Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fantasy Football Defense

I know I'm very biased but I waited until the last round of my fantasy football draft to pick the Colts defense in a 12 team league. Indy is the only defense I drafted also.

So for all you fantasy guru's, will this hurt me or should I say how bad will it hurt me? Lol

I'm not expecting the Colts D to give me huge numbers. But just be solid I know we are going to need more takeaways, sacks, the ST will have to step up, etc.

I know I'm very biased but I waited until the last round of my fantasy football draft to pick the Colts defense in a 12 team league. Indy is the only defense I drafted also.

So for all you fantasy guru's, will this hurt me or should I say how bad will it hurt me? Lol

I'm not expecting the Colts D to give me huge numbers. But just be solid I know we are going to need more takeaways, sacks, the ST will have to step up, etc.

I have them on my team as well. Mainly just have them for week 1, and possibly week 2. I tend to pick a different D up every week based off matchups. Colts D could turn out to be a nice sleeper, but you never know

I wanted to pick them just to play the matchup the first two weeks but another person in my league picked them to spite one guy who drafted 5 colts players (don't let your fandom get in the way of your FF team). Instead I got the Bucs D because they play the jets week 1.

I agree..it is a good pickup, but as others have said, normally, i like to try to do it week by week..but this year, I drafted the Bengals D, and I'm sticking with them this year. I just have a feeling they are going to do some special things on defense. And who knows, the Colts might just become a top 10 defense, not only in the league, but in fantasy as well..

Week 1 for a different money league - for defense and special teams, do I play Detroit Lions hosting the Vikings or the Kansas City Chiefs at the Jaguars???

I am leaning towards the KC Chiefs because they stop the run and pass pretty well and have better special teams, IMO. If not for Big Ben moving around like that in the first half of pre-season game 3, the Chiefs would have had more sacks and turnovers. Gabbert and Henne are not nearly as mobile. Yes, they have MJD but they wont have Blackmon. But then, the Vikes and Adrian Peterson will tend to either move the ball on the ground or just punt it, IMO. Lions' special teams is not as good as the Chiefs, IMO. Ponder is not that good but then, compared to Gabbert, he might come off looking like a good QB :).

Thoughts???

Week 1 for a different money league - for defense and special teams, do I play Detroit Lions hosting the Vikings or the Kansas City Chiefs at the Jaguars???

I am leaning towards the KC Chiefs because they stop the run and pass pretty well and have better special teams, IMO. If not for Big Ben moving around like that in the first half of pre-season game 3, the Chiefs would have had more sacks and turnovers. Gabbert and Henne are not nearly as mobile. Yes, they have MJD but they wont have Blackmon. But then, the Vikes and Adrian Peterson will tend to either move the ball on the ground or just punt it, IMO. Lions' special teams is not as good as the Chiefs, IMO. Ponder is not that good but then, compared to Gabbert, he might come off looking like a good QB :).

Thoughts???

Just my 2 cents for what its worth..

I would go for KC..Jennings and Simpson are not bad receivers for the Vikes, and they have a special team Monster in Cordarelle Patterson running back kickoffs..(and he's not a bad #3 as well)...They have a decent O-Line..as well.

KC can put a lot of pressure on the QB, and I think they can hold MJD to around 80-90 yards and don't have that bad of a defense..(remember how they held us down last year..had it not been for the terrible Cassell..they easily could have beat us) Shorts is a good receiver, but as you stated, without Blackmon, I don't see Jags scoring much.and KC has a great running game in Charles, and McCluster, and a QB in Smith who is more of a game manager QB, than a gunslinger.

GL in you game..