Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jason's Dream 2012 Mock Draft

Why do we need any more LB's? The only problem I have with the current group is Kavell Conner in coverage, and Ernie Sims may take over as a starter for Conner.

Brackett's body is betraying him, and he may not be around much longer. Ernie Sims is pretty solid, but we only signed a one year deal. If he wants more money, we may part ways with him. That would make us a tad thin, both physically and from a roster standpoint, at the LB position. Angerer is doing good work in place of Brackett, but I'd like to see him back at his original position.

Brackett's body is betraying him, and he may not be around much longer. Ernie Sims is pretty solid, but we only signed a one year deal. If he wants more money, we may part ways with him. That would make us a tad thin, both physically and from a roster standpoint, at the LB position. Angerer is doing good work in place of Brackett, but I'd like to see him back at his original position.

I don't think Angerer is a very good OLB. He is more comfortable at his natural MLB position and he has played well there, better than I expected from him. He looks like he could be our MLB of the future after Brackett, but I like Philip Wheeler better at SLB than Angerer. Brackett probably doesn't want to play anywhere other than with the colts, so he could take a pay cut and provide solid depth at the LB position for us.

Edited by Ramblinwreck7

Just because I dabble in reality. My prediction: We won't be getting any of these players mentioned. Let alone the fabled "trade down" world where another team gives us the keys to their organization's draft picks for years to come.. come on, the Raiders have already traded away their 2012 NFL Draft picks.

Just because I dabble in reality. My prediction: We won't be getting any of these players mentioned. Let alone the fabled "trade down" world where another team gives us the keys to their organization's draft picks for years to come.. come on, the Raiders have already traded away their 2012 NFL Draft picks.

I realized the mistake about the Raiders not long after I posted but couldn't edit the post because someone had replied to it (new forum rule/feature). When I typed that I had quickly glanced at a draft order for 2012 and had it backwards, they traded away their 2nd round pick instead of gaining an additional one. At the time I posted though they still had their #1 pick. Now, after realizing the mistake I made initially and the fact that they also gave up their 1st round pick for Palmer, they're clearly no longer a potential trade partner.

Let alone the fabled "trade down" world where another team gives us the keys to their organization's draft picks for years to come

If Luck is as good as you think he is then why wouldn't a team pay a huge price to draft him? ;)

You know I heard a rumor that there are other quarterbacks in the draft other than Luck. Other quarterbacks that can also be.... successful.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is there is a 50/50 chance of Luck not turning out. Until I hear and see and that it is confirmed that Manning's career is over, why not try to put the final pieces around him and solidify the major holes in our roster. At least with Manning we know how good he can be.

Edited by AustinCollie17(Braxton B.)

You know I heard a rumor that there are other quarterbacks in the draft other than Luck. Other quarterbacks that can also be.... successful.

HEY....shhhhhh....you keep talking like that and the very fabric of some people's reality starts to completely unravel. It'll be total anarchy!

:D

I realized the mistake about the Raiders not long after I posted but couldn't edit the post because someone had replied to it (new forum rule/feature). When I typed that I had quickly glanced at a draft order for 2012 and had it backwards, they traded away their 2nd round pick instead of gaining an additional one. At the time I posted though they still had their #1 pick. Now, after realizing the mistake I made initially and the fact that they also gave up their 1st round pick for Palmer, they're clearly no longer a potential trade partner.

If Luck is as good as you think he is then why wouldn't a team pay a huge price to draft him? ;)

I was joking. You have good ideas for the team, i just think when all is said and done we hope for A and B and Polian will pick C. but we all wish for A, whatever that may be.

A more DB centered mock:

Round 1, pick 11: Brandon Thompson, DT Clemson -

Round 2, pick 1: Chase Minniefield, CB, Virgina -

Round 2, Pick 4: Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina -

Round 2, Pick 11: Nick Toon, WR, Wisconsin

Round 3, Pick 1: Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford - he's 6'6" 245 lbs, a great blocker and receiver and is said to be the 3rd fastest player on the Stanford team.

Round 4, Pick 1: Kevin Zeitler, OG, Wisconsin - he's 6'4" 318 lbs and Wisconsin and Stanford have probably the 2 best OL in college football.

Round 4, pick 4: Nick Foles, QB, Arizona - this all depends on where he winds up on the boards come draft day. He's currently projected lower but he's been rising up the rankings already through the first 5 weeks. IMO he winds up a solid 2nd round prospect but on current boards he's projected a 4th/5th round pick.

Round 4, pick 11: Harrison Smith, SS, Notre Dame -

Round 5, pick 1: William Vlachos, C, Alabama - 6'1" 295 lbs, plays for a very solid Alabama OL

Round 6, pick 1: Chris Galippo, MLB, USC

Round 7, pick 1: Derek Moye, WR, Penn State - 6'5" 215 lbs...needs to put on some muscle but could be a late round steal

A more DB centered mock:

Round 1, pick 11: Brandon Thompson, DT Clemson -

Round 2, pick 1: Chase Minniefield, CB, Virgina -

Round 2, Pick 4: Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina -

Round 2, Pick 11: Nick Toon, WR, Wisconsin

Round 3, Pick 1: Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford - he's 6'6" 245 lbs, a great blocker and receiver and is said to be the 3rd fastest player on the Stanford team.

Round 4, Pick 1: Kevin Zeitler, OG, Wisconsin - he's 6'4" 318 lbs and Wisconsin and Stanford have probably the 2 best OL in college football.

Round 4, pick 4: Nick Foles, QB, Arizona - this all depends on where he winds up on the boards come draft day. He's currently projected lower but he's been rising up the rankings already through the first 5 weeks. IMO he winds up a solid 2nd round prospect but on current boards he's projected a 4th/5th round pick.

Round 5, pick 1: William Vlachos, C, Alabama - 6'1" 295 lbs, plays for a very solid Alabama OL

Round 7, pick 1: Derek Moye, WR, Penn State - 6'5" 215 lbs...needs to put on some muscle but could be a late round steal

Nice draft. Who was your trade down partner the Eagles. Because That is what it would appear to be considering they are the only team with 2nd round picks and 2 4th round picks.

Another alternate version

Round 1, pick 11: Morris Claiborn, CB, LSU -

Round 2, pick 1: Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State – other alternatives Josh Chapman, DT, Alabama or Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis

Round 2, Pick 4: Tyler Eifert , TE Notre Dame – alternative would be Dwayne Allen TE Clemson

Round 2, Pick 11: Kelechi Osemele, OG, Georgia

Round 3, Pick 1: Cliff Harris CB Oregon – Alternate choice would be Coryell Judie CB Texas A&M

Round 4, Pick 1: Jeff Fuller, WR, Texas A&M – his stock has dropped…could rise back up the boards but there very likely will be a talented WR here due to the depth at WR for this draft

Nice draft. Who was your trade down partner the Eagles. Because That is what it would appear to be considering they are the only team with 2nd round picks and 2 4th round picks.

If you go back to the original post this scenario is based off of trading down twice, so the 2 additional 2nd and 4th round picks come from receiving one extra pick per round in each of the 2 trades. :)

One more very defense heavy:

Round 2, pick 1: Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State – other alternatives Josh Chapman, DT, Alabama or Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis

Round 2, Pick 4: Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin

Round 2, Pick 11: Kelechi Osemele, OG, Georgia –

Round 3, Pick 1: Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina

Round 4, Pick 1: Keenan Robinson, OLB, Texas

Round 4, pick 4: Jaye Howard, DT, Florida

Round 5, pick 1: James Michael-Johnson,. MLB, Nevada -

Round 6, pick 1: Jack Crawford, DE, Penn State

Coby Fleener, there will be at least 1 team that needs a TE that will take him in round 2, IMO. I do like the DB centric draft of yours better :).

He could very well go earlier...I'm just going by rankings that have Dwayne Allen, Tyler Eiffert and Orson Charles ranked above him...however these 3 guys are underclassmen so Fleener moves up for each one of these guys that stay in school. :)

Another alternate version

Round 2, Pick 4: Tyler Eifert , TE Notre Dame – alternative would be Dwayne Allen TE Clemson

Round 2, Pick 11: Kelechi Osemele, OG, Georgia

Round 3, Pick 1: Cliff Harris CB Oregon – Alternate choice would be Coryell Judie CB Texas A&M

Round 4, Pick 1: Jeff Fuller, WR, Texas A&M – his stock has dropped…could rise back up the boards but there very likely will be a talented WR here due to the depth at WR for this draft

Kelechi Osemele is the OT/G at Iowa State. I think he would be a great pick at RG to solidify our O-line.

The only thing I would change would be getting a SS earlier because I don't know much about Harrison Smith. I'd like to get either Ray Ray Armstrong or Mark Baron, whoever is better out of the 2.

Also I don't think I would pick Nick Foles because what would we do with Curtis Painter? We don't need 3 QB's on the roster and Painter looks like a good option as the #2 QB.

Edited by Ramblinwreck7

Kelechi Osemele is the OT/G at Iowa State. I think he would be a great pick at RG to solidify our O-line.

The only thing I would change would be getting a SS earlier because I don't know much about Harrison Smith. I'd like to get either Ray Ray Armstrong or Mark Baron, whoever is better out of the 2.

Also I don't think I would pick Nick Foles because what would we do with Curtis Painter? We don't need 3 QB's on the roster and Painter looks like a good option as the #2 QB.

That was clearly my bad on Osemele. I was looking at a list that had Cordy Glenn from Georgia right above Osemele so I must've just glanced over to check the school and looked at the wrong line. :)

If we don't take a SS early then I think Harrison Smith is a great mid round pick. He is a very good tackler and good in coverage as well. Reminds me a lot of John Lynch. I would definitely take Barron or Armstrong earlier...like I said this was just another alternate choice list. ;)

As for Foles...if they decide this is the year to draft the QB to groom behind Peyton then Foles is my favorite. I do think he'll probably move up the boards and wind up a 2nd round pick, especially if Arizona starts winning some games.

If they decide to keep Painter and not draft the future QB this year then I've got no problem adding another skill player in that draft spot. :)

That was clearly my bad on Osemele. I was looking at a list that had Cordy Glenn from Georgia right above Osemele so I must've just glanced over to check the school and looked at the wrong line. :)

If we don't take a SS early then I think Harrison Smith is a great mid round pick. He is a very good tackler and good in coverage as well. Reminds me a lot of John Lynch. I would definitely take Barron or Armstrong earlier...like I said this was just another alternate choice list. ;)

As for Foles...if they decide this is the year to draft the QB to groom behind Peyton then Foles is my favorite. I do think he'll probably move up the boards and wind up a 2nd round pick, especially if Arizona starts winning some games.

If they decide to keep Painter and not draft the future QB this year then I've got no problem adding another skill player in that draft spot. :)

Also, do you really think we need a TE? We've got a great blocker in Brody Eldrige, and we all know what Dallas Clark can do. If so, the guy I've heard the most about is your alternate choice, Dwayne Allen.

If we don't go TE in that situation then maybe that's where we could go SS.

Edited by Ramblinwreck7

Also, do you really think we need a TE? We've got a great blocker in Brody Eldrige, and we all know what Dallas Clark can do. If so, the guy I've heard the most about is your alternate choice, Dwayne Allen.

If we don't go TE in that situation then maybe that's where we could go SS.

No, I don't think we necessarily need a TE this year...Fleener is more a luxury pick. However, TE is going to become an area of need soon because Clark is 32 and his inconsistency this year is concerning. Add to that he and Tamme neither one are all that great at blocking..each have their moments but overall they're average at best. Fleener is a much better blocker and I would say close to equal in receiving ability and he's also 6'6" with great speed. Eldridge is a good blocker but will never be much of a threat receiving.

That said though I would have no problem replacing Fleener and not taking a TE this year but I'd if so I'd like to get either Zac Ertz (Stanford has some great TE's) or Tyler Eifert (who would be eligible for 2012 but he's a sophomore so could very well stay in school) or someone comparable when they come out of college.

I like the pick of Harrison Smith..

..but I would take Boise State's Kellen Moore....because he understands offensive football so well...

I think he would play very well in the Colts offensive system and would have the mental capacity to

adapt to almost everything Manning does......//I dont see that in Andrew Luck...who is more pure athlete..

Moore is Manning, Tom Brady or Drew Brees....prcise....Luck is Rivers, Elway...Farve....gunslinger

No, I don't think we necessarily need a TE this year...Fleener is more a luxury pick. However, TE is going to become an area of need soon because Clark is 32 and his inconsistency this year is concerning. Add to that he and Tamme neither one are all that great at blocking..each have their moments but overall they're average at best. Fleener is a much better blocker and I would say close to equal in receiving ability and he's also 6'6" with great speed. Eldridge is a good blocker but will never be much of a threat receiving.

That said though I would have no problem replacing Fleener and not taking a TE this year but I'd if so I'd like to get either Zac Ertz (Stanford has some great TE's) or Tyler Eifert (who would be eligible for 2012 but he's a sophomore so could very well stay in school) or someone comparable when they come out of college.

I'm sure Fleener is a good blocker and all, but as good as Clark at receiving? What about Dwayne Allen out of Clemson. Also I remember hearing that LSU's TE was a good receiver, but I forgot his name.

Again, it's much simpler than that: no other player, regardless of grade, would cost us that much money to sit and do nothing for 4 years. We would be purposely paying a guy to not contribute. It's not like paying someone and they get hurt. We would actually be paying a guy to walk the sideline with no intent of having him contribute anything for several years.

That is the definition of foolish. That is nothing short of a gigantic waste. It's like saying, "well, we can't use him, but we definitely don't want anyone else to have him...."

He won't be sitting for 4 years. Peyton is not going to get better over the remainging years if he plays at all. You give Luck a couple of seasons of learning and come 2014 he is your starting QB.

One more very defense heavy:

Round 2, Pick 4: Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin

Round 2, Pick 11: Kelechi Osemele, OG, Georgia –

Round 3, Pick 1: Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina

Round 4, Pick 1: Keenan Robinson, OLB, Texas

Round 4, pick 4: Jaye Howard, DT, Florida

Round 5, pick 1: James Michael-Johnson,. MLB, Nevada -

Round 6, pick 1: Jack Crawford, DE, Penn State

I'm sorry but if the Colts waste a top pick on a CB...Both Polians need to be ran out of town. You don't waste a top pick like that on a player who at best will only see about 20% of actual game action during a game.

Edited by dn4192

I'm sorry but if the Colts waste a top pick on a CB...Both Polians need to be ran out of town. You don't waste a top pick like that on a player who at best will only see about 20% of actual game action during a game.

Based on the time of possession stats this year, which is 24 on offense to 36 min. on defense, which means the defense is on the field about 60% of the time approx. A starting CB or a #2 CB will see about 90% of the defensive snaps which would mean 54% of actual game action.

Even if Peyton comes back and our offense stays on the field longer to give us a 30-30 TOP stat, 90% of the 50% comes to around 45% of actual game action for a #1 or #2 CB. So, a CB pick outside the top 10, which was the case above, is definitely justified, IMO. Inside the top 10, if they perceive value for a QB or starting WR to replace Wayne, I am sure the Polians would not hesitate to pull the trigger as well.

Based on the amount of game action seen, the Polians should have been run out of town for picking Jerry Hughes and Donald Brown in round 1 already :) over a few years. Just saying. The draft is an inexact science and is a lot of times based on potential for that person to be a starter for years to come down the road. It took Freeney about mid-season before he cracked the starting line up in 2002 and started making plays, he was drafted No.11, where this guy has mocked the CB as well.

Edited by chad72

Based on the time of possession stats this year, which is 24 on offense to 36 min. on defense, which means the defense is on the field about 60% of the time approx. A starting CB or a #2 CB will see about 90% of the defensive snaps which would mean 54% of actual game action.

Even if Peyton comes back and our offense stays on the field longer to give us a 30-30 TOP stat, 90% of the 50% comes to around 45% of actual game action for a #1 or #2 CB. So, a CB pick outside the top 10, which was the case above, is definitely justified, IMO. Inside the top 10, if they perceive value for a QB or starting WR to replace Wayne, I am sure the Polians would not hesitate to pull the trigger as well.

Based on the amount of game action seen, the Polians should have been run out of town for picking Jerry Hughes and Donald Brown in round 1 already :) over a few years. Just saying. The draft is an inexact science and is a lot of times based on potential for that person to be a starter for years to come down the road. It took Freeney about mid-season before he cracked the starting line up in 2002 and started making plays, he was drafted No.11, where this guy has mocked the CB as well.

How many +1's can I give YOU for THAT? :D Well the answer right now would be zero because I've reached my limit but rest assured I will be back once the counter resets. :D

How many actual plays would said CB be involved in? He may be on the field, but how many times has the QB thrown his way, how many tackles was he involved in and such. I mean I don't see many highlight reels that often of CB...

Oh. my. gosh. Do you even know what your talking about? The last time the colts spent top picks on CB's, specifically rounds 1 and 2, we actually had a very good pass defense. And 20%? Where do you get that number from?

Oh. my. gosh. Do you even know what your talking about? The last time the colts spent top picks on CB's, specifically rounds 1 and 2, we actually had a very good pass defense. And 20%? Where do you get that number from?

he pulled it from out of........the sky ;D

A week or so back i made a mock...now after another sleepless night or 2 thinking about the 2012 colts i made some changes. again using your picks.

Round 1, pick 11: Manti Te'o. Last time i had Burfict here but after your comment I did some more research and PVRd all the Notre Dame games i could and this guy looks like the classic cover 2 LB. Instant starter, instant upgrade.

Round 2, pick 1: Ryan Broyles. Dont see reggie coming back. 2 inches away from being the best receiver in the draft.

Round 2, Pick 4: Stephon Gilmore. OR best DB available with this pick.

Round 2, Pick 11: Mark Barron. SS that can play in the box and allow Bethea to play center field. OR best DB available again.

Round 3, Pick 1: RGB 3. This kid may be the 3rd best QB in the draft. Why he slides here is beyond me but nobody seems to be talkin about him. regardless im sold on him as the future QB for the colts after Manning.

Round 4, Pick 1: Best OG available.

In FA colts grab Paul Soliai who i believe will walk from the dolphins. A true NT may want a nice paycheck but not huge. Plus he would be an instant starter and contributor opposed to a few years it would take with drafting a player.

That shores up the front 7 with a quality LB and NT. The back end with a quality DB and run stopping SS. Gives us the replacement for Reggie or if Reggie resigns more depth plus returner. The QB for the future and hopefully a solid guard. I know, I know i should be GM haha. All jokes aside the colts have potential to have a great offseason coming up.

I'll use your picks, but your alternate draft is very similar to mine with a few changes.

Round 1, Pick 11: Morris Claiborne, CB LSU - Claiborne is my favorite CB in this class, and he has played extrememly well this year for the top ranked LSU Tigers.

Round 2, Pick 1: Jerel Worthy, DT Michigan State - He looks like a great fit to play NT for the colts as he is good at occupying blockers with the potential to become a great inside pass rusher.

Round 2, Pick 4: Ray Ray Armstrong, SS Miami - A very athletic playmaker at SS.

Round 2, Pick 11: Kelechi Osemele, OT/G Iowa State - Osemele is a massive road grader in the running game at 6'5" 335 lbs and is a good pass blocker as well. He is athletic for his size and plays LT for Iowa State. He will probably move to RT or G in the NFL. I am picking him to play RG for the colts next year.

Round 3, Pick 1: Stephon Gilmore, CB South Carolina - Gilmore goes up against Alshon Jeffery in practice and is a very talented CB. I don't know if he will fall this far though.

Round 4, Pick 1: Jeff Fuller, WR Texas A&M - If Jeff Fuller doesn't drop this far, then I would pick him with the 1st pick of the 3rd round.

Round 4, Pick 4: Keenan Robinson, OLB Texas - Adding depth and size to the linebacker core seems like a good idea to me.

Round 4, Pick 11: Cyrus Gray, RB Texas A&M - I have no idea where Cyrus Gray will be picked, but we will need a 3rd RB if we don't keep Donald Brown. Gray is an explosive runningback, but I have seen him projected from the 1st round up to the middle rounds if I am remembering right.

After the first 4 rounds, I don't know much about the rest of the prospects so I will just leave them blank.

Edited by Ramblinwreck7

How many actual plays would said CB be involved in? He may be on the field, but how many times has the QB thrown his way, how many tackles was he involved in and such. I mean I don't see many highlight reels that often of CB...

If the QB isn't throwing his way then I guess he's doing his job eh?? Also Cb's don't need tackles to be considered good...look at asante samuel. And btw morris claiborne has plenty of highlight reels at lsu. He's a playmaker who is good against the run. <----That should give some tackle stats for you....

I'll use your picks, but your alternate draft is very similar to mine with a few changes.

Round 1, Pick 11: Morris Claiborne, CB LSU - Claiborne is my favorite CB in this class, and he has played extrememly well this year for the top ranked LSU Tigers.

Round 2, Pick 1: Jerel Worthy, DT Michigan State - He looks like a great fit to play NT for the colts as he is good at occupying blockers with the potential to become a great inside pass rusher.

Round 2, Pick 4: Ray Ray Armstrong, SS Miami - A very athletic playmaker at SS.

Round 2, Pick 11: Kelechi Osemele, OT/G Iowa State - Osemele is a massive road grader in the running game at 6'5" 335 lbs and is a good pass blocker as well. He is athletic for his size and plays LT for Iowa State. He will probably move to RT or G in the NFL. I am picking him to play RG for the colts next year.

Round 3, Pick 1: Stephon Gilmore, CB South Carolina - Gilmore goes up against Alshon Jeffery in practice and is a very talented CB. I don't know if he will fall this far though.

Round 4, Pick 1: Jeff Fuller, WR Texas A&M - If Jeff Fuller doesn't drop this far, then I would pick him with the 1st pick of the 3rd round.

Round 4, Pick 4: Keenan Robinson, OLB Texas - Adding depth and size to the linebacker core seems like a good idea to me.

Round 4, Pick 11: Cyrus Gray, RB Texas A&M - I have no idea where Cyrus Gray will be picked, but we will need a 3rd RB if we don't keep Donald Brown. Gray is an explosive runningback, but I have seen him projected from the 1st round up to the middle rounds if I am remembering right.

After the first 4 rounds, I don't know much about the rest of the prospects so I will just leave them blank.

Very nice...here I'll finish it off :)

Round 5, Pick 1: Jack Crawford, DE Penn State..6'5" 273 lbs

Round 6: Pick 1: Jerry Franklin, MLB Arkansas...6'1" 245 lbs

Round 7 Pick 1: Derek Moye, WR Penn State....6'5" 215 lbs

Edited by Jason

Very nice...here I'll finish it off :)

Round 5, Pick 1: Jack Crawford, DE Penn State..6'5" 273 lbs

Round 6: Pick 1: Jerry Franklin, MLB Arkansas...6'1" 245 lbs

Round 7 Pick 1: Derek Moye, WR Penn State....6'5" 215 lbs

Just adding this WR to your list of WRs to consider: his name is Lance Lewis of East Carolina - 6'3", 209, 4.5 speed. Yeah, the same school as Chris Johnson but it is still Division I.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/college_big_board_scouting_reports.html&position=wr&startrow=10

Scouting Report:

Lewis looks bigger and thicker than his frame would indicate. He's a sneaky quick receiver off the line with good coordination and has enough short area quickness to get corners off balance in press-man and get into is route. He lacks a great first step, doesn't have "plus" initial explosion and isn't going to run away from defenders initially down the field. However, he builds speed as he goes and, despite not looking that fast, has that sneaky extra gear when tracking the football. He doesn't gain a ton of separation vertically, but locates the ball well, adjusts extremely well to the play and is natural catching the football over his outside shoulder even with defenders draped on him. He's a naturally strong kid who can fend off corners in jump ball situations. He also maintains balance when asked to adjust, using his big frame to box out defensive backs and attack the football at its highest point. He plays big in jump ball situations and will protect his quarterback.

Lewis exhibits plus balance and coordination as a route runner as well. He does a nice job keeping his feet under him cleanly/sharply getting out of his breaks on inward breaking routes. He lacks a great burst, though, and isn't going to create a ton of separation. However, he uses his body well to box out receivers, extending his long arms and naturally plucking off his frame. He's coordinated enough to adjust to throws off his frame and he will go get the football. He displays natural physicality to his game after the catch, but isn't a burner or huge make-you-miss guy. He will get after it in the run game and with a strong, compact frame, he likes to be physical and is a nasty crack-back blocker.

Impression: A big guy who can line up both inside and out, cleanly get out of his breaks and track the football. Lewis isn't overly dynamic, but has good play speed tracking the football and is guy who could mature into a starter, but more so as a prominent reserve.