Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Realistic FA's for Colts Needed

FaulknDeep

Guys and Gals.. tho having a SS added and possible DT as well, our Colts should make offers to LeRon Mclain and Little Stevie Slaton

Both would come cheap and instantly make a difference on our team. Colts can't afford to give JAddai what he is going to want.

FaulkYouLater :banana:

although they signed melvin bullitt i think we could use another veteran safety. donte whitner or gerald sensabaugh would solidify the safety position. and i think we still need a force against the run. mebane would be great but i doubt that we can afford him. he propable will end somewhere else.

although they signed melvin bullitt i think we could use another veteran safety. donte whitner or gerald sensabaugh would solidify the safety position. and i think we still need a force against the run. mebane would be great but i doubt that we can afford him. he propable will end somewhere else.

I wonder if there's anything we can do though. Maybe tell Muir no, and let them Broncos (who are high on MeBane) start a bidding war on him. Then we slip in and get them on the other side with MeBane.

Them going after MeBane makes me really hate there draft. I had them mocked to draft Darius, but of course they get a 3-4 type olb...

Dante Whitner would be Awesome, you all know at least 1 of our Safeties are gonna get injured this year. Sorry to say it folks, and I don't mean to Jinx us. But let's look at our Injury history. I would also love Slaton!!!!!!!!!

I've heard through the grapevine that we've showed some interest in Ronnie Brown... Not sure how true it is, but if it is, that's a tough call. Addai fits our system better, but Brown is the better pure runner and he could make more out of whatever tiny holes our O-line is able to open for him than Addai can.

We've re-signed Bullitt so any safeties we sign are just depth and will prolly just be UDFA.

I've been saying Donte Whitner since I heard he was a FA.....Should the Colts consider a vet LB as well? I saw someone on another thread says that the Jags are going after Session.

Tania Ganguli reports that the Jaguars are in serious talks with Clint Session.

& Jags already got Bills Posluszny

My link

I actually think the Colts should look at James Jones from the Packers a little. He's a little inconsistent with catching, but he's no worse than Garcon is. Face it...Collie is likely one big hit away from another concussion, and Jones could compete with Garcon to play outside opposite Wayne. IDK. I just feel like we need another competent receiver, with Collie's health issue. Wayne's getting old, but is still good...Collie may not last long, and as much as I like him, Blair White just wont cut it. That leaves us with Garcon. Good...could be great if he didn't look away from the ball when he's wide open to see how far he can run, dag gummit!

To be honest, though...I just want to see the names Joseph Addai and Peyton Manning to show up when my iphone gives me an ESPN alert today....blah