Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pats Cut Ballard

amfootball

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/2013/08/30/patriots-begin-cuts-with-tight-ends-jake-ballard-daniel-fells/fgYC4YtWxulwdDiEYfwkKK/story.html

I have to admit that this surprised me. Pats cut Jake Ballard. He did not have any receptions in the preseason. I was pretty high on this guy. Thought he had the size and hands to fill in for Gronk nicely. I think the Sudfeld guy was just too good which pushed Ballard out.

On the bright side, some in the media see this release as an indicator that Gronk will not be put on the PUP list and could start playing soon. I am not sure about that but certainly hope it is true.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/2013/08/30/patriots-begin-cuts-with-tight-ends-jake-ballard-daniel-fells/fgYC4YtWxulwdDiEYfwkKK/story.html

I have to admit that this surprised me. Pats cut Jake Ballard. He did not have any receptions in the preseason. I was pretty high on this guy. Thought he had the size and hands to fill in for Gronk nicely. I think the Sudfeld guy was just too good which pushed Ballard out.

On the bright side, some in the media see this release as an indicator that Gronk will not be put on the PUP list and could start playing soon. I am not sure about that but certainly hope it is true.

I was a little surprised by this as well. Thought he looked decent.

On the other hand, they have 2 other healthy tight ends and it seems that Gronk's rehab is going well so you can certainly understand it.

I think it's fairly likely that he'll get picked up by someone else.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Halfway home fellas. 59-47 at Half. We just need 24 great minutes, and we advance. 
    • Some of us gave our opinions on that already.  Ballard probably had a group of players in mind.  He can't control what offers come in.  The deal is for pick 52 and he feels safe making the trade because he thinks he's going to get a good player at 52.  After all, he doesn't know for sure what teams will pick whom, or what team will trade up to snipe a player, despite his thoughts of teams had needs for another WR.   I think if he was actually targeting AD, he probably would have just picked him at 46.  I see Ballard's comments as truly thinking he got lucky with having  player with the prospects of AD (I too think he could be our long desired #1...huge catch radius to go with the metrics), with no other team wanting to draft him before there.   Ballard finally discarded ADs issues enough at that point.   As far as personality, don't all of the #1 NFL WRs have a bit of that diva persona about them?  Not all of them, but its kinda seems like it comes with the territory and has to be sort of expected a bit.     BTW, do you think Ballard got lucky with Latu on the board at 15?  That seems to be the prevailing thought if you read pundit comments about ATL and Penix...how that pick #8 influenced lower teams, for the good and bad (took him away from LVR, who's GM still "has no QB").  Some here will read that as a slam on Ballard, but I think it just shows how much the randomness of a card game impacts how good a GMs draft is or is not.  And I think Ballard would acknowledge the same, based on his comments.
    • I saw it but I didn’t know it was real. It looked photoshopped in the picture I saw.  
    • I dunno if it’s been posted yet but has anyone seen latu’s horseshoe tattoo?  I think it’s pretty cool and I really like the show of loyalty and how all in he is for the colts.   Pretty cool in my opinion. 
  • Members

• 2006Coltsbestever

2006Coltsbestever 41,559

• NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan 21,276

• TheNewGuy

TheNewGuy 16

• Iron Colt

Iron Colt 133

• Jumpman

Jumpman 0

Rookie