Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Da Ringzzzuh!

open window

It's more about the journey than the end result in this NFL fan's opinion. This is the time of year that I love the most, the possibilities get me almost as pumped as a playoff push. Super Bowl wins are obviously great and more than icing on the cake.  I don't know when that narrative started, (I blame Pats fans to an extent) the whole "Super Bowl or bust" mentality (at least as a fan) it is so narrow sighted and can only diminish the enjoyment of the journey IMHO. A great and memorable season can be defined many ways with a number of different endings. Go Colts!  Colts fans enjoy the ride, I know I will.

It's more about the journey than the end result in this NFL fan's opinion. This is the time of year that I love the most, the possibilities get me almost as pumped as a playoff push. Super Bowl wins are obviously great and more than icing on the cake.  I don't know when that narrative started, (I blame Pats fans to an extent) the whole "Super Bowl or bust" mentality (at least as a fan) it is so narrow sighted and can only diminish the enjoyment of the journey IMHO. A great and memorable season can be defined many ways with a number of different endings. Go Colts!  Colts fans enjoy the ride, I know I will.

I started to adopt this attitude about ten years ago. I feel really sorry for my buddies who are Browns fans and pretty much abandon hope every year.

I think it all starts with ownership. If management really wants to win and does everything in their power to make the right moves, how can you not love your team, even if they don't win it all?

Of course, it helps when your franchise QBs are named Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck.