Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver (- 5 1/2) @ NYG (9-15-13) Game Thread

oldunclemark

No doubt about it, the AFC is Denver and everyone else right now. I was tough on Denver all last year since well I always felt they were overrated. So far they are not. Although it is early in the year so they can't peak too soon either.

But, most of the AFC is hanging on for dear life at times so far and they make it look so easy.

Kudos so them so far this season. Just hope they stink when they come to Indy cause we might need the help!!!!

OK welker drops ballsa so far in this came as u say , Many costly  Denver penalties robberd an fumble and Giants score, and maning opening great drive and ball fumbles near goal line, & no thrown TDs,, 1 looked like it bit J thoimass fell on same play he scored on  Vs Balt , another penalties for first down backed against end zone wiped it out then 3 &* out etc, Oh well, , lets see what happens in second half 

Slloppy playing , cant pressure Giants , to long in pocket 

maybe be back MNonday iif am free , maybe not  usual weks 2 days of Docs 

had great  Jewish holiday & traditional dinner last night, BYE thats what is important , same for 60 years

wow what a turnaround. a score each, crazy bounce off back foot = IT , maning to Julis Thomas & his stretch for TD, and crazy littlle holiday, Houston what were u thinking when u cut him

Giants are going to have a long year. Played well for a half and then had no game plan in second half. Eli is still frick and frack each and every game. Must be so maddening for Giant fans.

Little D Ianacho  ( spelling ), u play hard u r good , r are undrafted and fooled all on how well u r, 

Hope u r not hurt bad  with kneee, my Colts already lost ballard on kneee this week

Little D Ianacho  ( spelling ), u play hard u r good , r are undrafted and fooled all on how well u r, 

Hope u r not hurt bad  with kneee, my Colts already lost ballard on kneee this week

Ayers and Clady injured in garbage tiime is sickening, esp if Clady ankle is bad , its wait and see on all the injuries, LT backup is worthless 

Giants are going to have a long year. Played well for a half and then had no game plan in second half. Eli is still frick and frack each and every game. Must be so maddening for Giant fans.

me,  

Remember guys, Eli is elite.

At least 17 points off horse manure calls extending drives, including one PI with an uncatchable ball by a mile, and the Giants still got their clocks cleaned. On the plus side, he set an nfl record 150 interceptions since 2004. Plus two more.

Denver: 13 penalties for 132 yards.

Giants 4 Penalties for 16 yards. 10 first downs off penalties.

What a crock. I thought the Ravens/Broncos 21 point swing was bad but this takes the cake.

helmet to helmet. they call it every time

Shoulder to chest. Defender's helmet doesn't even move until Hicks hits it with his left hand. That's a clean hit.  It's just about a perfectly executed clean hit to a T.

Hicks' head goes forward because his body his being pushed back by the defender's shoulder. If it were helmet to helmet, his head would snap back right away.

Eventually his head snaps back because it's still attached to the rest of his body.

Remember guys, Eli is elite.

At least 17 points off horse manure calls extending drives, including one PI with an uncatchable ball by a mile, and the Giants still got their clocks cleaned. On the plus side, he set an nfl record 150 interceptions since 2004. Plus two more.

Denver: 13 penalties for 132 yards.

Giants 4 Penalties for 16 yards. 10 first downs off penalties.

What a crock. I thought the Ravens/Broncos 21 point swing was bad but this takes the cake.

By MATT YOUMANS

LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL

In a mismatch, Peyton Manning led the Denver Broncos to a win by fourth-quarter knockout. It’s never safe to leave it to the judges, because one might come up with a mysterious score.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/columns-blogs/sports/betting/no-draw-verdict-peyton-unanimous

No doubt about it, the AFC is Denver and everyone else right now. I was tough on Denver all last year since well I always felt they were overrated. So far they are not. Although it is early in the year so they can't peak too soon either.

But, most of the AFC is hanging on for dear life at times so far and they make it look so easy.

Kudos so them so far this season. Just hope they stink when they come to Indy cause we might need the help!!!!

Houston and NE are 2-0, too

This has played out as expected to far...Many thought KC would be 2-0, too

Brandon Krisztal @BKDenverSports

According a #Broncos Team Source, LT Ryan Clady's MRI revealed a Lisfranc Sprain on inj. left foot. No timetable yet on his return

Medical sites say Lisfranc = min 6 wks. RT @AdamSchefter: Ryan Clady is expected to miss "at least a few weeks" with a Lisfranc foot sprain.

3:00 PM - 16 Sep 2013

UPDATE 1:00 p.m. MT - Indeed, Adam Schefter tweets that Clady will miss "at least a few weeks with Lisfranc sprain.

Lisfranc sprains can take months to heal, which would put Denver's offense - particularly the protection of Peyton Manning - in the less capable hands of Chris Clark for a large chunk of the 2013 season.

Coincidentally, the Broncos announced they signed Clark to a two-year contract extension moments ago.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/9/16/4737514/ryan-clady-injury-lisfranc-foot-broncos

" To Me Clark was purely worthless in preseason, this is a big hit  & pass blocking by Hillman and Ball doesn't exist"

One of the most lopsided officiated games I have ever witnessed. I laughed when Phil Simms talked about penalties when the Gmen had 3 for 16 yards all night. Denver had over 10 for 100 some odd yards. About half of them were actually legitimate.

Adjusted score:

DEN: 59  NYG: 6

so close.

Amazing how it was 3-0 at the quarter..and they still covered the 'over'

Felt a little sorry for Eli

Don't forget the Giants also have the infamous "curse of the SB host" on them. As well as the Jets.

Brandon Krisztal @BKDenverSports

According a #Broncos Team Source, LT Ryan Clady's MRI revealed a Lisfranc Sprain on inj. left foot. No timetable yet on his return

Medical sites say Lisfranc = min 6 wks. RT @AdamSchefter: Ryan Clady is expected to miss "at least a few weeks" with a Lisfranc foot sprain.

3:00 PM - 16 Sep 2013

UPDATE 1:00 p.m. MT - Indeed, Adam Schefter tweets that Clady will miss "at least a few weeks with Lisfranc sprain.

Lisfranc sprains can take months to heal, which would put Denver's offense - particularly the protection of Peyton Manning - in the less capable hands of Chris Clark for a large chunk of the 2013 season.

Coincidentally, the Broncos announced they signed Clark to a two-year contract extension moments ago.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/9/16/4737514/ryan-clady-injury-lisfranc-foot-broncos

" To Me Clark was purely worthless in preseason, this is a big hit "

What is going with Bailey? Will he be back soon?

Injury update

Losing Clady is a big blow, no doubt. At least the injury is not severe/season ending.

The Broncos play the Raiders, Jags, Eagles and Cowboys over the next 4 weeks. The only team there that I see putting up a fight is Dallas. If the Broncos get Clady back in 4-5 weeks they'll be in good shape...especially if they're 6-0 at that point. They'll get Von Miller on D and Clady on O back around the same time, in theory.

Losing Clady is a big blow, no doubt. At least the injury is not severe/season ending.

The Broncos play the Raiders, Jags, Eagles and Cowboys over the next 4 weeks. The only team there that I see putting up a fight is Dallas. If the Broncos get Clady back in 4-5 weeks they'll be in good shape...especially if they're 6-0 at that point. They'll get Von Miller on D and Clady on O back around the same time, in theory.

who knows really how long as they said 

Re Baily  as I wrote

Great qustion and med staff had said he may be back for Ravens game, who knows

No  word on Duke & Ayers I hope is good sign

4 PM I get busy again,. take care

Hope u r correct

PS, what is really awful is he was injured in garbage time on a run play to erase time, just should of let peyton play & him protect

(( know thats stupid hindsight , but  i just hate prevent defense however ))

,A defensive man fell and rolled over on him as he had   moved to help the run blocj k towards line's right side

BYE

Hope u r correct

PS, what is really awful is he was injured in garbage time on a run play to erase time, just should of let peyton play & him protect

(( know thats stupid hindsight , but  i just hate prevent defense however ))

,A defensive man fell and rolled over on him as he had   moved to help the run blocj k towards line's right side

BYE

I, too, hate the hyper conservative play calling whenever a Manning-led offense gets up big. It leaves the door open for the other team to get back in it. It's amazing after the Ravens playoff game that they haven't learned their lesson.

I'll say this, though. After the first two runs for no gain at least Manning tries a short screen pass or something occasionally to change it up now. This as opposed to a third run which also does nothing.

I, too, hate the hyper conservative play calling whenever a Manning-led offense gets up big. It leaves the door open for the other team to get back in it. It's amazing after the Ravens playoff game that they haven't learned their lesson.

I'll say this, though. After the first two runs for no gain at least Manning tries a short screen pass or something occasionally to change it up now. This as opposed to a third run which also does nothing.

Positively last response, 4 pm can really be hairy for me

Al.l this injury reminds me of is Polian not going for an all win season to preserve health, then having Freeney stay in with 2 minutes left as Jets were already done & a win was in the cards  in AFC champ game and Freeney gets hurt for SB 44

If the Broncos get Clady back in 4-5 weeks they'll be in good shape... 

Quick PS sent toi me

ESTIMATE

Just moments after news broke that Denver Broncos All-Pro left tackle Ryan Clady could miss up to six weeks with a Lisfranc foot sprain, the team announced that they have agreed to terms on a two-year contract extension with Chris Clark.

Though he was extended by the team, Clark is not guaranteed to earn a starting job right away, at least not at left tackle, where Clady had been playing. Denver will likely shift around their offensive line, and guard Chris Kuper will help provide additional depth.

One option for the team would be moving right tackle Orlando Franklin or guard Zane Beadles to left tackle and moving Chris Clark to right tackle (with Kuper or someone else filling in for Beadles). As of today, Denver's depth chart consists of Franklin at right tackle, Louis Vasquez at right guard, Manny Ramirez at center, Beadles at left  Guard and Clark at left tackle (behind the injured Clady).

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/9/16/4737718/denver-broncos-signings-denver-announces-two-year-extension-with

(((  IS KUPER EVEN HEALTHY   , ????, Wonder when Walton can return ?? & if he gets back center  )))