best.  Trade up for the elite guy and he works out.  Stand Pat for the second best guy and he works out.  Trade back and pick up a traitsy player who needs a year to develop in a year where we have no chance of going to the SB anyway.   There are about 5 or 6 QBs that could all work for us depending upon if the investment is correct.      As a fan, I can't see me criticizing any of the picks or moves Ballard makes this draft when it comes to QBs.  But, as a fan, I reserve the right to later say...."He should have known better" if it doesn't work out.  He's getting paid to know better.
    • This definitely makes sense. People seem fixated on Chicago taking Anderson or Carter. Poles has said his main objective has and will be to help Fields by surrounding him with talent. That starts up front. Even if they trade down in the top 4, I feel they will trade down again to stock picks. Anderson and Carter are nice players but I don't see Poles taking a risk on one player. He is more of the obtain more picks and increase chances of upgrading talent guy.
    • I don't accept your description that its trolling.  Trolling is intentionally saying something simply to stir the pot...to muck up the works.   If this got to a national level.... to a general football loving base, sports loving base, or general population, you don't know that the responses would be limited to just Colts fans.  You may have thousands of people who would see the Jeff hire as simply a rich white billionaire hiring is buddy over more qualified candidates.....maybe even minorities.....and would sign the petition to voice their concerns over such .    Which would be a concern to them beyond caring how many Ws and Ls Jeff might cause.     If Jeff is hired, there will be questions from general football fans, sports fans, or the population asking "What does this hire say about the NFL?"   I'd wager that the possibility of Irsay "hiring his buddy over other candidates" already has grated on enough people to contribute to their existing opinion about whether or not Jeff should be hired.    And this is the type of emotion the media morphs into and taps into.  Effectively, the media trolls the population trying to get them all triggered up.   Besides.  Petitions by their nature are one sided.  10,000 signatures may sound like a lot, but it may be less than the 11,000 votes that would support Jeff for HC if an actual poll was the medium used for fan expression.  Or less than the 150,000 opinions who are comfortable leaving it up to the owner to hire the HC he wants for the reasons he wants.  These opinions would never be known, because if you are comfortable leaving it up to the owner, you are the type of person who is not going to sign a petition in the first place.  Petitions are a form of activism, and most people aren't activists.  And most activists could care less if their opinion is in the minority, they just want their opinion to prevail.
    • If Ballard believed in Br that much he would have drafted him in R2at 53.  He was considered by some to be 1st R talent.  BR slid from where he was projected.  He was there and CB took him, but this certainly wasn’t the strategy .  We will wait until a projected 1st or 2nd rounder whom I really like slips to 77.    
  • Members