Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

the top 100

CR91

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because he's terrible. 

He averaged 4.1 YPC behind an O-line with 3 pro-bowlers, (for comparison, Ballard averaged 4.2 YPC in starts behind the leagues 2nd worst O-line), isn't elusive, doesn't break tackles, is terrible as a receiver and utterly useless as a pass blocker.

He basically runs through a hole the O-line opened and falls down at the slightest contact. And everyone thinks he's elite because he carried the ball 350 times.

Ahhhh......  it's my old friend,  Mr. Selective Stat guy.    The guy who twisted himself into a pretzel trying to convince people how great Tony Romo is.

Now, he's trashing Arian Foster.   And what does Mr. Selective Stat guy do?    Makes an argument on a 1400 yard season with 350 carries,  because he didn't do enough.

But, he conveniently leaves out the previous two years,   1600 yards and a 4.9 avg per carry and 1200 yards and a 4.4 avg per carry.    Why?      Cause that makes his argument look silly.

Here are the numbers.     And there's nothing terrible about them.

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/roster/Arian-Foster/723e6c0c-f534-4b7e-a392-bb3bd6b17e3c

They're both going to be in the top 30.     Seriously.    

I don't know what you're complaining about?

The only question is who will be ranked higher?

Because two rookies shouldn't be considered the top 30 best players in the NFL even if this list is a joke

Because two rookies shouldn't be considered the top 30 best players in the NFL even if this list is a joke

Perhaps I misunderstood your post that I responded to.

You're not upset because you think Luck and RG3 aren't going to be in the top 30....   

You're upset because they ARE going to be in the top 30,  is that correct?     Is that what I'm to understand?

Perhaps I misunderstood your post that I responded to.

You're not upset because you think Luck and RG3 aren't going to be in the top 30....   

You're upset because they ARE going to be in the top 30,  is that correct?     Is that what I'm to understand?

Yes. They should not be rated higher then guys that have played longer and have gotten it done on the biggest stage aka big Ben and Eli.

Yes. They should not be rated higher then guys that have played longer and have gotten it done on the biggest stage aka big Ben and Eli.

Fair enough.....

I completely misunderstood your meaning.....

I thought I was giving you good news....   turns out the opposite....

Sorry about that....

Ahhhh...... it's my old friend, Mr. Selective Stat guy. The guy who twisted himself into a pretzel trying to convince people how great Tony Romo is.

Now, he's trashing Arian Foster. And what does Mr. Selective Stat guy do? Makes an argument on a 1400 yard season with 350 carries, because he didn't do enough.

But, he conveniently leaves out the previous two years, 1600 yards and a 4.9 avg per carry and 1200 yards and a 4.4 avg per carry. Why? Cause that makes his argument look silly.

Here are the numbers. And there's nothing terrible about them.

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/roster/Arian-Foster/723e6c0c-f534-4b7e-a392-bb3bd6b17e3c

What do the two previous years have to do with this list?

I suppose the list isn't who the best players in the league are, it is more who makes the biggest impact. Which is why Luck and RG3 are in the top 30 and people like Eli aren't because before this season Colts and Redskins were poor teams and they have turned them in to play off teams in the first year. Where as Giants were superbowl champs and they didn't hit the playoffs this year hence why Eli is lower even though he is a better player.

I predict that Luck will be in the top 20 and RG3 in the top 30. 

1. What is the purpose of the list?

2. What is the criteria?

3. Isn't it based on people's opinion? So it can't be wrong?

Anyway, I suggested that Luck should have been the MVP last year with what he did with what he had. Whether he was a rookie or not. He won games when he shouldn't have. He was more clutch that AV. He led from the front, and to 9 more wins than the previous season. With the worst o-line in the league, and a bunch of rookies and a change of HC.

From a QB perspective, he did much more than say even Peyton did.

Oh, and I agree with many on here. Who really cares......it is nice forum fodder though.

Because he's terrible. 

He averaged 4.1 YPC behind an O-line with 3 pro-bowlers, (for comparison, Ballard averaged 4.2 YPC in starts behind the leagues 2nd worst O-line), isn't elusive, doesn't break tackles, is terrible as a receiver and utterly useless as a pass blocker.

He basically runs through a hole the O-line opened and falls down at the slightest contact. And everyone thinks he's elite because he carried the ball 350 times.

I've seen some smelly posts. But this is up there.

You should know, Foster makes a living out of embarrassing the Colts.

I've seen some smelly posts. But this is up there.

You should know, Foster makes a living out of embarrassing the Colts.

Yep, he definitely shreds us. But he was extremely inefficient last season. Please point out in my post where I was wrong.

Patrick Peterson is a better player than Richard Sherman...come on now....

Richard Sherman makes a lot of noise....

but when the time came to put up...vs. Atlanta..in January ....his mouth went south.

Roddy White burned him for a big TD...

It was 20-0 at the half and Seattle watched the rest of the playoffs on TV

Patrick Peterson is a better player than Richard Sherman...come on now....

Richard Sherman makes a lot of noise....

but when the time came to put up...vs. Atlanta..in January ....his mouth went south.

Roddy White burned him for a big TD...

It was 20-0 at the half and Seattle watched the rest of the playoffs on TV

Patrick Peterson is nowhere near the level of Richard Sherman. It's not even close.

What do the two previous years have to do with this list?

There is no set criteria for the list.    It can be based on last year.   It can be based on your entire career.

That's why Peyton Manning didn't fall off when he missed the entire 2011 season.

That's why Darrelle Revis is still ranked despite missing more than half of last year.

I'm no huge fan of the list,  but your review of the Foster starts with.....   "Because he's terrible...."

Sorry,  but by any objective measure,  that is a review of worthy of only one poster....  JShipp.

He's the Gold Standard when it comes to such nonsense.    You're incredibly smart and sharp.    I don't think you did yourself any favors with that post.  

We can disagree on how good Foster is....  reasonable minds can disagree reasonably.    But terrible?     Come on now....

There is no set criteria for the list. It can be based on last year. It can be based on your entire career.

That's why Peyton Manning didn't fall off when he missed the entire 2011 season.

That's why Darrelle Revis is still ranked despite missing more than half of last year.

I'm no huge fan of the list, but your review of the Foster starts with..... "Because he's terrible...."

Sorry, but by any objective measure, that is a review of worthy of only one poster.... JShipp.

He's the Gold Standard when it comes to such nonsense. You're incredibly smart and sharp. I don't think you did yourself any favors with that post.

We can disagree on how good Foster is.... reasonable minds can disagree reasonably. But terrible? Come on now....

He was terrible last year by an efficiency standpoint. I don't know how this is debateable. Dude averaged 4.1 YPC behind a line with 3 pro bowlers.

He was terrible last year by an efficiency standpoint. I don't know how this is debateable. Dude averaged 4.1 YPC behind a line with 3 pro bowlers.

He also ran 355 times....  22 carries over 16 games.   Running that much over a full season is a skill-set all by itself.    Just saying he has a lower yards per carry compared to Vick Ballard doesn't mean Ballard is better.   Ballaard has to show he can carry the ball 22 times over 16 games. 

Somehow I don't think Houston shares your view that Foster is terrible.

You can call him overrated...   or not as good as his press clippings...   or doesn't live up to the hype....  but terrible doesn't fit....

Sorry,  I made my living with words for 30 years,  so I'm funny about such things....

He also ran 355 times.... 22 carries over 16 games. Running that much over a full season is a skill-set all by itself. Just saying he has a lower yards per carry compared to Vick Ballard doesn't mean Ballard is better. Ballaard has to show he can carry the ball 22 times over 16 games.

Somehow I don't think Houston shares your view that Foster is terrible.

You can call him overrated... or not as good as his press clippings... or doesn't live up to the hype.... but terrible doesn't fit....

Sorry, I made my living with words for 30 years, so I'm funny about such things....

Yeas he was terrible. I could care less about his volume stats. 4.1 YPC is behind a good O-line. He was one of the worst receiving backs in the league and it was basicaly 11 vs 10 when he was on the field as a pass blocker.

His DVOA was -1.6% (20th in the league) and 27th in success rate.

7 100 plus yard games with 29 or fewer carries, Consistently gets it done, 6 td's when he didn't have 100 or more yards in a game

Yeas he was terrible. I could care less about his volume stats. 4.1 YPC is behind a good O-line. He was one of the worst receiving backs in the league and it was basicaly 11 vs 10 when he was on the field as a pass blocker.

His DVOA was -1.6% (20th in the league) and 27th in success rate.

Ballard ran against teams who planned to stop Luck.

Foster ran against teams who planned to stop him.

Patrick Peterson is nowhere near the level of Richard Sherman. It's not even close.

Seattle would trade Sherman for Peterson in a minute.

Anybody would.

Peterson is the best athlete playing defense in the NFL...

He is a big time kick returner....4 TDs in 2 years...Sherman doesnt return kicks

Adding Peterson's special teams prowess...its just not close.....

Peterson is better. Sherman is louder.

7 100 plus yard games with 29 or fewer carries, Consistently gets it done, 6 td's when he didn't have 100 or more yards in a game

Might as well give it up, Gavin....

Once Dustin decides on something he picks the stats that help his cause and ignores all other stats that don't.

He's not moving off his position no matter what.

He'll say Foster is terrible 10 times out of 10....  just as he'd take Romo over Flacco 10 times out of 10.

OK....   whatever....

Again the poll isnt a reflection..its a projection...

Who will have what kind of year in 2013...

Its not who the best players were in 2012...its who the best players will be in 2013/.//.

its all hype.

Just like how Luck is the #1 QB under 25.

NFL hype.

Very, very true.  These polls are just a way to keep the NFL on fans minds in the dog days of the offseason.

NFL Network was celebrating Price's birthday Friday they're so bored

Just 2 more months to the first exhibiion game!

Again, he had 4.1 YPC. He's being based off of pure volume stats. He was inefficient. And should no way be in the top 100.

Once Dustin decides on something he picks the stats that help his cause and ignores all other stats that don't.

He'll say Foster is terrible 10 times out of 10.... just as he'd take Romo over Flacco 10 times out of 10.

OK.... whatever....

What stats am I ignoring? please tell me what he was good at last season besides getting a lot of carries.

He'll say Foster is terrible 10 times out of 10....  just as he'd take Romo over Flacco 10 times out of 10.

OK....   whatever....

Well even I would take Romo. A QB who puts up better #'s then Flacco consistently behind an O Line that was pretty much equal allowing hits and sacks on the QB, I think far far to much being made out of the 4 game stretch Flacco had, He played like an elite QB no question but he has been at best average before that, Good enough but far from great

Ballard ran against teams who planned to stop Luck.

Foster ran against teams who planned to stop him.

So did Adrian Peterson, CJ Spiller,.

This point is moot. Ballard ran against 8 men in the box far more times than Foster did.

Seattle would trade Sherman for Peterson in a minute.

Anybody would.

Peterson is the best athlete playing defense in the NFL...

He is a big time kick returner....4 TDs in 2 years...Sherman doesnt return kicks

Adding Peterson's special teams prowess...its just not close.....

Peterson is better. Sherman is louder.

Peterson allowed a passer rating of 80+ when he was thrown at. Richard Sherman allowed a 56 passer rating and was thrown at a far less amount of times because of his shutdown abilities.

The only way Seattle would trade Sherman for Revis is if there FO suddenly became incompetent.

Again, he had 4.1 YPC. He's being based off of pure volume stats. He was inefficient. And should no way be in the top 100.

And to get yards you have to get carries, If Ballard would have got the same number of carries then he would have had similar yards....4.1 yards per carry is consistently efficient

Peterson allowed a passer rating of 80+ when he was thrown at. Richard Sherman allowed a 56 passer rating and was thrown at a far less amount of times because of his shutdown abilities.

The only way Seattle woukd trade Sherman for Revis is if there FO suddenly became incompetent.

That's an illegitimate stat...you cant judge the passer's rating when someone is thrown at ....

There are other factors than the coverage..Like the rush....or the QB's options onthe play.

The passer rating itself is a questionable stat.

Peterson has returns lots of punts for lots of yards...Sherman plays well and talks a lot  on the NFL Network and ESPN

And to get yards you have to get carries, If Ballard would have got the same number of carries then he would have had similar yards....4.1 yards per carry is consistently efficient

4.1 YPC is mediocre. Combine that with his terrible ability as a 3rd down back and he was bad.

Mediocre as a runner+bad as a receiver+bad as a blocker= terrible.

Very, very true.  These polls are just a way to keep the NFL on fans minds in the dog days of the offseason.

NFL Network was celebrating Price's birthday Friday they're so bored

Just 2 more months to the first exhibiion game!

It might have been PRINCE's birthday the NFL Net was celebrating......

That's an illegitimate stat...you cant judge the passer's rating when someone is thrown at ....

There are other factors than the coverage..Like the rush....or the QB's options onthe play.

The passer rating itself is a questionable stat.

Peterson has returns lots of punts for lots of yards...Sherman plays well and talks a lot on the NFL Network and ESPN

Seattle had one of the worst pass rushes in the league. Arizona's was much better. Sherman's coverage ability is only matched by Darrell Revis. Peterson is barely top 10 at his position, and wasn't even the best corner on his team until Toler left.

The only way Seattle would trade Sherman for Revis is if there FO suddenly became incompetent.

Nobody woukd trade anybody for Revis right now...he's rehabbing

What stats am I ignoring? please tell me what he was good at last season besides getting a lot of carries.

The stats you're ignoring are from 2011 and 2010.  

The 2012 stats you're ignoring are 355 carries for 1400+ yards.     If you think just anyone can carry the rock like that just because they have a good line, then I think you're kidding yourself.    It's not easy to be The Man and deliver year after year...

Seattle had one of the worst pass rushes in the league. Arizona's was much better. Sherman's coverage ability is only matched by Darrell Revis. Peterson is barely top 10 at his position, and wasn't even the best corner on his team until Toler left.

Arizona's pass rush was not good...You're not serious

and I know you'll get to Peterson's kick return prowess....and how Sherman was burned by Roddy White.

You cant be the No.1 guy in the NFL when you call a guy out and get smoked by the guy you called out.

Explain.