Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ALDON SMITH SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY

SilentHill

He shouldn't have been in the game to begin with. As for Smith's performance, you have to wonder if all this hoopla effected his mentality and level of play. Hate to say but Castonzo isn't exactly a stellar LT, so to have Castonzo shutdown one of the best pass rushers in the league is a shock.

The title and many comments here refer to him being suspended, and/or suggest that it was unfair that he played against the Colts. However the article makes it clear that he wasn't suspended - he's taking a leave of absence to voluntarily enter a treatment program.

Perhaps the league might have taken action anyway, and maybe they still will, but that's not what this is about. The guy appears to have a problem and the team is trying to help him - despite the negative consequences to the team.

It's hard to fathom that all of this wouldn't have had some impact on his performance today.

For the record, I do sincerely hope Aldon gets his issues under control. The majority of my scorn in this is towards the 49ers organization for not manning up and handling this properly. I would hope that if a Colt did the same thing, with the same history, that we wouldn't let him play 2 days after the fact. And if we did let him, I'd be calling them out just as bad. Sending him to rehab after the fact is almost like insult to injury even if it is for his good.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Well, I'm a happy camper.  For the first time in 8 drafts, we have what looks to be a near-elite QB, LT, and EDGE on board now than at anytime since.  Sure things may not work out with individual players, but these are the best young prospects...taken with proper capital....that I can remember since we had an older Luck, AC, and Mathis.     And now the WR room also looks like it should, compared to what it looked like during the Rivers/Wentz/Ryan years.  OMG.   As I said.  I'm finally a happy camper in terms of structure.  Now lets see the wins....and I'll have some patience since those guys are young.
    • I think LB is definitely diminished, but I don't think we have enough info on this to know just how much it's diminished in the eyes of the Colts. It would be interesting to hear Ballard talk about it, but none of us are in the press room. The way the board fell, I thought maybe there was a chance that Edgerrin Cooper would be the pick at #46, but the Packers took him at #45.    I also think each draft has it's own strengths and weaknesses, and the way the draft goes can dictate how you allocate resources. So Ballard not taking a LB on Day 2 doesn't mean he doesn't view the position as worthy of Day 2 investment. However, the Colts have not taken a LB type on Day 2 since 2019; maybe that's because they had a nice stable of guys already, maybe it's because they view the position as devalued, maybe both? Not sure.   Another thing, if they are looking more for hybrid S/LB types to play Mike/Will in this defense, then that probably takes a premium off those players in the draft. Tweener types that other teams view as too slow to play safety, too small to play LB, those are Day 3 prospects. And maybe there's a market inefficiency there, if you can identify and convert the right guys. We'll see how it works. The fact that Richard Smith and Cato June are running the LB room makes me think there might be something to it.   Carlies: 6'2 5/8", 227 pounds, 34.25" arms, 4.5 forty, 1.56 10 yard split, 32.5" vertical, 10'5" broad, RAS 9.53, drafted at #151 Cooper: 6'1 1/8", 230 pounds, 34" arms, 4.51 forty, 1.54 10 yard split, 34.5" vertical, 9'1" broad, RAS 9.34, drafted at #45   Very similar athletic profiles, one was available 100 picks later. Doesn't mean Carlies is as good of a prospect as Cooper, but for a team that loves traits anyways, it's an interesting way to try to maximize some value at a position that is viewed as less premium, but still important in this defensive scheme. 
    • Talk about a golden opportunity squandered. Race out to a 10 point lead and then let them come back and blow us out because we can’t try any harder than we did to score when the 3s stop falling. Just absolutely ridiculous. Lillard is going to be back Thursday in all likelihood, and there’s no good spin on that.   We’re * around now, and we’re gonna find out if we let it go to Saturday. 
    • That's fair.  I'd probably change my mind if it was another great.   I do like what dallas does with 88 but it is risky.   the player has to be exceptional.
  • Members