Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Baltimore Ravens release Brandon Stokley

mintor

tokley signed a one-year deal with the Ravens in the offseason, returning to the team with which he spent his first four seasons. The 37-year-old enjoyed his best years with Peyton Manning and the Indianapolis Colts, highlighted by 68 catches for 1,077 yards and 10 touchdowns in 2004. After leaving the Colts, played three seasons with the Denver Broncos

He's just not good any more.  Broncos would have kept him but you realize John Fox asked Peyton if he wanted him any longer and the answer must have been no.

I got the impression that he would have been back if they hadn't gotten Welker. His presence on the Broncos last year was in some sense a "finders fee" for helping bring Peyton along, but he also is/was bound to me vastly more effective playing with Peyton than with Flacco. There is a reason that he was out of the league before signing with Denver last year.

Wrong forum

Wrong Forum

Duplicate Post.

:rock: I pointed out a mistake! How many points do I get?

If you honestly want to help keep the forums organized, how about just clicking the report button? The Mods get notified directly and discretely so that they can fix it quickly and quietly - if they feel it's appropriate. Making posts about it (as you do at EVERY conceivable opportunity) accomplishes absolutely nothing unless a mod happens to eventually wander across it - by which point they'd have by definition already seen enough to make their own determination without the necessity of your post existing in the first place.

Of course your post might also leave the OP feeling foolish. Some might consider that petty and rude, but I'm sure that's not your objective, right?

Duplicate Post.

:rock: I pointed out a mistake! How many points do I get?

If you honestly want to help keep the forums organized, how about just clicking the report button? The Mods get notified directly and discretely so that they can fix it quickly and quietly - if they feel it's appropriate. Making posts about it (as you do at EVERY conceivable opportunity) accomplishes absolutely nothing unless a mod happens to eventually wander across it - by which point they'd have by definition already seen enough to make their own determination without the necessity of your post existing in the first place.

Of course your post might also leave the OP feeling foolish. Some might consider that petty and rude, but I'm sure that's not your objective, right?

Okay, sorry if it offended someone.

I don't mention it at every chance there is. Don't know why you think that.

No need to be that aggressive - you talk about me being rude, but you could yourself have expressed it a little less rude imo, as my intentions by no means was meant as an insult.

Okay, sorry if it offended someone.

I don't mention it at every chance there is. Don't know why you think that.

No need to be that aggressive - you talk about me being rude, but you could yourself have expressed it a little less rude imo, as my intentions by no means was meant as an insult.

Sorry - incidental contact. See PM.

I got the impression that he would have been back if they hadn't gotten Welker. His presence on the Broncos last year was in some sense a "finders fee" for helping bring Peyton along, but he also is/was bound to me vastly more effective playing with Peyton than with Flacco. There is a reason that he was out of the league before signing with Denver last year.

you're right. flacco can't thread the needle down the middle like manning can. stokes isn't going to win any jump balls

Joe Flacco is now has more wins over a 5 year period than any other quarterback in NFL history. He may not be flashy, but he leads his team to wins. Honestly, with all the Raven's turnover from last year's team, who would have expected them to be 3-2, and in first place in the AFC North. Even though the Ravens won the Super Bowl last year, all you heard about was the hot shot 49ers, and Kaepernick. We're used to it in Baltimore, no respect, but who cares, because it's only about winning games.

Do you believe Baltimore is going to make the playoffs this year...Crow...really?

Not really sure. The Steelers are done, and I don't think the Browns have the staying power. The Bengals really worry me as they are a very talented team. It is possible, but I'm not sure a wild card spot will come from the AFC North, so whoever wins, has to win the division. I think it's 50/50 that the Ravens win the division. If they don't it will probably be the Bengals resulting in the Ravens not making it. This team has so many new components, and has so many injuries, that it's hard to gauge if they can make the playoffs. I'm not trying to be wishy-washy, but it's a question I'm uncertain about. 

Denver should pick him up. Be another good option for Peyton.

The Ravens have alternated cutting and resigning TE Billy Bajema, and Stokely, as they have been short on tight ends and receivers. This mainly occurred because of many injuries and shortages of receivers against the Dolphins last week. No one is claiming either of these guys, so Harbaugh is treating these guys like triple A baseball players who are out of options, that no one is picking up. I don't think Denver needs Stokely, plus he is banged up again. 

The Ravens have alternated cutting and resigning TE Billy Bajema, and Stokely, as they have been short on tight ends and receivers. This mainly occurred because of many injuries and shortages of receivers against the Dolphins last week. No one is claiming either of these guys, so Harbaugh is treating these guys like triple A baseball players who are out of options, that no one is picking up. I don't think Denver needs Stokely, plus he is banged up again. 

That's true. I still like the idea of Stokely and Manning, just feels right.