Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hypothetical Coaching Change Scenario

jackbutton96

Okay, so let's say somewhere near the end of the season/playoffs that a huge rift is formed between the Patriots management and coach Belichick, resulting in him being fired when the season is over. Shortly thereafter, the media reports that Belichick has expressed an interest in coaching the Colts. Do you want him to be our coach?

Yes anytime you can get someone who is the best at the business at what they do you take it. With that said no way BB and Bill Polian ever work together and BB wouldn't want our job because of Bill Polian but I guess we are willing to suspend the reality enough to think that the Pats would ever fire BB I guess we cant suspend the BB/Bill Polian relationship reality too.

As GoColts8818 suggested, in the magical realm where he could work with the Colts existing FO - having similar input on player personnel decisions as Dungy had - it would be a dream come true. The best management team in the history of the NFL. But just swapping his group for our existing group would be an incredibly disruptive and essentially lateral move. You'd look up, find that PM's career had wrapped up during the tumult, and perhaps learn the hard way that BB actually needs a talented QB to win games in the modern NFL too.

Too soon, man.

Back on topic, yes. We should without question hire Belichick...but I can't see any situation where there is a rift between him and the Pats organization

Oddly enough, it would have been a really funny joke before today....

As GoColts8818 suggested, in the magical realm where he could work with the Colts existing FO - having similar input on player personnel decisions as Dungy had - it would be a dream come true. The best management team in the history of the NFL. But just swapping his group for our existing group would be an incredibly disruptive and essentially lateral move. You'd look up, find that PM's career had wrapped up during the tumult, and perhaps learn the hard way that BB actually needs a talented QB to win games in the modern NFL too.

And, while that may be a possibility, I think BB and Peyton have the intellect and drive to make it work immediately. If the Hoodie were available, it would be dumb not to sign him.