Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pagano Call On Extra Point

dw49

I think this was the logic.  The Colts go up 13 there with very little time left and only one time out for the 49ers and all the momentum is on your side.  If you go for it and don't get it that would give the 49ers a lift.  I think the Colts felt better just taking the 13 point lead and trusting their D rather than maybe giving the 49ers any kind of chance to get momentum on their side. 

More proof that even when the Colts win and play nearly a perfect game that some fans will STILL find something to complain about it...

:thmup:   I personally will enjoy this win & have nothing to complain about this was a upset & it was a great game , Complaining about a 2 pointer is just ridiculous  IMO . At least enjoy the win for a hour or 2 .. :applause:

yep, some folks are just miserable regardless of the situation

I completely disagree.  I was curious at the time, it seems to me that the logical choice would have been to go for two.  That would have put the Colts up by 2 Tds.  The way the defense was playing I did not think it would matter, but you never know.

I completely disagree.  I was curious at the time, it seems to me that the logical choice would have been to go for two.  That would have put the Colts up by 2 Tds.  The way the defense was playing I did not think it would matter, but you never know.

I agree.  I don't think we're complaining about it (I'm not), I'm just curious.  I'm sure the sheet says to go for 2 in that situation.

Great that it didn't matter at all.

So tired of these so called colts fans finding a way to complain even though we played arguably our most complete game all around IMO. Quit finding ways to complain and just be satisfied for once.

If you read a few posts you'd see no one is complaining.  We're discussing it.  We're wondering what prompted the call.

Hope that's okay.  I'd hate to lose my Colts fan card that I've had since Johnny Unitas played.

So tired of these so called colts fans finding a way to complain even though we played arguably our most complete game all around IMO. Quit finding ways to complain and just be satisfied for once.

so you mean now isn't a good time to point out that I am not happy with the amount of grass stains on our guys today?  Someone better fire the Laundry guy!

More proof that even when the Colts win and play nearly a perfect game that some fans will STILL find something to complain about it...

He's just discussing an aspect of the game, and very respectfully so. It wasn't a "compliant"....... OP was just pointing out an interesting point to today's game. 

I'm starting to think you're Jim Irsay. 

Edited by Nadine
personal shot

It wasn't a complaint. We talk football here, not kiss Colts butt just for the blind thrill of blue paint on our lips. 

It wasn't a complaint. We talk football here, not kiss Colts butt just for the blind thrill of blue paint on our lips. 

It goes beyond talking football and I see it EVERY week no matter what...... Complaints about everything the organization does, how players play, and decisions by coaches (even if we win). How about not starting a thread on a negative note and praising all of the guys that stepped up BIG today. That is all I am saying on this subject. Get offended if you want, I don't care. Some people on this forum are lousy fans and you can ban me for saying the truth if you want to.

yep, some folks are just miserable regardless of the situation

You need to communicate with people on your own level. I think other than a few others , everyone here knew I had no complaints. I gave him a pass saying he was probably too excited to think it out properly. BTWS... do I need to explain to you why you would go for two ? 

It goes beyond talking football and I see it EVERY week no matter what...... Complaints about everything the organization does, how players play, and decisions by coaches (even if we win). How about not starting a thread on a negative note and praising all of the guys that stepped up BIG today. That is all I am saying on this subject. Get offended if you want, I don't care. Some people on this forum are lousy fans and you can ban me for saying the truth if you want to.

How dare we discuss what needs to be worked on!.......you know.......like coaches do as well....

Of coarse not a complaint. Just talking football and btw.. teams have scored 2 TD's in 4 minutes before. Pretty bad call yo go for 1.

See post 24

I think this was the logic.  The Colts go up 13 there with very little time left and only one time out for the 49ers and all the momentum is on your side.  If you go for it and don't get it that would give the 49ers a lift.  I think the Colts felt better just taking the 13 point lead and trusting their D rather than maybe giving the 49ers any kind of chance to get momentum on their side. 

Oh my lord in heaven. Are you really serious ? LOL

Who the # do you think you are dictating whom is, and is not, a lousy fan? 

You need to communicate with people on your own level. I think other than a few others , everyone here knew I had no complaints. I gave him a pass saying he was probably too excited to think it out properly. BTWS... do I need to explain to you why you would go for two ?

i think chuck knows the team and situations better than anyone here