Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will the Real Cherilus Please Show Up

atapcl

Am I the only one who thought Reitz did a good job against the Browns?

He was solid against both the Bills and Browns, and he let the one guy around him to the QB last night who had to run all the way across to field toward a clueless Chandler Harnish.  Does this guy have any sort of a clue when to throw the 'darned' ball away?

Reitz moves very well with his feet, so it took/takes a speed rush to get around him from the outside.  Never known as a mauler...never will be.  He will always use his athleticism to get his body in position.  This is why he excels at pass blocking!!

What is the matter with Gosder Cherilus? At BC he had a reputation of being an outstanding run blocker. AT Detroit he developed a reputation of a good pass blocker while his run blocking depreciated. In my opinion he has looked no better in the last 3 preseason games than Winston Justice did last year. If he does not improve we will need to use a TE and or a RB to help him. I would like him to show up with some skill set be it pass or run blocking. Has he been playing hurt?

In the Cleveland game I actually didn't think he looked half bad. He got beaten by Kruger a few times. But I think that's just because Kruger is a dangerous pass rusher. He has a good shot at hitting double digit sacks this season. Give the O-line till game 4 to get some proper chemistry. I think we'll look a lot better. Guys don't go from being a top 3 tackle in the league to looking like a late round rookie in the space of a few months. Unless you're Jake Long...

Glad to have a good topic for my 1000th post. Ijalana may be the best athlete but the coaches seem to like Link and Reitz moore. That leaves Ijalana as the odd man out unless the team keeps 10 OL. I think we keep 9 and put 1 or 2 on PS.

ZERO chance they like Link over Ijalana. Link isn`t Good at anything.

Ijalana is proving himself with this playing time.

Link is just being Link, mediocre at best. JMO