Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

why do I know how to fix the OL and the coaches don't...

ruf

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It doesn't matter what you do. You can pick any OL in the NFL and Luck's slow release and inability to read defenses quickly and not be able to hit check down receivers will mean that he will ALWAYS be pressured and give up a lot of sacks. He can still be a very good QB that way, look at Big Ben. But a thing of beauty who gets rid of the ball quickly and hopes that the defense blitzes him, he will never be.

694.png

Looks like we have that guy again...

It is absolutely baffling to me how you haven't been banned yet. Some of the dumbest posts in the history of this forum have came from your keyboard. Please just go join the Broncos forum and quit pretending to be a Colts fan.

You would think at least one of his 2-3 accounts would be banned by the point. Although if you call him on it he will argue with himself, so there is humor to be found in that.

Translation:

I hate Andrew Luck and will bash him every chance I get because we cut Peyton Manning (who, himself, was unsure he'd be the same player ever again) to draft him.

Seriously i dont know why these posters dont just go root for the Broncos and be happy instead of bitter and negative on this board.

He's totally transparent with his attempts. I can even add more to that without getting myself banned ;)

It doesn't matter what you do. You can pick any OL in the NFL and Luck's slow release and inability to read defenses quickly and not be able to hit check down receivers will mean that he will ALWAYS be pressured and give up a lot of sacks. He can still be a very good QB that way, look at Big Ben. But a thing of beauty who gets rid of the ball quickly and hopes that the defense blitzes him, he will never be.

It is absolutely baffling to me how you haven't been banned yet. Some of the dumbest posts in the history of this forum have came from your keyboard. Please just go join the Broncos forum and quit pretending to be a Colts fan. 

Watch the games again..  and again.  and again...  

SS is a MAJOR .................   He is just not good.      Same for McGo-By-Me...      Luck is getting ATTACKED str8 up the gut.    The O WILL NOT work if this is not cured.    And Donald B on a crucial 4th and ...     is not the answer when a block may be needed,.

holmes needs the season to learn and get stronger.  satele is the best option this season

Thanks for that.....         :facepalm:

You do know that "never" is a very, very, very, very long time.   Always dangerous to deal in absolutes  like "never"....

Translation:

I hate Andrew Luck and will bash him every chance I get because we cut Peyton Manning (who, himself, was unsure he'd be the same player ever again) to draft him.

Seriously i dont know why these posters dont just go root for the Broncos and be happy instead of bitter and negative on this board.

I do root for the Broncos (Peyton really) but I am a Colts fan and what I said here was true whether you believe it or not.

Edited by Superman

It is frustrating... 

But my anxiety comes from the fact that I know Indy plays .......   6 of the next 9 on the road.

And the fact that they will play 4 of the BEST football teams in the NFL in that span....

Feeling Cavalier is fine but this team needs to get a sense of URGENCY quick.  

@SF

@Jax

SEATTLE

@SD

DENVER

@HOU

StL

@TENN

@ARIZONA

I can't believe this is only the first loss of the season..

It is frustrating...

But my anxiety comes from the fact that I know Indy plays ....... 6 of the next 9 on the road.

And the fact that they will play 4 of the BEST football teams in the NFL in that span....

Feeling Cavalier is fine but this team needs to get a sense of URGENCY quick.

@SF

@Jax

SEATTLE

@SD

DENVER

@HOU

StL

@TENN

@ARIZONA

gonna be a rough stretch for sure. But it would be for any team

This is comical, if it is the reality of the situation.         SS is probably the absolute WORST C in the NFL.  

AQ was the OBVIOUS better player last season and Grigs let AQ go?    Money?   All the moves the the most "simple" of all to many Grigs totally BLOWS on. 

Oh welll.. 

holmes needs the season to learn and get stronger.  satele is the best option this season

I haven't been banned because I have a legitimate view and I am always polite to everyone even when attacked. If you don't agree with what I say, you have an ignore function you can use. I am a Peyton fan, not a Bronco fan. The team I root for is the Colts. I am not a cheerleader and I watch with a critical eye. The things I said are true and there are many here who note that this is Luck's biggest problem.

Edited by Superman

Yep, but the Miami game was HUGE if anyone is thinking playoffs. 

Pre season, I felt Indy's schedule was a tad "soft" .....    >>  oops.

TODAY...    Indy has a GUANTLET in front of them.    Jax is the easiest W, and we all know the Jags play Indy tougher than any team on the schedule.      This could get really ugly, real fast.

But what the hey?   Indy NEEDS a STUD OT or DE???     

Sigh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  

gonna be a rough stretch for sure. But it would be for any team

Pre season, I felt Indy's schedule was a tad "soft" .....    >>  oops.

TODAY...    Indy has a GUANTLET in front of them.    Jax is the easiest W, and we all know the Jags play Indy tougher than any team on the schedule.      This could get really ugly, real fast.

But what the hey?   Indy NEEDS a STUD OT or DE???     

Sigh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  

They've gotta step up for sure. Going to have to fight for playoffs this year.

Pre season, I felt Indy's schedule was a tad "soft" ..... >> oops.

TODAY... Indy has a GUANTLET in front of them. Jax is the easiest W, and we all know the Jags play Indy tougher than any team on the schedule. This could get really ugly, real fast.

But what the hey? Indy NEEDS a STUD OT or DE???

Sigh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I'm not writing off the playoffs yet, but losing to the phins makes things much harder. Have to win atleast four of six in the division then five more. Looking at the schedule its not gonna be easy

This is comical, if it is the reality of the situation.         SS is probably the absolute WORST C in the NFL.  

AQ was the OBVIOUS better player last season and Grigs let AQ go?    Money?   All the moves the the most "simple" of all to many Grigs totally BLOWS on. 

Oh welll.. 

i agree shipley was better.  that said, satele is better than holmes at this point

Now hold on....   

When indy is in a JUMBO formation how many WR's are on the field?

Indy likes the JUMBO formation, and it includes a FB and ONE WR on the field.

That means that one or TWO of TY and DHB are ON THE BENCH in favor of Stan H and the JUMBO formation?

That is just the start of MY issues with Pep and his O......           

The problem isn't Lucks release, it's him holding the ball because of either coverage, having to scramble or not making the right read. This past week it was more coverage and not making the right read. Week one it was more protection and coverage.

The problem isn't Lucks release, it's him holding the ball because of either coverage, having to scramble or not making the right read. This past week it was more coverage and not making the right read. Week one it was more protection and coverage.

i have a question. How do you know he wansnt making the correct read?

Thanks for that.....         :facepalm:

You do know that "never" is a very, very, very, very long time.   Always dangerous to deal in absolutes  like "never"....

Yes, and I agree with. I retract the word never as an overstatement but the rest of what I said is right on the money. It is a big hitch in Luck's get-a-long. Thanks for pointing out how wrong "never" was.

Edited by Superman

He doesn't...     Andrew Luck IS this team's only chance to win.

We all know it....    Critiquing Luck is easy when the man has nearly no room for error.

Indy fans have been through this song and dance before.

Luck has one of the quickest releases in the NFL, Aaron Rodgers may be the only one quicker.

Release isn't the problem. It is how long he takes before he decides to make a pass. When he makes that decision, his speed of release is fine. He can't get it out of his hand because he holds on too long trying to get to his primary receiver and he just doesn't take the check down.

Edited by Superman

Look at the Reggie interception. Griff was open on a more intermediate route over the middle. Right read is to make the throw to the open guy underneath and live to see another down in a tightly contested game.

He doesn't... Andrew Luck IS this team's only chance to win.

We all know it.... Critiquing Luck is easy when the man has nearly no room for error.

Indy fans have been through this song and dance before.

yeah, unless you have and understand the playbook and the progressions of the play, its impossible to know

Now hold on....

When indy is in a JUMBO formation how many WR's are on the field?

Indy likes the JUMBO formation, and it includes a FB and ONE WR on the field.

That means that one or TWO of TY and DHB are ON THE BENCH in favor of Stan H and the JUMBO formation?

That is just the start of MY issues with Pep and his O......

You like to think in a jumbo package you could hit a short gain or have enough protection to make a good throw to 2 Tight ends who when healthy, should be one of the best TE tandems in the game.

Are QB's "robots" or HUMAN?    Andrew took FULL blame for the loss after the game.   He knows what happened.

It is a learning curve, and frankly...   he is AGES ahead of the Football God Peyton Manning.    heheehe...   JMO

But, Peyton is lookin pretty good right now...   But I guess Welker, Thomas, Thomas, Decker, and on and on help tho aye?

Look at the Reggie interception. Griff was open on a more intermediate route over the middle. Right read is to make the throw to the open guy underneath and live to see another down in a tightly contested game.

First, Allen did not play...      an OL is coming in as "eligible"  Jones.. and Wayne is the lone WR.    Slow as a turtle.

And Indy loves to throw out of THIS.

It is not defend able.   On any level.

Pep is young, and learning...   lets hope he is not stubborn.

You like to think in a jumbo package you could hit a short gain or have enough protection to make a good throw to 2 Tight ends who when healthy, should be one of the best TE tandems in the game.

First, Allen did not play... an OL is coming in as "eligible" Jones.. and Wayne is the lone WR. Slow as a turtle.

And Indy loves to throw out of THIS.

It is not defend able. On any level.

Pep is young, and learning... lets hope he is not stubborn.

I understand Allen was hurt. I was speaking from a pure philosophical standpoint. Ideally you'd like to have Hilton, Allen and Fleener out there for that package.

However I do not like how much it's been used to this point. Maybe a certain number of plays but not as a base passing formation.

go back to Denver

Are QB's "robots" or HUMAN? Andrew took FULL blame for the loss after the game. He knows what happened.

It is a learning curve, and frankly... he is AGES ahead of the Football God Peyton Manning. heheehe... JMO

But, Peyton is lookin pretty good right now... But I guess Welker, Thomas, Thomas, Decker, and on and on help tho aye?

Jvan inquired as to what reads Luck has missed on and I provided an example. Luck is ahead of the curve but there will be times where he plays and looks his age as a young QB as he did in parts of Sundays loss. But him looking like a young QB is equivalent to being slightly below average where as "looking his age" for other QBs his age result in Sundays game being a blow out loss instead of a near comeback. Luck is still human.

Lol this is easily one of the most uninformed posts in the history of this forum.