Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

greg toler interview

CR91

This signing has me scared the most, even more than the Walden signing. Toler is the player that we are relying on to keep Vaughn off of the field, much like we relied on Powers last year.

I am afraid that Toler-- much like Powers-- has been labled as injury proned. I hope I'm entirely wrong, but I'm very scared about this.

If Toler can be that guy to have a firm grasp at the No. 2 CB position than I think the secondary has a chance to be one of the team's strengths, if it can stay healthy.

Butler is very solid option in the Nickel and Vaughn should be in the mix as well for the third or fourth cornerback spot. Not a ton of depth at either corner or safety but I like the frontline guys.

i dont get why people are so scared of vaughn covering a team's third or fourth best wr. there are posters saying they rather have undrafted rookie cbs then vaughn. the guy isnt a shut down corner by any means, but hes still a decent enough player that he can play against a team's second tier wrs

This signing has me scared the most, even more than the Walden signing. Toler is the player that we are relying on to keep Vaughn off of the field, much like we relied on Powers last year.

I am afraid that Toler-- much like Powers-- has been labled as injury proned. I hope I'm entirely wrong, but I'm very scared about this.

You are scared that the people that support their families by making these decisions may have made a mistake? Or you are afraid that the people who get paid to determine weather C Vaughn should or shouldnt be on the team are wrong?

You are scared that the people that support their families by making these decisions may have made a mistake? Or you are afraid that the people who get paid to determine weather C Vaughn should or shouldnt be on the team are wrong?

Both. I'm no GM, but after watching the Colts play last year I thought that the D-line, pass rush and defensive backs at times were our weakness. We've addressed our pass rush with Walden and Werner, possibly Sidbury, and our D-line with the addition of Jean-Francois, Franklin, and hopefully Chapman and McKinney coming back. We lost Powers who was often injured and replaced him with another often injured CB in Toler. So in my opinion, we haven't properly addressed this area of weakness. I'm glad we added Landry and Boyett at the safety positions, but I feel that we haven't done enough to address the CB position.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now