Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Grigson Project.

Dark Superman

In 2011 I surely thought that it would be a good half of a decade before the Colts would even be considered a threat to make it back to the playoffs.

We had a team full with over priced, often injured veterans who were eating up cap space. Our quarterback was nearing the end of his career and it just seemed to be getting worse after each neck procedure.. I wasn't sure myself if #18 would ever play another down in the nfl again.

We fired our General Manager and Head Coach. Grigson and Coach Pagano were hired. Peyton was releases along with a bunch of faces who have been a huge part of our team for years.

I was sure our team had nothing left and would be at the bottom of the league for years to come.

Then, our General Manager did the unthinkable and saved our franchise in just one year. He started with the draft where he nailed mostly every pick from top to bottom landing us our future franchise Quarterback in Andrew Luck. He retrieved us a pair of well polished TE's, a running back and wide receiver and hopefully a future stud DT. Nobody could have done it better than Grigson and co.

Than his aggressive play landed Vontae Davis before the 2013 season.. And we all know how well that played out for us in the end.

With a young team we were able to overcome many obstacles and establish ourselves as a playoff contender after just one season. We were suppose to be ranked dead last in the nfl last year, but we are a young and hungry team destined for greatness.

Grigson filled many holes this off season and made the best with the cap money he had to spend. He filled many needs.. He made our secondary better. He made our offensive line better. He upgraded both the receiver and running back position. He upgraded the linebacker and defensive line. You name it and he did it. He brought in solid football players for cheap. This team on paper looks solid and to me looks like they could go deep in the playoffs.

I can't stress enough how fortunate and lucky I feel to have this guy controlling our franchise. I love everything he does to try to make this franchise better. He works his tail off and I believe in the near future Indianapolis will be hosting the Lombardi trophy once again..

Thank you Mr. Grigson and keep up the great work!

I couldn't agree more. This has been an amazing turnaround and the team has already cultivated a strong culture of teamwork and effort.

I guess some would argue with you about how cheap the talent we got early in FA actually was, but Grigs signed those players to team and cap-friendly contracts so I am all for it....

How awful it must be to be a Raiders or Bills fan right now... Life is good in Naptown...

I agree with everything positive being said about Mr. Grigson.

But I also sense we are building depth, not only on the "roster," but throughout the Organization. The scouting is exceptional. The coaching staff is evolving and appears to be very competent, and building a strong and compatible culture in the locker room, where rookies & seasoned players are supportive of each other.

All of these positives originate from the top. We have an owner who spends, leads and supports the talent working for him.

Thank you

Great post, and I agree, I think he got too much credit for drafting Luck, my mom would have done that, but this offseason has been very impressive... We are the addition of a CB from  filling every need in 1 offseason where there were MANY needs ...We r officially  a powerhouse and super bowl contender for years to come..Great job Grigson!! I can see a 2nd consecutive Executive of the Year award coming in the near future...

Sure people may think we over paid Landry,Sidbury,Jean Francoise and Walden but if Grigson believes in them well so do I.

He also picked up a handful of guys to cheap one year deals.. If they don't pan out.. It won't hurt us in any way..

i thought Sidbury was signed to a one year vet min?

Great post, and I agree, I think he got too much credit for drafting Luck, my mom would have done that, but this offseason has been very impressive... We are the addition of a CB from  filling every need in 1 offseason where there were MANY needs ...We r officially  a powerhouse and super bowl contender for years to come..Great job Grigson!! I can see a 2nd consecutive Executive of the Year award coming in the near future...

Take Luck out of the equation....

The rest of the 2012 draft alone was very, very good...

-- Fleener

-- Allen

-- Hilton

-- Chapman

-- Ballard

-- Brazill

That's 6 straight picks that are going to be contributors at a minimum and starters for sure and some might even be stars....

Do you know how hard that is to pull off?    I'm not sure there's another team from the 2012 draft that hit on so many picks in a row.....

And all of that is without Luck....   your momma not withstanding....     :thmup:

Now come on, you know there were a lot of fans that wanted Grigson to pick RG3.  :neener:

I would be willing to bet your are right!  :hmm:

Cant blame them. I still rip my brother on the Manning/Leaf pick. Those that preached the RG3 gospel will get theirs in due time. Remember..........Everyone likes pie, yet no one like humble pie.......what's the odds of that?

I always wanted Luck. I always felt that he was the right fit for this organization. Now.. If Luck has entered the NFL a year earlier and we landed RGIII I wouldn't be complaining.. Robert is a heck of a athlete and quarterback.. I wouldn't mind either but Luck has always been my first choice.

...I believe in the near future Indianapolis will be hosting the Lombardi trophy once again..

I'm convinced that we're going to grab a couple/few of them. If Luck ends up being what many of us are seeing (the best football I.Q. ever in a QB body that is as strong as a horse)...then we're getting ready to make a run for the ages.....a run for the ages!

We're the next NFL SuperPower. Not San Francisco, not Seattle. Us.

However there a lot more of those fans that will never admit it wanting RG3.

I don't doubt some were out there but I never heard one.

RGIII is a good QB but he is no Andrew Luck...and never will be. It's not even close.

IMO we (right now) have the best QB in the league. Other teams QBs may have some numbers and better teams around them. But we have the best QB. He's just less experienced. But talent-wise I don't think anyone compares. Nobody is now or ever has been as complete as he is. Manning comes next and then maybe Aaron Rogers. Regardless, I liken it to Michael Jordan entering the NBA. The talking heads were steady rambling on about Magic & Bird but the guy who would take it to the next level was already in the league.

The QB who is going to take this Franchise and the entire NFL to the next level is Andrew Luck.

Take Luck out of the equation....

The rest of the 2012 draft alone was very, very good...

-- Fleener

-- Allen

-- Hilton

-- Chapman

-- Ballard

-- Brazill

That's 6 straight picks that are going to be contributors at a minimum and starters for sure and some might even be stars....

Do you know how hard that is to pull off?    I'm not sure there's another team from the 2012 draft that hit on so many picks in a row.....

And all of that is without Luck....   your momma not withstanding....     :thmup:

Yes....this doesn't happen in the NFL draft very often....amazing!!!