Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 07/19

sb41champs

:blueshoe:   Former NFL running back Tiki Barber caused quite a stir earlier this week when he declared on his radio show that Giants QB Eli Manning is BETTER than his brother QB Peyton Manning.

At least a part of his determination was based on the fact that Eli has TWO Super Bowl rings and Peyton has only ONE at this point in their careers.

Putting aside our OBVIOUS regard for Peyton because he played for our Colts:

:blueshoe:   Do YOU believe that Eli has proven himself as a BETTER quarterback than Peyton ?? 

:blueshoe:   Former NFL running back Tiki Barber caused quite a stir earlier this week when he declared on his radio show that Giants QB Eli Manning is BETTER than his brother QB Peyton Manning.

At least a part of his determination was based on the fact that Eli has TWO Super Bowl rings and Peyton has only ONE at this point in their careers.

Putting aside our OBVIOUS regard for Peyton because he played for our Colts:

:blueshoe:   Do YOU believe that Eli has proven himself as a BETTER quarterback than Peyton ?? 

Absolutely no! There placing too much envious on one player performance in the playoffs it's a team game. Peyton clearly is the better quarterback plus Peyton is a coach on the field.  

First of all, can we ask Tiki Barber if he is a better player & sibling since his brother Rhonde Barber won a SB in 2002 with Tampa Bay?, Tiki has no ring, & I doubt that Rhonde Barber would have an affair with another woman while his wife was pregnant   haha  :facepalm:

Peyton is the best regular season QB I have ever seen. There's a reason SW1 calls him Yoda...His line of scrimmage mastery. Still Eli, on the other hand, plays lousy in the regular season, but beats the Patriots twice in 2 SuperBowls. My money is with Peyton simply due to how he transforms teammates & makes everyone around him better. 

Plus, Eli has always had a great offensive line in NY his entire NFL career vs Peyton who only had a decent line from 2004-2006 in INDY IMO & that makes a huge difference on the success of a QB down the stretch season by season year by year. 

I will acknowledge that Denver's line last season was very impressive protecting #18 though. I won't dispute that fact. 

I remember watching Eli play for 'Ol Miss,  one game in particular that went to a record 7 overtimes and hearing people saying that he had more natural ability, and potential and was going to be better, and surpass Peyton in the NFL.  After having seen both of them play several times, and I enjoy watching both of them  I have to say,  I disagree.    

And I might add....NO-one gets my heart pumping and gets me more excited about a game, than Peyton

:blueshoe:   At least a part of his determination was based on the fact that Eli has TWO Super Bowl rings and Peyton has only ONE at this point in their careers.   :blueshoe:   

By that standard, Trent Dilfer is a better quarterback than Dan Marino,

Remember when Tiki questioned Eli's leadership and ended up looking bad?  That told me all I needed to know about Tiki's ability to judge QBs. 

I do think Eli is more calm than Peyton which has helped lead to a little more playoff success than Peyton but that's about the only reasonable argument you can make for Eli.  When you factor in everything else it's not even close and that's come from a guy that had Peyton not been a Colt Eli would have been his favorite Manning. 

Remember when Tiki questioned Eli's leadership and ended up looking bad? That told me all I needed to know about Tiki's ability to judge QBs.

I do think Eli is more calm than Peyton which has helped lead to a little more playoff success than Peyton but that's about the only reasonable argument you can make for Eli. When you factor in everything else it's not even close and that's come from a guy that had Peyton not been a Colt Eli would have been his favorite Manning.

Tiki just wants Eli to front him some money

Tiki just wants Eli to front him some money

haha Tiki probably needs money desperately after violating the morality clause in his "Today Show" contract resulting in his dismissal from NBC as a commentator there a few years ago. 

Tiki Barber is no position to tell anyone who is or isn't elite talent on or off the football field...People who live in glass houses themselves would be well advised not throw any rocks...

Remember when Tiki questioned Eli's leadership and ended up looking bad?  That told me all I needed to know about Tiki's ability to judge QBs. 

I do think Eli is more calm than Peyton which has helped lead to a little more playoff success than Peyton but that's about the only reasonable argument you can make for Eli.  When you factor in everything else it's not even close and that's come from a guy that had Peyton not been a Colt Eli would have been his favorite Manning. 

Yup, I sure do Tiki retires in 2006 & Eli wins his 1st SB in 2007. A regular Nostradamus fortune teller there Mr. Barber. LOL!

I wonder if Eli called Tiki up on the phone & said "how does my QB leadership look now?"  :lol: